Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Is this an issue, or is this normal?

A headset connected straight into the controller is kinda quiet, even on its highest volume setting.
    When using the chat adapter or the chatpad, the volume can be turned up with the included controls.

This seems to be true for both our controllers and the three headsets we have in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

JoyPad wrote:
    A headset connected straight into the controller is kinda quiet, even on its highest volume setting. When using the chat adapter or the chatpad, the volume can be turned up with the included controls.

You can turn up the volume in the settings on the xbox not sure where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Does anyone know if there's much difference between the Ear Force XO Seven Pro Headset and the XO four stealth? Only 20 in the difference price wise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Same audio quality as the XO4. Memory foam on the ear cups gives more comfort and better sound isolation. Nice braided cable to hook into the adapter.

A decent headset.
    FixitFelix wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's much difference between the Ear Force XO Seven Pro Headset and the XO four stealth? Only 20 in the difference price wise

the answer is oh so close.

Same audio quality as the XO4. Memory foam on the ear cups gives more comfort and better sound isolation. Nice braided cable to hook into the adapter.

A decent headset.

the answer is oh so close.
    Cheers lol

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    You can turn up the volume in the settings on the xbox not sure where it is

Many thanks for this, sir. I never thought to look for one, and this sorts out my issue.

After hooking up the headset, the volume controls are added to the settings tab on the left navigation. They're only there after you attach the headset to the controller, and it looks as if the setting sticks between sessions. I only needed to turn it up once, and it was so next time I played. Bloody marvellous!

XO Seven Pro's just ordered

These arrived today time to see what all the fuss is about:-)
    jAbSVMh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jAbSVMh.jpg

Look like a nice set but after going 100% wireless with the Stealth 500x I couldn't go back to wired even if the battery does run out fairly quick !!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

With the "new" xbox one controller, i.e. the version with a dedicated 3.5mm jack, will a standard set of headphones with an inline mic work for chat?

I have a pair of Sennheiser Urbanites and was trying to use them yesterday evening, and while I could hear my friend he couldn't hear me. The settings menu was giving me options to turn the mic on or off so it looked like it could detect the inline mic at least. I miss an option in the menus somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Look like a nice set but after going 100% wireless with the Stealth 500x I couldn't go back to wired even if the battery does run out fairly quick !!

The battery in mine is still great. Although there has been the odd time I've forgot to charge them up. Keep an eye in lidl and aldi for those little 2400mAH power banks they do, cost about a tenner and are about the size of a lighter so handy enough to slip in your pocket and will keep the headset running (and charging) while you're playing.

The battery in mine is still great. Although there has been the odd time I've forgot to charge them up. Keep an eye in lidl and aldi for those little 2400mAH power banks they do, cost about a tenner and are about the size of a lighter so handy enough to slip in your pocket and will keep the headset running (and charging) while you're playing.

Oh the battery isnt a problem I usually just forget to charge them so it seems like they waste quickly :D

My beanbag is right beside a socket so I use a phone charger to charge them if they do run out.

Faker74 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

With the "new" xbox one controller, i.e. the version with a dedicated 3.5mm jack, will a standard set of headphones with an inline mic work for chat?

I have a pair of Sennheiser Urbanites and was trying to use them yesterday evening, and while I could hear my friend he couldn't hear me. The settings menu was giving me options to turn the mic on or off so it looked like it could detect the inline mic at least. I miss an option in the menus somewhere?

I can confirm that the new controller can take "regular" headsets. I've initially used the one that came with my Samsung phone, then later bought a cheap gaming headset from Currys, because I can't stand the in-ear thingies.

My son once complained about not being heard by his friend(s). He is using a Turtle Beach headset, so this issue is not necessarily related to the controller or headset, but rather something else. I'm not sure how he fixed the issue, but he did that on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fad460

Hi,

I have ordered the same! Can't wait literally! Can you please tell me how exactly is the sound and everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The Razer Kraken are coming to Xbox ONE. 7.1 virtual surround sound for a very reasonable €99.99 straight from Razer's website. On sale from the 12th December...

http://www.razerzone.com/eu-en/store/razer-kraken-xbox-one

Anybody here have these? There is a one day "50% off" sale on Razer website on 15 January.

Price is currently 120 euros, so 60ish with free postage sounds OK to me.

