Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st olympic tri....is blacksod realistic option?

Options
  • 21-07-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking to do an olympic tri this year.

Due to Sligo being cancelled and not in a position to travel too far i am looking at doing the blacksod challenge..

It is september which would give me a bit of time to train.

i am mostly concerned about the swim tho...what are the usual swim conditions like up that neck of the country?

If anyone has experience of doing this tri what were the swim conditions like
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I did my first olympic out there, a great race but the swim can be rough, you need to be confident in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Did my first olympic up there and was grand. Last out of the swim but wasn't too hard even though I couldn't swim properly back then. Some guy from a local paper came running over as I was trying to get my wetsuit off asking for my name and where I was from, gave him the name of one of my mates from Mayo to let him have the glory of been named as the last person out of the water for the swim ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Briando wrote: »
    Did my first olympic up there and was grand. Last out of the swim but wasn't too hard even though I couldn't swim properly back then. Some guy from a local paper came running over as I was trying to get my wetsuit off asking for my name and where I was from, gave him the name of one of my mates from Mayo to let him have the glory of been named as the last person out of the water for the swim ;)

thats what i want to hear!!

mental note: register under fake name!

Advertisement