Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferroli tempra 18 pump run only....

• 20-07-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭

I have put a central heating cleaning solution in the system for six weeks now.

I haven't had the system running as much as I expected so the cleaning solution didnt circulate enough for my liking.

Is there a maintenence setting to have the pump run without the gas firing?

When I turn down the temp setting I am not sure if it is the air pump or water pump or both running.

Pump runs, MODS please delete. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The lips wrote: »
    I have put a central heating cleaning solution in the system for six weeks now.

I haven't had the system running as much as I expected so the cleaning solution didnt circulate enough for my liking.

Is there a maintenence setting to have the pump run without the gas firing?

When I turn down the temp setting I am not sure if it is the air pump or water pump or both running.

Pump runs, MODS please delete. Thanks.

Six weeks is WAY too long to leave cleaner in the system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Six weeks is WAY too long to leave cleaner in the system

And no, there's no setting to allow pump only to run , it's a ferolli , you should be thankful it fires at all :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Egass13 wrote: »
    And no, there's no setting to allow pump only to run , it's a ferolli , you should be thankful it fires at all :) .

Thanks for that, really inspires confidence in the boiler.

I drained the system, wasn't too impressed how black the cleaner solution came out TBH. I WAS Expecting a black soot fluid after all the cleaning.

When I removed the bleed cap from the WILO water pump on the boiler it disintegrated in my hand. Where would I get one of those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Thanks for that, really inspires confidence in the boiler.

I drained the system, wasn't too impressed how black the cleaner solution came out TBH. I WAS Expecting a black soot fluid after all the cleaning.

When I removed the bleed cap from the WILO water pump on the boiler it disintegrated in my hand. Where would I get one of those?

Are you an rgi ? If not , You've already done more than your allowed . Wilo pump is discontinued , you have to get an rgi to replace with grundfos kit upgrade . And they ain't cheap . Can't advise any further I'm afraid unless you are an rgi .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Egass13 wrote: »
    Are you an rgi ? If not , You've already done more than your allowed . Wilo pump is discontinued , you have to get an rgi to replace with grundfos kit upgrade . And they ain't cheap . Can't advise any further I'm afraid unless you are an rgi .

Thanks Egass, I'm not an an RGI. I'm a have-a-go-hero :-)

I removed the auto bleeder that the cap was on and cleaned it out. Now pressurised to one bar and no leaks without a cap. I will get a cap to fit somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Thanks Egass, I'm not an an RGI. I'm a have-a-go-hero :-)

I removed the auto bleeder that the cap was on and cleaned it out. Now pressurised to one bar and no leaks without a cap. I will get a cap to fit somewhere.

Have a go hero, do you realise you're breaking the law?

MOD: It is illegal to do "GAS WORKS" unless your a RGI

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement