Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Ezra - Irish Dates

Options
  • 20-07-2014 11:12pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

10532376_707526919312560_1184973882072682157_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah fantastic, another gig I want to go to thats on a Monday so I can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Academy? Isn't that a bit small for him, or is it a case of the Olympia being too big?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Will definitely be going to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

AdMMM wrote: »
    The Academy? Isn't that a bit small for him, or is it a case of the Olympia being too big?

he played the sugar club last which has a similar capacity to the academy I think? I was expecting him to play vicar street though. He's completely sold out his UK tour and one of the venues was even upgraded so you never know

Vicar Street is an Aiken controlled venue I believe, so he won't be playing there.

MCD operate the Academy, Olympia and the Sugar Club (and a host of other smaller and larger venues).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

a0ifee wrote: »
    he played the sugar club last which has a similar capacity to the academy I think? I was expecting him to play vicar street though. He's completely sold out his UK tour and one of the venues was even upgraded so you never know

The Academy is a good bit bigger then Sugar Club . Not sure what the capacity is for the Sugar Club but The Academy is 800 ish

The Academy is a good bit bigger then Sugar Club . Not sure what the capacity is for the Sugar Club but The Academy is 800 ish
    I'd be surprised if the main room in the Sugar Club can hold more than 200. In that case a step-up from 200 - 800 is the next step for George Ezra, but I do see these selling out super fast... and I'm just annoyed that I don't get paid until the next day haha

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if the main room in the Sugar Club can hold more than 200. In that case a step-up from 200 - 800 is the next step for George Ezra, but I do see these selling out super fast... and I'm just annoyed that I don't get paid until the next day haha

I would have thought it would be Whelans tbh before doing the Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Just picked up tickets for this there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Rae Morris has a lovely voice, she sings the backing vocals on Bombay Bicycle Club's 'Luna'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Looks to be sold out now. Got my tickets this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

viv2 wrote: »
    Looks to be sold out now. Got my tickets this morning. :)

Yep

https://twitter.com/george_ezra/status/491939745967378432

Glad I picked up tickets when I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

got my tickets in the pre sale yesterday, not surprised it sold out!!

Ah balls

This is why I was bitter about it not being in the Olympia - knew it would sell out and not getting paid until Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

Gig was good but as he only played for 65minutes he could have played all his own stuff and added the extra minutes playing others songs not complaining about them but bit of a shock to be finished at 9:50 incl encore

Advertisement