Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick v. Wexford, SHC QF, Semple Stadium @ 2pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

42000 tickets sold of 46000 ( reduced from 53000 ) according to Tipp County Board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

slegs wrote: »
    42000 tickets sold of 46000 ( reduced from 53000 ) according to Tipp County Board

more than i thought would be gone by now tbh,,

the 7k reduction being taken out the terraces?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

bennyl10 wrote: »

the 7k reduction being taken out the terraces?

Unless they've ripped out a few seats...:rolleyes:

citykat wrote: »
    Unless they've ripped out a few seats...:rolleyes:

Coulda closed off a couple of rows smart ass!
    Do it in thomond for smaller games and in croker dont they do it to stop.pitch encroachment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Amprodude wrote: »
    Doubt it. If Limerick could master Croke Park then they could have a chance. Cork team that played Limerick this year are a far better team than what faced Limerick in 2013. I think some fans here are going on past glorys to justify Limericks performance and some here are really overrating the team. I doubt Limerick would have beaten KK last year. They may beat Wexford but I guarantee you they will make hard work of it.

For a man that say's Limerick are his second team i have to say you wouldn't think that with some of your posts!Limerick put in a good performance against us.We were worthy winners but i felt the 6 point margin was a bit flattering to us.If Limerick are on from then they'll have no trouble against an average Wexford team.The only problem i think is that TJ is a very inexperienced manager.He needs to be quicker to make changes when things are not working out.But if Limerick strike form and get that forward line firing they'll beat Wexford pretty comfortably.It's time for Limerick to lay down a serious marker later on today.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

citykat wrote: »
    The ticket touts in Cork for the MF had Cork accents...

Plenty of skangers in Cork city too.
    Not often they get a chance to tout tickets in Cork as hardly any event is ever sold out. So we'll cut those guys a bit of slack...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Why have they reduced the crowd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I would love us to lay down a marker as genuine contenders. Seems a little unlikely though, Wexford are a good side, and never give up.

As someone mentioned above, I thought they were poor against Clare when Clare had 13 men, they really should have won, they had so many chances. But when Clare were restored to their full compliment, and the odds against them, they somehow dug deep and pulled a victory out of the bag. Obviously Clare tired a bit, but it was still a great achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Thanks for the replies on the tickets folks! I dont mind a terrace ticket, but will it be very squashed...? I never stood on a terrace for a big match before! Will I have room for my flask and sandwiches !!?? ( I am actually serious....making a day of it!)

I intend to be outside the stadium before the minor match....hopefully find a genuine person selling 1 stand ticket!!!

thanks all

h

• Advertisement

hawthorn wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies on the tickets folks! I dont mind a terrace ticket, but will it be very squashed...? I never stood on a terrace for a big match before! Will I have room for my flask and sandwiches !!?? ( I am actually serious....making a day of it!)

I intend to be outside the stadium before the minor match....hopefully find a genuine person selling 1 stand ticket!!!

thanks all

h

Get a spot on a terrace with the barrier and you'll have plenty.of room :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Blow limerick away?..ye haven't blown us away in a good long while, hardly call 2 weeks ago blown away!

Yes last year the country got a bit ott, but it was a whole since there's been success in the city.. Look at Wexfordu now for evidence, supporters fully believe they can go and win Liam and are reacting as they should, momentum and whatnot..

You seem like someone with an awful bitter chip against Limerick..

Again think will do the job tomorrow, favourites or not.. Kilkenny well that's a different ballgame..

On corks side, doesn't again look easy to get to September.. Don't be counting any chickens yet!

I didnt say Cork are going to win AI at all. We would need to be better than at present. This year Cork are better than Limerick and it showed on scoreboard. But some Limerick fans here believe Corks win was some sort of a fluke and that Limerick are better on paper nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

hawthorn wrote: »

thanks all

h

There'll be no squash (other than the cool drink in the flask!!) And while your'e waiting have a look around and consider where the other 18,000 stood in 1984!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

I didnt say Cork are going to win AI at all. We would need to be better than at present. This year Cork are better than Limerick and it showed on scoreboard. But some Limerick fans here believe Corks win was some sort of a fluke and that Limerick are better on paper nonsense.

