Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

N7/ Newlands X

• 21-07-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭

I was on my way into work this morning and was surprised to see that traffic was backed up to citywest, bit odd in July. They've moved the lanes around at newlands cross. Be careful if filtering or using the bus lane, in just 1 mile of traffic I had several close ones with lots of cars lane hopping, seems that no one knew which lane was which (including myself).

Here are the details of the new layout and there's a thread about the construction already on boards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fingers!

The signage is terrible and wrong.
    The big sign overhanging the road before city west says "USE ANY LANE FOR M50", but you can never get to the M50 from Lane 3. Then there are signs telling drivers that lane 3 can be used for the city centre but again, you have to turn right at Newlands if you stay in lane 3.

There are going to be accidents city side of Newlands as the lanes merge back together too. Someone will head up there from the lights unaware that there is a flow of traffic coming up on their left from the other side of the works.

The sign says "City Centre/M50 USE ALL LANES AT NEWLANDS X". 3rd Lane will leave you turning right. Tried to post some pics of the signs and confused motorists but I'm too n00b and not allowed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Always worth taking her handy at junctions like this, even when they're finished for the first couple of weeks. People need a bit of time to get used to them, or idiots that don't look at the signs.
    Like me! Coming southbound towards the N3 junction, I was heading towards Blanchardstown Centre, so N3 Navan. Assumed it would be stick to the left. Almost at the junction and I noticed Navan/Cavan was the right lane!

zubair wrote: »
    Be careful if filtering or using the bus lane, in just 1 mile of traffic I had several close ones with lots of cars lane hopping,

It appears from listening to LiveDrive that the bus lane has been suspended. Road markings are being removed tonight.

From their Blog:
    The bus lane has been suspended, so people can use the bus lane. However the road markings are still in place which causing some confusion. These markings will be removed tonight.

Looked like the traffic corp were stopping cars driving on the bus lane this morning. Was anyone on a bike stopped or booked?

http:// 1drv.ms/1oA1WcI
    (remove space to see image)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fingers! wrote: »
    Looked like the traffic corp were stopping cars driving on the bus lane this morning. Was anyone on a bike stopped or booked?

I've never heard of a bike being stopped for driving in a bus lane. I've driven by loads of them in the bus lane and never stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've never heard of a bike being stopped for driving in a bus lane. I've driven by loads of them in the bus lane and never stopped.

Same. I've passed and been passed by the guards while driving in the bus lane and not been stopped. I think it's a case of turning a blind eye though as far as the law is concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cienciano wrote: »

Really does depend how you are driving? If you are giving it socks you will be pulled quicker then a Fireman in copper face jacks!

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Fingers! wrote: »

Few days ago they were checking between the M50 exit and the Long Mile Road/Naas Road roundabout.

One police car, one police motorcycle.

The one on the road waved some and I think that's for me.
    Stop by the bike cop, the guy approach me and ask me if I'm alright.
    I say fine and he sent me on my merry way.

I was well below the speed limit (speed adapted to the driving condition) and not playing lunatic.

Advertisement