Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I think Failsafe is the headset expert around here but I'd go for the turtle beach xo one for €49.99 over anything mad catz makes: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-751/xbox-one/p-10250/turtle-beach-xo-one-stereo-gaming-headset-for-xbox-one/

These also come with a stereo adapter, turtle beaches own version, not sure but I think it has mic monitoring.

I had the XOOne and they are quite good. Found them very light but could get a little uncomfortable after wearing for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I had the XOOne and they are quite good. Found them very light but could get a little uncomfortable after wearing for a while.

Yeah, those are 80eu, I wonder if they worth it.

One thing that I am worried about Tritton is the shape and they are quite small. So they will be sitting on the ear. I presume XOgo fully over the ear?

Those are 50eu as well actually in smyths.

Yeah, those are 80eu, I wonder if they worth it.

One thing that I am worried about Tritton is the shape and they are quite small. So they will be sitting on the ear. I presume XOgo fully over the ear?

The XO One are not worth €80 to be honest. I got mine on Amazon lighting deals for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The XO One are not worth €80 to be honest. I got mine on Amazon lighting deals for €25.

Did yours come with the turtle beach adapter at the time Emmet?

Did yours come with the turtle beach adapter at the time Emmet?

Yea they did.

Maybe the XO4 would be a better shout

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=XO+4&authToken=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Guys, anyone got experience with these? Are they decent for the price? I think they come with adapter too. So its prety much headset for 25eu

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3396436/Trail/searchtext%3EHEADSET.htm

I dont know anyone that has that pair, I wouldn't like any of the MadCatz products. I think most people here would start at about €60 up to €80 for a decent turtle beach headset.

Maybe these.

image153.jpg

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/star-wars-official-headsets/star-warstm-x-wing-pilot-gaming-headset/802

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4556017/Trail/searchtext%3ETURTLE+BEACH.htm

Sweet, good bargain for 25!

I picked up the Sentinel Task Force ones with adapter for about €50 on Amazon a few months ago too. Traded them to my friend for his Ear Force X4 which I love :D

I had the Turtle Beach Titanfall headset too, which is just a reskinned XO Four as far as I know, but found it very tight on my fat head :pac: so got rid of it.

Yeah, sow these too.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-751/xbox-one/p-2463/turtle-beach-ear-force-xo-four-stealth/

Is 99eu would be worth it?

I sow these too. Now before people throw in the fit: I own ps4 and pc. Looks like these bad boys work with adapter for xbox one. I know it wont be 7.1 etc and its only virtual. But for 84eu+25eu I could get a very very decent headset for all my gaming.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/playstation-4/c-750/ps4-accessories/p-15447/sony-playstation-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0-white/

So what do you reckon. XO, XO4 or Sony.

I dont know anyone that has that pair, I wouldn't like any of the MadCatz products. I think most people here would start at about €60 up to €80 for a decent turtle beach headset.

Maybe these.

image153.jpg

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/star-wars-official-headsets/star-warstm-x-wing-pilot-gaming-headset/802

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4556017/Trail/searchtext%3ETURTLE+BEACH.htm

Link does not work m8

Yeah, sow these too.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-751/xbox-one/p-2463/turtle-beach-ear-force-xo-four-stealth/

Is 99eu would be worth it?

I sow these too. Now before people throw in the fit: I own ps4 and pc. Looks like these bad boys work with adapter for xbox one. I know it wont be 7.1 etc and its only virtual. But for 84eu+25eu I could get a very very decent headset for all my gaming.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/playstation-4/c-750/ps4-accessories/p-15447/sony-playstation-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0-white/

So what do you reckon. XO, XO4 or Sony.

If you want something to work on all of them buy something with a 3.5mm connection. If you've the new Xbox controller just buy a 2.5 to 3.5 converter.

Pay a bit more for one that will work with all and don't buy separate headsets.

What about Astros for a bit more. You can always buy the mix Amp separate later on.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4398488/Trail/searchtext>ASTRO.htm

• Advertisement

Yeah there seems to be a problem with the Argos URLS today :confused:

If you want something to work on all of them buy something with a 3.5mm connection. If you've the new Xbox controller just buy a 2.5 to 3.5 converter.

Pay a bit more for one that will work with all and don't buy separate headsets.

What about Astros for a bit more. You can always buy the mix Amp separate later on.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4398488/Trail/searchtext>ASTRO.htm

Astros are just way out of my budget. Even going 100eu is more then I wanted to go with. Though Idea of getting 1 headset for all platforms is tempting. Unless there are very good reasons for XO4.

Or for now I might just get XO for 50eu. As it looks like a good deal. The worse case scenario I could sell them on to my house mates and buy other ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah there seems to be a problem with the Argos URLS today :confused:

Amateur stuff from Argos really, it'll cause problems everywhere, problems all over their website today.

Replace ">" with "%3E" and it'll work again.

My room mate back stabbed me.
    He went to cork get his xbox and I told him I will call him when I check what's on offer in argos and Smyths etc. So decided on headset and called him, no answer, texted and called him a few times. Nothing.
    Then later on he texts me that he is already on a train back home.

Fuuuuu!

I am off tomorrow so I will check what's locally available from gamestop and xtravision. I think I sow on gamestop website ps4 ones for 75eu and xo ones for 60eu. Might pick up one or another.

