Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable changing bag.....

Options
  • 20-07-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone recommend a baby changing bag for me? I had a look in one of the baby shops while buggy shopping and they were all crazy money and non were particularly special! I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that's practical and reasonable and will fit neatly into buggy basket etc ...
    Thanks smile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

loads of choice on amazon ranging from under £10 to in the hundreds. I got my second one there for around €20 all in inc postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

deedee1234 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a baby changing bag for me? I had a look in one of the baby shops while buggy shopping and they were all crazy money and non were particularly special! I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that's practical and reasonable and will fit neatly into buggy basket etc ...
    Thanks smile

I don't use mine at all! I have a bugaboo one. (It is sooo heavy) I just put wipes, 2xnappies a Vaseline and a cheap thin fold up mat in a nappy bag and put into my handbag. When the baby goes to a childminder I am considering just buying a kids (mini) school bag.

Millem wrote: »
    I don't use mine at all! I have a bugaboo one. (It is sooo heavy) I just put wipes, 2xnappies a Vaseline and a cheap thin fold up mat in a nappy bag and put into my handbag. When the baby goes to a childminder I am considering just buying a kids (mini) school bag.

oh the bliss that would be! I have the skip hop duo and its just big enough for all our bits - min 10 nappies, vaselibe, sudocreme, metanium, gripe water, paracetamol, 2 change of clothes (one each), bibs, two muslins, wipes, nappy bags, bottles, extra formula powder, ready made milk, snacks, toys and then my own purse and few bits. its only when we go for a walk tgat I can bring the smaller bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I got a good one in Baby Elegance for around €20, it's got loads of compartments and pockets, and a changing mat.

I definitely need a separate bag - typically I'd bring 4-5 nappies, nappy bags, wipes, couple of spare soothers, bottles, emergency pre-made bottle/carton, several bibs, two changes of clothes (reflux baby!), Calpol, Teetha, toys ... I mightnt need all of those things all the time, but I couldn't be bothered putting them in and out of my handbag each time!

I have the skip hop duo and its just big enough for all our bits - min 10 nappies, vaselibe, sudocreme, metanium, gripe water, paracetamol, 2 change of clothes (one each), bibs, two muslins, wipes, nappy bags, bottles, extra formula powder, ready made milk, snacks, toys and then my own purse and few bits. its only when we go for a walk tgat I can bring the smaller bag!

I definitely need a separate bag - typically I'd bring 4-5 nappies, nappy bags, wipes, couple of spare soothers, bottles, emergency pre-made bottle/carton, several bibs, two changes of clothes (reflux baby!), Calpol, Teetha, toys ... I mightnt need all of those things all the time, but I couldn't be bothered putting them in and out of my handbag each time!

Gosh girls I am travelling very light!!!! Lol lol I always have a little toy however he prefers to hold my iphone lol lol!!
    OP I know there is a bag called a pacapod that is very popular but I think it's around €90/ €100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Hello lady wow. I always wonder hiw people with twins cope. Ive a 2 yr old (in nappies) and 16 week old and the bag i use can get fairly packed. But i tend to pack the bag (its a rucksack) with 3 nappies each , wipes, bottle , snacks, bibs for baba and muslin, plastic bib for 2 yr old, nappy bag, and teetha and teething rings also spare pre made bottle and sterile teeth. Then in the car i have a bag with extra nappies, a change of clothes, extra bibs , muslins. If going out for a long time i bring a lunch bag with snacks and bottles so i can put extra bits in rucksack. Ive now bought 2 baby bags and before second baba was born i was just using a mini kids school bag but find the ruck sack handiest as its not too bulky. I can pop it on my back . Has plenty of seperate sections too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I've started to use a beach bag over the summer! I was fed up of lugging a big changing bag around all the time which barely fits on the pram. Please don't spend a lot of money on it whatever you do. You'll end up using your own handbag or just another bag.

Suucee wrote: »
    Hello lady wow. I always wonder hiw people with twins cope. Ive a 2 yr old (in nappies) and 16 week old and the bag i use can get fairly packed. But i tend to pack the bag (its a rucksack) with 3 nappies each , wipes, bottle , snacks, bibs for baba and muslin, plastic bib for 2 yr old, nappy bag, and teetha and teething rings also spare pre made bottle and sterile teeth. Then in the car i have a bag with extra nappies, a change of clothes, extra bibs , muslins. If going out for a long time i bring a lunch bag with snacks and bottles so i can put extra bits in rucksack. Ive now bought 2 baby bags and before second baba was born i was just using a mini kids school bag but find the ruck sack handiest as its not too bulky. I can pop it on my back . Has plenty of seperate sections too

The skip hop duo is great - fits everything and not too bulky and clips onto the pram. I also have an 'emergency' bag in the car with the premade formula, a few nappies and changing bits, a baby grow and tge like. But I need my 'kit' when out for more than a walk. I much prefer knowing everything I might need is in there and I can just grab it and go - with two to get ready and out it's one less thing to worry about. it also means if someone else is looking after them I know anything they could possibly want is at their hand (but I do hate when they don't put things back in their place! ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I bought a lovely oilskin bag on Amazon for around €15, it's not strictly a changing bag but it has loads of compartments etc so it works fine :) For out and about with the buggy, I have a set of hamster bags which are like saddle bags that you stick on either side of the buggy. I have a spare change of clothes,nappies, wipes etc so I don't have to lug about the changing bag if I'm only going fir a walk or popping into town. They're a lifesaver and there's plenty of room left over for shopping. Also, they clip off easily and can be worn on the shoulder.

I've heard of people using bags from Penney's as changing bags and just putting pocket inserts into them. The price of changing bags in shops here is ridiculous for what you're getting :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 deedee1234

Thanks for the suggestions ya I think I want a cheaper one just a plain practical one I guess! Hard to know when buying off the Internet so that u all for the great suggestions and for telling me what to put in it!!! Feeling more prepared already! Thanks so much might pop into mothercare today and see what they have

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Jansport Trinity backpacks from Amazon, green for one and blue for the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I just use a big leather-coloured handbag i got in dunnes years ago.

This is my bag that I am using as my day handbag. It is a Ralph Lauren tote in nylon fabric which is so so handy for any spills! And super lighthttp://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/2515896763404040_1.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I got mine in Smyths... 29.99 I think it was, and it was great.. lots of compartments and a handy little changing mat inside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Try TKMaxx, they tend to have a selection at any one time. A friend of mine uses a cheap rucksack which also does the job nicely.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i got this at the baby fair last year, i love it, its the perfect size and has a few pockets.

http:/http://www.babymel.com/product.php?shopprodid=870&variantid=1819/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 deedee1234

John Mason wrote: »
    i got this at the baby fair last year, i love it, its the perfect size and has a few pockets.

Mmmm can't get this link to work........ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

deedee1234 wrote: »
    John Mason wrote: »

Mmmm can't get this link to work........ :(

nope me neither

Nor me!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

oh, here you go

300-Cara_beige-product.jpg

its Babymel

• Advertisement
Advertisement