Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What everyday things could one do in Waterford City?

Options
  • 20-07-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi guys!

I'm looking to get a list of everyday activities that you could do in Waterford. Whether it's a club, public facility or just something really cool, I want to hear about it!

So far, I have:

-The Medieval Museum
    -Bishops Palace
    -Reginalds Tower
    -Waterford Crystal
    -Badminton club

Provided by ye gentlemen/ladies:

-Walk the city walls
    -Relax in the park
    -Play Dodgeball
    -Bubble Soccer
    -Pitch and Foot (half way house)
    -Boat trip on the river suit
    -Mount Congreve Estate (just outside city)
    -Library
    -Walk out by Superquinn
    -The Peoples park
    -Sea kayaking from dunmore
    -Relax, read a book and get a coffee in The Book Centre.
    -Cycling with one of the Cycling clubs.
    -Run with one of the running groups.
    -Walk on one of the many walking routes.

Free art exhibitions:

Garter Lane Arts Centre, O'Connell Street, Tues - Sat, 11am - 5.30pm
    Greyfriars Gallery, Greyfriars Tues - Sat, 10am - 5pm
    Waterford Municipal Collection, Theatre Royal, Wed - Fri, 10am - 3pm, Sat 11am -3pm
    Art on the Railings, occasionally over the summer outside Christ Church Cathedral

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

a fat guy wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I'm looking to get a list of everyday activities that you could do in Waterford. Whether it's a club, public facility or just something really cool, I want to hear about it!

So far, I have:

-The Medieval Museum
    -Bishops Palace
    -Reginalds Tower
    -Waterford Crystal
    -Badminton club

Walk the city walls,
    Relax in the park,
    Play Dodgeball
    Bubble Soccer
    Pitch and Foot (half way house)
    Boat trip on the river suit
    Mount Congreve Estate (just outside city)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Watch the traffic parked on the Quay and Mall
    Play spot the guard
    Play dodge the traffic warden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

the library is basically free. u can rent some great films from there. free internet. u can look up your family history there too.

there is a beautiful walk out by superquinn. where kingfisher gym is. it will take you half an hour to walk but its well worth checking out.its popular.
    the peoples park is also lovely. big old mature trees lots of benches to chill out. and a cafe close by.

in a hurry so ill edit this later with more as there are tonnes of great free things to do in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭hairway2Steven

Sea kayaking from dunmore

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tallcarrie

Enjoy free art exhibitions in:

Garter Lane Arts Centre, O'Connell Street, Tues - Sat, 11am - 5.30pm
    Greyfriars Gallery, Greyfriars Tues - Sat, 10am - 5pm
    Waterford Municipal Collection, Theatre Royal, Wed - Fri, 10am - 3pm, Sat 11am -3pm

Also check out Art on the Railings on occasionally over the summer outside Christ Church Cathedral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Relax, read a book and get a coffee in The Book Centre.

Go cycling with one of the Cycling clubs.

Go running with one of the running groups.

Go for a walk on one of the many walking routes. (County Waterford I know, but it all belongs to the city now :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Get wrecked in some of the fine establishments around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Thanks folks!

I've appended most of your answers to the first post, for the sake of others who might stumble across this thread, and for my own benefit. I'll be leaving out stuff to do with drinking or joke stuff, since the point of this is everyday stuff to do in Waterford during the daytime, rather than night.

I'm not saying you can't drink during the day, but it's not really what I was originally aiming for! Hahaha!

The art exhibition and walking routes information is greatly appreciated by the way, as that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

I've also stumbled across a nice little place called "The Rooftop Cafe" that I'd never heard of before. So I'll be checking that out too!

Cheers!

Edit: Also, some of the shops down on the quay are worth a look. I saw a vintage shop full of old clothes, old hats and odd bits and bobs, as well as a place called "The Larder"? It sold stuff you'd find in a larder. The shopkeeper is a really nice guy and I bagged a seaweed bar just to try it out. It wasn't nearly as bad as you'd imagine!

I also went into the Little Design Shop and found some really cool knick-knacks in there. Some Tim-Burton-esque dolls and a lot of hand-made stuff. Some of it was really cool. Shops like these are awesome and if anyone knows any other cool places like them, be sure to let me know! I'll even thank your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

walk round town, not much else to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Stand in Ferrybank and look down at the city across the river!

• Advertisement
Advertisement