I have read most comments on Limerick v Cork and nowhere have I seen Limerick fans say anything like above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

That hasn't been determined yet. This time last year you would have said "This year Cork are better than Clare and it showed on the scoreboard" following the hammering Cork gave them in the Munster championship. Different story when it really mattered in the All-Ireland series.

All-Irelands aren't won in June and July. What happens in the provincial championships doesn't matter. Only once since the opening of the backdoor in 2002 has the Munster champion gone on to win the All-Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I have read most comments on Limerick v Cork and nowhere have I seen Limerick fans say anything like above

I'm sure one did, problem is some people just want to believe the world is against them. Kind of like if 99 out of 100 journalists wrote articles praising the bejesus out of Clare and Davy Fitz, we all know he'd latch onto that one who didn't. "Everyone's writing us off, they're all slating us"

Some people only want to see whatever suits their agenda, anything else is just white noise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

For a man that say's Limerick are his second team i have to say you wouldn't think that with some of your posts!Limerick put in a good performance against us.We were worthy winners but i felt the 6 point margin was a bit flattering to us.If Limerick are on from then they'll have no trouble against an average Wexford team.The only problem i think is that TJ is a very inexperienced manager.He needs to be quicker to make changes when things are not working out.But if Limerick strike form and get that forward line firing they'll beat Wexford pretty comfortably.It's time for Limerick to lay down a serious marker later on today.

Agreed. There can be no excuses from our pov on this match. Refs, wides etc.

If KK were playing Wex, Wex wouldn't have a chance. That's the way we have to look at it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Donal o Grady out Tomas Ryan in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Looks like an unreal atmosphere around Thurles and in semple stadium. Limerick to win by 5.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ch20

Limerick to win by 3 points, wexford playing 4 weeks in a row.limerick will be fresher and will have too much for wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Can't wait for matches today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Great game so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

O'Mahony & Brown have started well, Limerick need to tack on a few scores now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Hope the Waterford minors are covering their eyes. Some of the worst wides Ive ever seen in this game.

Wexford look to have frozen. You come to semple stadium you have to be able to deal with the experience.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Been watching hurling a long time and never seen so many shocking wides. From both sides!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This game should be over all ready, some terrible wides by limerick here and they are still miles ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭randd1

Does anyone look at the goal when shooting? Shocking wides so far.

Wexford look nervous. Limerick much the better side already.

Wexford getting found out quickly

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

A goal for Limerick and this is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

They will have no balls left soon I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Time to turn this off

Game over

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭webels

Limerick should be way ahead here. Wexford very poor. Can only see one winner here.

Benny Cake wrote: »
    A goal for Limerick and this is over

And its good night from me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

This is absolutely shíte hurling, how many wides so far? 12? 13?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Ah christ, Limerick have't been playing fantastically or anything (the wides have been dreadful) but Wexford are woeful

Are Wexford just ****ed from all the hurling. Fair play to limerick but Wexford aren't this bad are they.

Limericks first touch light years ahead of wexfords.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just tuned in.

Jesus.

• Advertisement

webels wrote: »
    Limericks first touch light years ahead of wexfords.

Out in front of their man every time as well.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Are Wexford just ****ed from all the hurling. Fair play to limerick but Wexford aren't this bad are they.

Limerick aren't even playing that well imo, all the hurling over the last few weeks has caught up with Wexford I'd say.

Dowling is some star.

I actually feel sorry for Wexford after that.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Game over.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ah stop.

That third goal shouldn't have stood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Dreadful refereeing, dreadful Wexford.

Kevin Downes is absolutely woeful.

How can 3 people 10 yards away not see he used his hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Poor Wexford.

Sheedys wrong here, wasn't a handpass into the net, struck his hand on the way in. Similar to a goalkeeper dropping the ball into his own goal... Correct decision by the ref.

In fairness though, Wexford are hopeless... Limerick will take absolutely zero from this game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement