Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supernatural - Season 10 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Yeah, theres no a whole lot of anything really happening, is there?

So Yore Crowley's Ma to take over as Queen of Hell, ousting Crowley?
    Dean ends up killing an angel, or worse, Cain, and goes thermonuclear?
    Sam, Crowley and Cas have to team up with that annoyance that is The Scribe of God?
    Long shot, Dean passes the Mark on to Adam?
    Sam does some more smell your fart acting. (Not a theory, rather stating a fact :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie is back "Bitches" :)

A really fun/sad episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Charlie is back "Bitches" :)

A really fun/sad episode.

Thought it was going to be a throwaway episode at first just there for the sake of having Charlie back for an episode, but I like that it actually tied in with the mark of Cain and the overall series arc. I'm guessing we'll be seeing Charlie for a few episodes in the second half of the season - just hope she doesn't go the route of Kevin... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dean's reaction to eating kale made the episode for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Far better than the last episode. Enjoyed seeing Charlie back. Love Crowley but the less I see of his mother the better. I think she was a bad addition to the storyline. If its meant to be a bit humourous it fails and shes not a great actor.

Even if it adds to the overall arc shes still annoying. Sooner gone the better.

Thought it was going to be a throwaway episode at first just there for the sake of having Charlie back for an episode, but I like that it actually tied in with the mark of Cain and the overall series arc. I'm guessing we'll be seeing Charlie for a few episodes in the second half of the season - just hope she doesn't go the route of Kevin... :(

Everyone does who befriends or helps them goes that way in the end sadly.

That is the true curse of the Winchesters to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Someone in casting has a serious hardon for redheads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

At least with Dark Charlie they gave Felicia Day something more to do. And normal Charlie seemed a bit more subdued compared to previous outings. Dean should do more health kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing good Charlie in pain actually made me dislike Dean. Poor Charlie.

Dunno why but there were a couple times she made expressions that reminded me of Kate Micucci

That was an absolutely fantastic episode :D Supernatural at it's tip, top best!

The end driving off absolutely made it. I was always a fan of driving off to classic rock in the early seasons too.

The elephant in room and one niggle is that surely if they were capable of coming up with a way for reversing the spell they could find the spell to send Dean back a year in time and not 20 so the mark is gone but I'm not going to nitpick with such an enjoyable episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This show does comedy better than most sitcoms... The Taylor Swift scene at the end was brilliant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Yeah pmsl when kid Dean was talking about listening to Taylor Swift and enjoying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The actor who plays young Dean does a great job

Sam's face expression at Dean enjoying the Taylor Swift song was priceless

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Flowery flowers, aliens and Taylor Swift.
    Thought the young lad had Dean's mannerisms down pretty well.

Dean and college....I'd watch a lot more of that. He was well and truly the cat that got the cream, or the Dean that got the pie :)

10.13 Fairly standard story this week. The wifi thing was a bit lame, but we've all wanted to smash our devices at some point.

At least Dean's mini speeches had some emotional weight. Plus yeah, the food.

I'm not sure what I made of that episode, it was good but felt a bit rushed at the same time. Cain and Dean together were fantastic but I can't help but feel we should be a bit further on in the plot for the season by now and there wasn't really as much of a cliffhanger as I was expecting from the episode. Also the Rowena story better go somewhere good because she's really beginning to grate by now.

Oh and it looks like Supernatural won't be back until March 18th, which is a Wednesday too. The CW do my head in with all their breaks :mad:

Oh and it looks like Supernatural won't be back until March 18th, which is a Wednesday too. The CW do my head in with all their breaks :mad:

It's moving to Wednesdays for the rest of the seasons, but yes 4 week break until March 18th, but then the final 10 episodes should air without any breaks in between, which I think is better.

To be fair they've had fewer breaks this season than most US shows take. These breaks have always gone on over that side of the pond, it's just that we never had to get used to it over here until the last few years, because the way television viewing has changed. RTÉ, BBC, SKY etc. used to be able to hold back on new seasons of shows that started in the US in September until January and air a new episode every week and we all grew up with this way of viewing, so really the internet and advances in technology should be blamed rather than The CW... Completely understand the frustration though, it's just worth pointing out the real reasoning every now and again.

Enjoyed the episode though, series arc has jumped forward and Crowley and Castiel haven't been completely forgotten about after their absence for a few episodes.

It's moving to Wednesdays for the rest of the seasons, but yes 4 week break until March 18th, but then the final 10 episodes should air without any breaks in between, which I think is better.

To be fair they've had fewer breaks this season than most US shows take. These breaks have always gone on over that side of the pond, it's just that we never had to get used to it over here until the last few years, because the way television viewing has changed. RTÉ, BBC, SKY etc. used to be able to hold back on new seasons of shows that started in the US in September until January and air a new episode every week and we all grew up with this way of viewing, so really the internet and advances in technology should be blamed rather than The CW... Completely understand the frustration though, it's just worth pointing out the real reasoning every now and again.

Enjoyed the episode though, series arc has jumped forward and Crowley and Castiel haven't been completely forgotten about after their absence for a few episodes.

Oh I know but I was just looking forward to seeing what happened next week :pac: Taking that though I'd rather they waited another 4 weeks after Christmas instead of taking a break as soon as the story actually kicks back into gear. Infairness it's been much less stop start than the last few years so far alright.

• Advertisement

Oh I know but I was just looking forward to seeing what happened next week :pac: Taking that though I'd rather they waited another 4 weeks after Christmas instead of taking a break as soon as the story actually kicks back into gear. Infairness it's been much less stop start than the last few years so far alright.

I think the US stations are gradually trying to change their scheduling, so that shows will be able to air the seasons in two blocks like Agents of SHIELD is doing this year (September-December, then March-May) with a mini-series or short season of something going into the timeslot in January and February. Will take another few years before we see it more and more, but its a helluva lot better for most shows now than it was a couple of years back when the likes of 24 airings it's seasons straight through was an exception to the rule. It's all to do with bloody advertising though - the 'Muricans love their ads (it's why American Football infuriates me - 80 minutes of sport, 3 and a half hours of advertising)

The most recent head of The CW though has put the network back on the map and has made a concious effort to have lest week on/week off than all the other networks, so who knows maybe next year Supernatural will have less breaks again... :)

I can't put my finger on it but the episode didn't work for me something was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

I can't put my finger on it but the episode didn't work for me something was missing.

Me either. I got kinda bored and distracted during the whole thing to be honest.
    And I'm disappointed that Cain is dead also as I really liked him.
    But of course the story-line must continue so I'll get over it.
    The Rowena thing is just so annoying right now. They are trying to make her funny
    and witty like Crowley but it's just not working.

10.14 We didn't see Cain's body, so..? I thought Ackles was great. Any episode with Cain, Cas, Crowley and the boys is usually good. Cas is sporting a new tie? He's still on borrowed grace, right? The barn fight reminded me a bit of Batman vs. Bain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hopefully Rowena dies before the season ends. Do not want her back next season. At the moment, the only purpose I see her filling is getting Crowley back to being the king of hell and getting rid of any humanity left in him. Maybe achieve it by Rowena's death, either by his hand or the Winchesters

Was looking forward to watch the new episode today but only just realising they moved it to Wednesday night so another day to wait :pac:

Nearly there now so no harm to bump the thread anyway.

• Advertisement

Pretty decent return with 10.15. I like Cole enough - he's kinda there to get under their skin. However, the episode was somewhat lacking in humour and whilst watching I thought we were fairly short on the usual dose of pop culture references.

Rowena...I just can't take to her. Every scene she's in is beginning to annoy me now. Perhaps she's going to shake things up if she's no longer running scared but she'd better be gone by the end of the season. We could be using that time to see Crowley and Castiel instead it was dramatic arm flailing and screeching followed by a slap in the face. The 2 faces was a nice touch though.

Hot nun was hot.

I'd imagine the rest of the season will ratcheting up from here on in so it's not all bad and the trailer for next week looks promising :)

Episode 17 will see the return of
    BOBBY!!!!
    Best thing to happen the show in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Thought that episode was well 'meh', agreed on ze ginger witch who has never done anything for me. Hope the bit of info on who ruined the coven ramps things up from here on in, this series needs it.

That was a woeful episode. Huge fan but that was crap. Whatever about the Rowena storyline the actress is just annoying.

The italian painter storyline was ****e.

For me easily the worst episode this season and one of the worst I can remember from earlier seasons.

