Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosatto Giggle oaker

Options
  • 21-07-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Saw this travel system for a really good price yesterday (549 including car seat) and totally fell in love with it. Love the design and it feels really sturdy and well built. Almost put down a deposit but I want to wait till after my anomaly scan in 3 weeks and I also wanted to read reviews. My heart totally broke with reviews- lots of stuff about the syrem being dangerous- the front wheel falling off and the system spontaneously collapsing with the baby in it. No shock that it put me off completely! Looking into it tho it seems to be an issue with the 2012/ 2013 models where the oaker (yellow) is new to 2014. Haven't seen and complaints on it. Just wondering if anyone has/ knows anyone who has one of these and how you have found them? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Can't really help with regard to that specific model but I do know a few people who bought cosatto buggys/travel systems and had nothing but bother with them. One friend said it was like buying a pair of shoes from penneys- they might look funky and stylish but they'll burn the feet of ya and fall apart after a few wears :pac: They look lovely but the overall quality doesn't seem to be great.

Having said that, if you look up reviews for any travel system, you'll always find bad ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Can't really help with regard to that specific model but I do know a few people who bought cosatto buggys/travel systems and had nothing but bother with them. One friend said it was like buying a pair of shoes from penneys- they might look funky and stylish but they'll burn the feet of ya and fall apart after a few wears :pac: They look lovely but the overall quality doesn't seem to be great.

Having said that, if you look up reviews for any travel system, you'll always find bad ones.

How did "which" award it a best buy??? I too have read crazy crazy things about that travel system online. They have been reduced heavily (I think due to bad press!) http://www.online4baby.com/cosatto-giggle-3-in-1-deluxe-pushchair-pablo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Just found this online. Is it the same model? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/43T2d17BKCGgSZK2qFKRR8S/cosatto-prams-collapse-suddenly-with-babies-inside

I find it VERY suspicious that Which awarded it a best buy.....

Just found this online. Is it the same model? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/43T2d17BKCGgSZK2qFKRR8S/cosatto-prams-collapse-suddenly-with-babies-inside

I find it VERY suspicious that Which awarded it a best buy.....

Yes that's the same one! It's called the giggle and then depending on the colour it has another name! Eg the yellow one is called the giggle oaker, the multicoloured is giggle Pablo and giggle Pixelate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks girls for the feedback.

Really torn on this- have gone to 3 different shops now and they have reassured me that the issue was with the 2012/ early 2013 models and has been redesigned for the late 2013/ 2014 models. The yellow one is new to 2014.

In fairness I haven't read any complaints about the 2014 range which is why I wanted to get feedback from anyone who might have one.

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Op I feel like a graco rep cos I keep going on about their travel systems but they're class, great reviews and cheaper than cossato. Much better quality too. Just sturdier like. Check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

kandr10 wrote: »
    Op I feel like a graco rep cos I keep going on about their travel systems but they're class, great reviews and cheaper than cossato. Much better quality too. Just sturdier like. Check them out!

Thanks- I did look at a graco one but it didn't have an adjustable handle and is a bit low for me and deffo for my husband to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thumpette wrote: »
    Thanks- I did look at a graco one but it didn't have an adjustable handle and is a bit low for me and deffo for my husband to use.

Haha see I'm only 4'10'' ! They do have a good few though surely at least one would be adjustable?

Thumpette wrote: »

I have a bugaboo cameleon, it is pricey though. Tbh I don't think you can beat the baby elegance beep twist amazing value for money!

Advertisement