Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i wanna change courses now, what do i do

Options
  • 21-07-2014 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭

Right so i go to DKIT studying music and audio production, i havent been very motivated so far and just completed my 1st year. I simply want to change course because im not happy in mine or in travelling to dundalk 5 days a week, i dont feel familiar with any of my classmates and moving up there isnt an option for me.

Is it too late for me to apply for another course right now seeing as ive missed the cao deadline date? Ive had enough of dundalk and simply wanna move on. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭rosedream

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Right so i go to DKIT studying music and audio production, i havent been very motivated so far and just completed my 1st year. I simply want to change course because im not happy in mine or in travelling to dundalk 5 days a week, i dont feel familiar with any of my classmates and moving up there isnt an option for me.

Is it too late for me to apply for another course right now seeing as ive missed the cao deadline date? Ive had enough of dundalk and simply wanna move on. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Have you thought about applying for direct entry into a different IT, maybe closer to home? That what I did, but only thing is I applied months ago and only hearing back from colleges now, so maybe you could chance sending in a late application to see if they will consider it?

Just wondering because you mentioned how you had enough of Dundalk, so I was thinking if it was more the town and classmates itself, rather than the course? Because that what happened to me, could not fit in with classmates and found Dundalk to be depressing for some reason and wondered if I just moved too far from home, too soon (live about 4 hours from the South).

if you do want to change the actual course itself, i'd imagine you could to the Available Vacancies application on the CAO, I just don't know too much about it though.

Hoped that helped anyway.

Advertisement