Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So, daughter going crazy...
    Cannot get the px24 to work on her xbox one.
    Bought the chat adapter from Microsoft no joy.
    Anyone any ideas? I've been on you tube and Google.
    Head is wrecked, any ideas much appreciated

Check the simple things first and let's see if we can get you game sound first.

Connect the Controller to the Xbox with the charging cable and go to Settings and Peripherals and click Controller and Update.

Once that updates go to settings and Audio and select the correct Option that they say in the set up guide.

Hook up the Headset to the Control Box and the Control Box to the Controller

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/astro-goes-fully-wireless-xbox-one-new-version-a50/

Astro Gaming has finally announced a fully wireless solution for Xbox One console owners with their newest version of the A50. While the A50 has worked wirelessly on the PlayStation 4 and PC since, well, since they were released — this new version of the popular and pricey headset will finally do the trick on Xbox One. The A50 is set to retail at $300 and will be available directly through Astro and at retailers later this summer.

Microsoft’s proprietary chat technology is the big hurdle that Astro has had to clear in recent years, but those who’ve stuck with the brand should be happy to know that the headset will support a fully wireless audio and chat capability, a fresh look, and a new charging station/transmitter.

The new A50s also support mods to the headphones, which include noise-isolationing leather ear cushions and more padding on the headband.

astro-a50-new-wireless.jpg?fb38c8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Thanks, tried all that already still no joy. Works with everything but xbox 😣
    Have you adjusted the audio in the Xbox settings. All stereo headsets that connect to the controller are controlled from the Xbox settings, (e.g) Volume.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/astro-goes-fully-wireless-xbox-one-new-version-a50/

Astro Gaming has finally announced a fully wireless solution for Xbox One console owners with their newest version of the A50. While the A50 has worked wirelessly on the PlayStation 4 and PC since, well, since they were released — this new version of the popular and pricey headset will finally do the trick on Xbox One. The A50 is set to retail at $300 and will be available directly through Astro and at retailers later this summer.

Microsoft’s proprietary chat technology is the big hurdle that Astro has had to clear in recent years, but those who’ve stuck with the brand should be happy to know that the headset will support a fully wireless audio and chat capability, a fresh look, and a new charging station/transmitter.

The new A50s also support mods to the headphones, which include noise-isolationing leather ear cushions and more padding on the headband.

They look really nice. Especially the stand/charging cradle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

emmetkenny wrote: »

Astro Gaming has finally announced a fully wireless solution for Xbox One console owners with their newest version of the A50. While the A50 has worked wirelessly on the PlayStation 4 and PC since, well, since they were released this new version of the popular and pricey headset will finally do the trick on Xbox One. The A50 is set to retail at $300 and will be available directly through Astro and at retailers later this summer.

Microsoft s proprietary chat technology is the big hurdle that Astro has had to clear in recent years, but those who ve stuck with the brand should be happy to know that the headset will support a fully wireless audio and chat capability, a fresh look, and a new charging station/transmitter.

They look really nice. Especially the stand/charging cradle.
    Sigh... I may need this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Astro Gaming has finally announced a fully wireless solution for Xbox One console owners with their newest version of the A50.

oh that's very nice the wireless charging is a big plus as its the most annoyign thing about my a50s

edit: actually it doesnt mention if it will be compatible will all xbox ones remember the new controllers for the xb1 s has Bluetooth

Oh damn. They've went along and made a Gears of War tainted HyperX Clouds :eek:

https://twitter.com/GearsofWar/status/755422151168045056

Ever open a Hyper Case? They spare no expense. Class packaging. It's done so well. They are also greeting sounding headsets.

I would never have considered HyperX for a headset, what are they like?

I've owned Triton Warheads (they were amazing), Triton Pro+, TurtleBeach Earforce Bravo, TurtleBeach XO and now I have TurtleBeach Stealth 500.

Ever open a Hyper Case? They spare no expense. Class packaging. It's done so well. They are also greeting sounding headsets.

Yup sure have. My main headphones are Hyper X Cloud II's :cool:

I've owned Triton Warheads (they were amazing), Triton Pro+, TurtleBeach Earforce Bravo, TurtleBeach XO and now I have TurtleBeach Stealth 500.

I would never have even considered non 5.1/7.1 surround sound headphones before. I bought these for my PC as they can be virtual 7.1 surround sound on there with the USB soundcard provided but I ended up using them purely stereo with my Xbox and sold my 7.1 Turtle Beaches.

They're just so solid, comfortable & sound great.

HyperX is Kingston's Headphone brand btw. They're a big sponsor of competitive gaming, most professional CSGO players use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Evening everyone,

I'll be in the market for a headset at the end of the month, and read this thread from start to finish. Sound quality takes the edge on being most important to me. Being fully wireless is not a deal breaker, as I've been using my day to day cans connected with the 3.5mm jack. Was initially contemplating the 800X as they apparently sound amazing, but was finding it very hard to justify the price. Then after reading this, started looking at the 500X, but are reasonably hard to come by at a decent price new.

I was flicking through the Argos catalogue, and came across a new brand, Lucidsound. Founded by the former owner of Tritton. They only have 1 headset at the minute, the LS30, but they're getting amazing reviews. They're launching 2 more next month apparently, with the high end one having 5.1 and 7.1, and apparently for the princely sum of $200 or so.