My room mate back stabbed me.
    He went to cork get his xbox and I told him I will call him when I check what's on offer in argos and Smyths etc. So decided on headset and called him, no answer, texted and called him a few times. Nothing.
    Then later on he texts me that he is already on a train back home.

Fuuuuu!

I am off tomorrow so I will check what's locally available from gamestop and xtravision. I think I sow on gamestop website ps4 ones for 75eu and xo ones for 60eu. Might pick up one or another.

Have a look on Adverts as well. You might be able to pick up something decent.

Have a look on Adverts as well. You might be able to pick up something decent.

Oh god no, I am not iffy person about second hand stuff, when I was poor young fella in Lithuania the only cloths I had non second hand were underpants. But head phones would be one thing I would not buy second hand. Just sorry, I can't lol.

Oh god no, I am not iffy person about second hand stuff, when I was poor young fella in Lithuania the only cloths I had non second hand were underpants. But head phones would be one thing I would not buy second hand. Just sorry, I can't lol.

I meant look for New Unopened ones. You'd usually spot a few and they would be €20 or that less than in a shop.

I wouldn't buy/use second hand headphones myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Guys, anyone got experience with these? Are they decent for the price? I think they come with adapter too. So its prety much headset for 25eu

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3396436/Trail/searchtext%3EHEADSET.htm

I had a pair of these shortly after they came out, initially I thought they were fairly decent but I abandoned them pretty quickly- not very comfortable, cups are on ear as opposed to over ear and the cable was quite short. I wouldn't recommend them to be totally honest- I know there was a Tritton Kunai Xbox One version that was supposed to be leaps better but I never saw it for sale anywhere.

Just an update lads. Went locally to gamestop and picked up Xo Ones for 59.99eu. 10eu extra then smyths, but I would spend more with petrol included.

Will hook them up later. Thanks again everyone for giving a hand with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Anyone know of totally wireless set for the one? I've seen some advertised but it looks like you need to connect to the controller for in game chat.

Thinking I might give myself a nice Xmas present as the missus is getting me the elite controller :)

• Advertisement

Anyone know of totally wireless set for the one? I've seen some advertised but it looks like you need to connect to the controller for in game chat.

Thinking I might give myself a nice Xmas present as the missus is getting me the elite controller :)

TurtleBeach Stealth 500x. I have them and you only need a cable to charge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Hi all,

I need to get a headset/microphone for my son for Christmas. The one that came with the Xbox One broke some time ago. I know very little about what to look for!

Can anyone recommend a "sturdy" set either online or in-store? Would I get a decent set for about €75 (I have other items to get too!)?

It needn't be wireless.

Many thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I got Turtle beach XO Four for about 60 in PC World around January time.
    They have been great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I need to get a headset/microphone for my son for Christmas. The one that came with the Xbox One broke some time ago. I know very little about what to look for!

Can anyone recommend a "sturdy" set either online or in-store? Would I get a decent set for about €75 (I have other items to get too!)?

It needn't be wireless.

Many thanks!!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2889298/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+ONE+HEADSET.htm

I dont know if they've just been discounted, but that price is the cheapest I've seen them and well under your budget.

Xo ones are fantastic. I just got tjem myself few days ago with recommendations from lads here.

The only thing that would stop me recommending for you specifically: sturdiness.

They are sturdy enough for responsible adult, but I really doubt they will survive a child.
    Xo fours look a lot more sturdy, but they go for around 100eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Hi all,

It needn't be wireless.

Many thanks!!

Xo1 are the best budget headset you will buy, they are sturdy enough unlike the original xbox set. The stereo sound is excellent, and the mike monotoring is good.
    The only downside to them is they fit quite snugly meaning the ears get quite warm after a while, but that's a very minor issue.
    The other problem you may face is, he may like them so much that he will want to upgrade to the "stealth 500" next Christmas :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

ShaunC wrote: »
    Xo1 are the best budget headset you will buy, they are sturdy enough unlike the original xbox set. The stereo sound is excellent, and the mike monotoring is good.
    The only downside to them is they fit quite snugly meaning the ears get quite warm after a while, but that's a very minor issue.
    The other problem you may face is, he may like them so much that he will want to upgrade to the "stealth 500" next Christmas :rolleyes:

He can wait until next Christmas for that one!!

Picking up the XO1 in Argos this evening - very few pairs left and happy with price. Next on the list is CoD Black Ops so will wait to see if there are any deals on that before Christmas.

Many thanks for all replies!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

TurtleBeach Stealth 500x. I have them and you only need a cable to charge them.

Looks good what is the 7.1 surround sound like? Going to break my heart paying 400 euro for this and the elite controller especially when the console is cheaper than that now with games. But damn it would be a sweet setup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The one issue with the 500X is the build quality isn't great. Its very like the turtle beach X12s accept with 7.1 surround sound and wireless.

For instance the XO7 Sevens have great build quality with great sound isolation however they have stereo sound quality and have to be wired into the controller.

I wouldn't be surprised if an updated 500X appears with a better build quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Hi,

I'm new to XBox, and haven't opened my son's Christmas present (Xbox One 1TB). From what I understand, the console comes with a chat headset, and game audio plays through the TV speakers.
    What do I need to buy for him to enjoy game audio in headphones/headset, and what would be my cheapest option?

I'm not stingy, but he breaks a pair of headphones every 30-60 days, so I can't buy him expensive stuff. Right now, I got him these simple over-the-year headphones in Harvey Norman for €10, but there's no microphone.

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement