Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good brands for bags

Options
  • 20-07-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭

The latest scouting trip has spelled the end for my trusty 35L rucksack, so it's time for another!

The now defunct bag is a Regatta - cheap and cheerful but the build quality wasn't fantastic. I'm looking for something a bit better this time! So what are people's opinions on the various brands out there? I have heard Karrimor's quality has declined since they basically became sportsdirect.com's ownbrand, and the two Vango bags I've got (20L and 65L) are fair, but no great shakes.

I'm not looking to spend the life savings on it, but I don't mind shelling out a bit more for quality. Durability is particularly important as it'll likely bee seeing lots of use and abuse when scouting...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I can't fault Deuter

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The Sabre SF 45 is still a well regarded bag and worth considering
    http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/293-Karrimor-SF-Sabre-45-litre-Rucksack/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Deuter Guide 45. Will take 60L if you stuff it full. Excellent kit, tough and comfortable to carry even loaded heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

I am a fan of Berghaus (2 of my bags are BH), although you do have to pack carefully if you go for one with the free flow ventilation system, especially the 30l version - think it is less of an issue in the larger models. Basically because of the rigidity and shape, while you do still have the volume, its not evenly spread around the bag.

Also loved my northface 35l (can't remember the model name) until I wore it to death!

Advertisement