Needs more Castiel and if Bobby doesn't make a comeback.....balls.

• Advertisement

Heckler wrote: »
    That was a woeful episode. Huge fan but that was crap. Whatever about the Rowena storyline the actress is just annoying.

For me easily the worst episode this season and one of the worst I can remember from earlier seasons.

Needs more Castiel and if Bobby doesn't make a comeback.....balls.

Yeah, but to be fair, the non-evil Nun was hot! #SilverLining

Yeah, but to be fair, the non-evil Nun was hot! #SilverLining

She was but didn't save it from being a poor episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Heckler wrote: »
    That was a woeful episode. ........

I knew it'd be bad as soon as the first flashback!

Nuns are people, too.

Balls.... :D

Thought Crowley was going was going to kill Rowena, a bit of an idjit not to :)

Great episode and always great to see Bobby. Was good to see Castiel too for that matter. Does Rowena now hold the key to solving the Mark I wonder? Metatron not being in that cell is certainly asking for trouble, grace or no grace. I hope Sam tells Dean about Bobby next week. A question mark hanging over the flash of demon eyes too although it could have just been in his head.

I'm sure there's a joke about Hell using Microsoft somewhere too :pac: The Flash and Arrow have had a little product placement too so must be a CW thing in reality.

Yeah, must go out and buy a Surface now...

Bobby's letter was great. 'Kick it in the ass' was a shout out to the late Kim Manners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

I liked that the gateway to heaven was number 42. Good to see things moving along again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Sarn wrote: »
    I liked that the gateway to heaven was number 42. Good to see things moving along again.

Errrrm, why 42? forgive my ignorance lol

Liamalone wrote: »
    Errrrm, why 42? forgive my ignorance lol

42 is the answer to... The meaning of life, the universe, and everything.

From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Probably the best episode of the season so far - moved all the plot arcs forward and had Bobby. "Straight out of the Winchester handbook" on hearing how Sam was talking to him without Dean's knowledge was classic Bobby, as was "Balls!" and "Idjits".

Typical of this show though: Bobby was the one character who we saw had finally got a happy ending by being sent up to Heaven. The one character who, after all the trauma, got something nice. And realising that the writers threw him into a plot that, we can see implied anyway, has him cast from Heaven to either Purgatory or maybe down to join Crowley. Now nobody has a happy ending!

• Advertisement

The Who
    Thin Lizzy
    Winchester Accounting
    Less geeky, more subdued Charlie
    Cas
    Cas
    Cas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2 good episodes in a row. Holy crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Funny feeling season 11 hitting the beach :P

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Just watched end of new episode and omg is a understatement possibly the best I've seen all season :D

I really enjoyed that episode. It felt as fresh as anything once again. Rowena didn't even annoy me.

Sam is heading down just as dangerous a path as Dean is, if not even worse. It really doesn't seem to matter who has to die to save Dean. Leaving Rowena alone to decode a book full of ancient spells simply can't end at all well.

I wonder has Crowley reached a level where he can't be killed off? He was almost untouchable for the last 2 season but with this pact I wonder could they actually cut him. Well barring the annual reappearance all dead characters get :pac:

Speaking of, it was fantastic to see Benny again, a shame his arc couldn't have lasted another season or 2 in the Felicia Day, DJ Qualls manner.

Great episode of Supernatural :)

It wasn't completely my of cup tea, but yeah, great to see Benny again - enjoyed the hallucinations and the decades throwback teaser was fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very strong episode..... 3 in a row now. I wish they'd kept up this standard earlier on this season.

Nah another boring episode. Only watching out of loyalty now. Was tempted to skip forward after 25 mins. Was gonna work out the way it always does. A very poor season made worse by the inclusion of Rowena. A possibly good character ruined by, i won't say a bad actress, but by annoying acting. She might be terrific in something else but the acting in this is painful.

I guess there will be an eleventh but much as I've loved it could be time to put it to bed.

Good episode. Claire is one of the better side characters and was an interesting season arc for her. Actions of the past have consequences. Assuming she turns up at Jody Mills then we'll be seeing more of her next season most likely.

3 episodes left now. Hopefully they'll be crackers!

• Advertisement

You got all that from a putter? :pac:

Clapton and Page...

Advertisement