I have the Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro and Stealth 500x in my Amazon cart waiting on me to impulse buy otherwise.

druss wrote: »
    Anybody here have these? There is a one day "50% off" sale on Razer website on 15 January.

I have the Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro and Stealth 500x in my Amazon cart waiting on me to impulse buy otherwise.

Did you get a code ?

Did you get a code ?

Yes. Straightforward enough. I had a Razer account, so I just needed to link a Facebook or Twitter account to that.

Yes. Straightforward enough. I had a Razer account, so I just needed to link a Facebook or Twitter account to that.

Thanks for that. Will set one up later. Might pick up one of the activity trackers.

Thanks for that. Will set one up later. Might pick up one of the activity trackers.

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that they ran out of stock quite quickly on previous such sales (whether deliberately so or not). I won't get my hopes up, but no harm to have a code ready to go anyway.

Presume you've seen also that the code only applies to one item.

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that they ran out of stock quite quickly on previous such sales (whether deliberately so or not). I won't get my hopes up, but no harm to have a code ready to go anyway.

Presume you've seen also that the code only applies to one item.

Yup had spotted that alright. Thanks again.

• Advertisement

That worked fine anyway. I can confirm that Razer Kraken for Xbox one is 59.99 with the code and also qualified for free post and packaging. Review concensus seems to be not quite as good as the XO Seven Pro, but sure we'll see (or hear!). Fingers crossed.

Just not lucky, I guess...

No stock available for any of the €119.99 headsets (Kraken for XBox One, Tiamat 2.2, Kraken 7.1 Chroma).
    The only one in stock is the World of Tanks Kraken Pro, but they want to charge €32.48 for shipping! Are they sending someone to my door with the damn thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

JoyPad wrote: »
    Are they sending someone to my door with the damn thing?

That's generally how stuff gets delivered :pac:

JoyPad wrote: »
    Just not lucky, I guess...

No stock available for any of the €119.99 headsets (Kraken for XBox One, Tiamat 2.2, Kraken 7.1 Chroma).
    The only one in stock is the World of Tanks Kraken Pro, but they want to charge €32.48 for shipping! Are they sending someone to my door with the damn thing?

Is that compatible with Xbox? Didn't even look at it!

The price on that presumably drops to under €59 and shipping charges kick in. How about adding a glamorous €8 coffee mug (I know, extortion!), to see if that gets you free postage?

Razer are getting some criticism again for the speed at which nothing is available and whether or not this is deliberate. All I can say is I was waiting for the shutters to open this morning.

I gave the code to a friend in NYC and he placed an order for the Tiamat 2.2 headset for $49 (down from $99). Free shipping, but I will have to wait for someone to travel between offices to get them.

This headset comes with a pair of 3.5mm jacks, and I have an adaptor to convert those into a 4-pole compatible with the XB1.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So I had to return my a50s due to a recurring fault where they kept freezing. Definitely couldn't recommend these and I found Astro support to be not that helpful. :(

Looking at the turtle beach options now, comparing the 800x to the 500x.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

awec wrote: »
    So I had to return my a50s due to a recurring fault where they kept freezing. Definitely couldn't recommend these and I found Astro support to be not that helpful. :(

The 800x is very comfortable with a tonne of sound options and a charger that the headset sits into. It is very handy when you can finish a session and sit them onto the charger.

Its one flaw is its in built mic. Its not great. It will do the job but it will not be as good as the mic on the 500X.

The 800x sound quality is fantastic. I was going to return them due to the mic not being the best but I just like them too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The 800x is very comfortable with a tonne of sound options and a charger that the headset sits into. It is very handy when you can finish a session and sit them onto the charger.

Its one flaw is its in built mic. Its not great. It will do the job but it will not be as good as the mic on the 500X.

The 800x sound quality is fantastic. I was going to return them due to the mic not being the best but I just like them too much.

as a matter of interest - how do you judge the mic quality? any time we've been in a party you sound crystal clear to me? do you just make a skype call to the test service or soemthing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

awec wrote: »

For what it's worth I got the 420x recently and I can't fault them. Could be a cheaper option than the above two?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The mic is the only thing that is making me not certain of buying them. The 500x look really good too, though I like the idea of the noise cancelling and the bluetooth on the 800x.

Just how bad is it?

Is there much difference sound quality wise between the 500 and the 800?

Advertisement