Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAVID BROWN 1490 HYDRA SHIFT PROBLEMS

Options
  • 21-07-2014 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi

I bought a David brown 1490 last year ... and tractor has been going great . The tractor has a normal gear leaver (first , second , third and reverse ) then it has the hydra shift lever on the floor, which is like low , medium and high.

However ,a few days ago. . I was drawing a load of bales , and it was like the clutch started slipping when in high third , as I was going up a hill.

I changed it down to first gear ( using the main gear leaver ) and it pulled away grand again, with the hydra shift working away grand again as normal.

This keeps on happening since.

It comes and goes, even if only doing light work. . Can work fine for a while. .. then start acting up again for no reason.

This problem came on really fast .. as I have been using this tractor all summer without any problem

Any idea what this might be

Could it be a dirty filter or something in the hydra shift. .

Hope its not too serious.

I would really appreciate some information. If anyone has the manuals for the 1490, or the hydra shift - I would be very grateful if you can PM me.

thanks

Jo

Comments

Advertisement