Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is it possible to use a Xbox 360 Bluetooth headset with the xb1?

I don't believe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

IIRC, Turtle Beach Ear Force XO1 were recommended a couple of weeks ago, when they were €50. Going to grab a bargain at €35.99 then...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

JoyPad wrote: »
    IIRC, Turtle Beach Ear Force XO1 were recommended a couple of weeks ago, when they were €50. Going to grab a bargain at €35.99 then...
    Better reserve that online quickly before they are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Has anyone used Tryton head phones?

Saw this deal....tempting!

https://m.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-ipods-and-parts-6

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

frag420 wrote: »
    Has anyone used Tryton head phones?

Saw this deal....tempting!

https://m.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-ipods-and-parts-6

The TurtleBeach XO Ones are a much better buy. I think someone posted a link to them yesterday for €35 from Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The TurtleBeach XO Ones are a much better buy. I think someone posted a link to them yesterday for €35 from Argos.

Cheers. Saw them on sake here in London too for £29 for black Friday weekend. Think il just go with them then, seems to be the general consensus that they are the best!

Thanks

frag420 wrote: »
    Cheers. Saw them on sake here in London too for £29 for black Friday weekend. Think il just go with them then, seems to be the general consensus that they are the best!

Thanks

If you have more to spend I saw the lads mention the Astro A40 are €110/120 in Argos as well.

That's probably like 49p in London with the exchange rate :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Grabbed the XO One's there, couldn't say no for that price and my X12's are literally falling apart at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Grabbed the XO Ones also and just had a few questions:

1. I had new batteries in the controller and they seemed to drain very quickly, do people here just use the rechargeable ones?

2. Can't seem to get the balance right with the chat/in-game levels, any tips on how to find a medium?! Suppose I can just mess around with it a bit more...

3. Whenever I turn on my console no sound comes through the headphones, I always have to plug out the adapter and plug it back in to get sound. Is this a known issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

Was wondering is there any headsets out there for xbox one that are really good value for money like under 25 euro

Was looking on amazon but they all seem to be only compatible with pc
    I have the new 3.5mm input controller so...any ideas ...amazon?

• Advertisement

Will mormal little ear buds with a microphone work for xbox one

Should do if the controller has the 3.5mm jack on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

youd be hard pressed to find a really good headset for under 25 euro.

since you have the 3.5mm controller pretty much any headset with one 3.5mm jack for both sound and audio should work.

argos have a entry level turtle beach headset for €32.99 at the moment.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4506696/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|cat_19780877|Headsets|28081695.htm

(note that this doesn't include the chat adapter so will only work with the new 3.5mm controllers you will need to purchase the adapter if you have the older controller)

I have these "http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2889298/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/Trail/searchtext>HEADSET.htm"

Makes me want to cry when I see the price of them now vs what I paid, they are an older model, actually likely the 1st ones for one. The newer stealth ones boast mic monitoring which these don't have but if you use them without the adaptor through the 3.5mm input on the pad you can get mic monitoring through the xbox itself!!!!!

I find them very comfortable and very good sound quality and very well built, by no means do they feel cheap. I'm not an audiophile so would not be one for spending massive money on a headset so to my ears they are certainly worth the 49..99 price.

I have these "http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2889298/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/Trail/searchtext>HEADSET.htm"

Makes me want to cry when I see the price of them now vs what I paid, they are an older model, actually likely the 1st ones for one. The newer stealth ones boast mic monitoring which these don't have but if you use them without the adaptor through the 3.5mm input on the pad you can get mic monitoring through the xbox itself!!!!!

I find them very comfortable and very good sound quality and very well built, by no means do they feel cheap. I'm not an audiophile so would not be one for spending massive money on a headset so to my ears they are certainly worth the 49..99 price.

I appreciate itCould you please give me a direct link as i cant use that one
    And how much are they

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I appreciate itCould you please give me a direct link as i cant use that one
    And how much are they

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2889298/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/Trail/searchtext>HEADSET.htm
    they are certainly worth the 49..99 price.

Could you send me a link to a list of all xbox ones mics on argos can never look them up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE:

Combined a few headset threads into the main thread.

CIAB

Could you send me a link to a list of all xbox ones mics on argos can never look them up?

Go to Argos.ie and search Xbox One Headset

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Todays offer on Amazon Turtle Beach Ear Force Titanfall Atlas (Xbox One/360/PC DVD) Normal Price £72.85 Amazon Deal £18
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HRKE1SI?ref_=gbps_img_s-3_3127_c4b57cc5&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Todays offer on Amazon Turtle Beach Ear Force Titanfall Atlas (Xbox One/360/PC DVD) Normal Price £72.85 Amazon Deal £18
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HRKE1SI?ref_=gbps_img_s-3_3127_c4b57cc5&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

anytime I see these lightning deals it reminds me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 22 RedNeonTiger

Hi Guys,

I was planing on getting a new headset and Im torn between the XO One and the Seven Pro and I was hoping to get some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

I was planing on getting a new headset and Im torn between the XO One and the Seven Pro and I was hoping to get some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Different headsets to be honest. The XO One is an entry level model and the XO Seven was a top of the line model released at launch of the Xbox One.

The XO One was available for around €25 before Christmas in Argos I think.

Turtle Beach are having a sale. I can get the XO One for €60 and I can get the XO Seven Pro's for €100. I'm wondering if there is a big enough benefit to me spending the extra €40?

Turtle Beach are having a sale. I can get the XO One for €60 and I can get the XO Seven Pro's for €100. I'm wondering if there is a big enough benefit to me spending the extra €40?

A lot of the Xbox guys on boards have the XO Ones and they are a very good entry level headset.

I had them myself and they were quite good but I found them a little uncomfortable if I wore them for an extended period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!

Don't know about the seven pro's , have a pair of the xo one's and find them great. It takes a good 5 / 6 hour session before they start to feel uncomfortable.
    My first non standard headset purchase, and couldn't live without them now.

Not familiar with those specific ones, I got one of the older XO fours when they came out and what made me go with those as the cheaper option was the had the exact same driver as more expensive models so same sound more or less. Also some of the newer ones will boast mic monitoring which the older ones won't do but this is now handled by the xbox itself if you have the headset connected via 3.5mm adaptor.

Actually a had quick look at the XO One there and looks pretty much identical to the older XO four I have so would expect them to sound very nice indeed for a sub €50 headset. I will say this though having the adaptor vs plugging the head set straight into the pad through the 3.5mm jack is a big + , setting levels and adjusting volume levels is much better when you have an adaptor with buttons vs doing it from the console interface.

The Seven also seems to have faux leather around the cups which I hate !!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!

Decent review on the XO7 Pro here

I ordered the XO Seven Pro's. I hope they live up to the reviews! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I ordered the XO Seven Pro's. I hope they live up to the reviews! :)

Same audio quality as the XO4. Memory foam on the ear cups gives more comfort and better sound isolation. Nice braided cable to hook into the adapter.

A decent headset.

Advertisement