Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a new Company - Adding Directors

Options
  • 21-07-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question if you would be so kind.

I'm looking to start up a business that needs (for financial reasons) to co-exist with my day job until such times as it is viable to provide my main income.

I would prefer that this company is set up with me as a director but as it is to run parallel with my day job, I don't want to be visible as an owner / director of that company.

I'm pretty convinced this is possible but would appreciate your replies.

Thanks

FBP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

You'll need a min of 2 directors for limited company. And that info is publicly accessible.
    So get 2 people you trust to be the directors. They have responsibilities, so make sure they're aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

If you are a "shadow director" then your name must also be disclosed on the company's annual return.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

You'll need a min of 2 directors for limited company. And that info is publicly accessible.
    So get 2 people you trust to be the directors. They have responsibilities, so make sure they're aware.

thanks for your reply.

FBP.

Advertisement