So after all that rambling, would anybody have any suggestions for cracking sound quality, doesn't need to be fully wireless, and if surround was an option great, but not a deal breaker, for €200 max, but preferably less?

So after all that rambling, would anybody have any suggestions for cracking sound quality, doesn't need to be fully wireless, and if surround was an option great, but not a deal breaker, for €200 max, but preferably less?

Tbh, I wouldn't even consider buying any other headset now after owning the HyperX Cloud's: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470942937&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud (€83)

1st Gen are pretty much the same thing soundwise too but €20 cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00JJNQG98/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470942937&sr=8-2&keywords=hyperx+cloud (Parcel Motel required)

Tbh, I wouldn't even consider buying any other headset now after owning the HyperX Cloud's: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470942937&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud (€83)

1st Gen are pretty much the same thing soundwise too but €20 cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00JJNQG98/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470942937&sr=8-2&keywords=hyperx+cloud (Parcel Motel required)

Thanks for that Misky. I always prefer real world opinions to net reviews. What's the sound-stage like, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks for that Misky. I always prefer real world opinions to net reviews. What's the sound-stage like, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm far from an audiophile. All I know is they sound amazing :P

Some say they lack bass & have a little too much treble.

The newly released Cloud Revolver's are marketed as having "Studio-Grade Sound Stage" so maybe check them out too.

This is well worth a watch too, very unbiased review:

I'm far from an audiophile. All I know is they sound amazing :P

Some say they lack bass & have a little too much treble.

The newly released Cloud Revolver's are marketed as having "Studio-Grade Sound Stage" so maybe check them out too.

This is well worth a watch too, very unbiased review:

Thanks for that once again. Couple of questions of you don't mind my asking.

What's the set up to the Xbone? And does it have mic monitoring?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I got a pair of hyperx cloud II and can confirm they are great for the price. I had a couple of mid-range turtle beach headsets in the past and the hyperx put them to shame. People that say they dont have much bass dont understand that you dont need booming bass that will throttle your ear drums everytime somebody throws a frag grenade. I find the balance between highs and lows to be perfect. The detachable mic is very handy and oh my god that packaging and build quality is amazing.

What's the set up to the Xbone? And does it have mic monitoring?

The Cloud II' just plug into your controller or 3.5mm stereo adapter if your controller doesn't have one built in.

There is mic monitoring but it doesn't work with the Xbox stereo adapter. Only works plugged straight into a controller that has 3.5mm port or one of those chat adapter/keyboards that have the 3.5mm port too.

The Cloud II' just plug into your controller or 3.5mm stereo adapter if your controller doesn't have one built in.

There is mic monitoring but it doesn't work with the Xbox stereo adapter. Only works plugged straight into a controller that has 3.5mm port or one of those chat adapter/keyboards that have the 3.5mm port too.

Nice one. I only asked as most reviews and information seems to be based on using it with a PC. Have you noticed much/ any difference when using with Xbone over your PC? And thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it. I've an awful habit of researching something to death before I buy.

I got a pair of hyperx cloud II and can confirm they are great for the price. I had a couple of mid-range turtle beach headsets in the past and the hyperx put them to shame. People that say they dont have much bass dont understand that you dont need booming bass that will throttle your ear drums everytime somebody throws a frag grenade. I find the balance between highs and lows to be perfect. The detachable mic is very handy and oh my god that packaging and build quality is amazing.

Agreed Angry. I like a bit of bass, but not of the Beats variety, which sound horribly muddy. Much prefer a natural sound.

Ok, just to complicate things slightly, I've been offered a set of 800x through a contact for €150, brand new. Thoughts, opinions?

• Advertisement

Ok, just to complicate things slightly, I've been offered a set of 800x through a contact for €150, brand new. Thoughts, opinions?

I've the 500x and love them. For €150 you probably won't find a better headset

I use them. They are awesome.

They pick up on the low sounds really well, better than most gaming headsets and very comfortable.

I have had mine for about 2 years now. There is lots of customization options when it comes to sound settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TechSupport

I use Noontech Zoro HD II headphones with my Turtle Beach controller adapter on my Elite controller. The HD IIs are proper HiFi headphones and sound amazing on the Xbox, the sound is really tight and never distorts. I like the travel pouch and the cable can be unplugged from the headphone body, easy to replace if they get damaged, unlike my useless TBs, where the connector plug failed after a few months and are now sitting looking pretty. Gunfire and explosions sound so tight, even the bass. Now, the bass wouldn't be as powerful as say, Beats headphones, but the Beats are just woeful, with durty, durty baas.

The Noontech HD II only cost me €80 on Amazon.

The only downside is that the inline mic needs a clip to hold it in place, otherwise it rubs against your clothes. I salvaged one from an old mobile headset.

Check out the reviews online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I have the Hyper X Cloud II also. Great headset for the price. Way better than any Turtle Beach crap. My go to headset though is the Lucid Sound LS30 wireless. You will not get better for the price. Blows the Astros away even.

I had a set of Revolvers. That metal head band thing is horrible. It's sends shock waves through your ears if it gets the slightest of knocks. The sound quality is very good on them though but I prefer the Cloud II to them.

I have the Hyper X Cloud II also. Great headset for the price. Way better than any Turtle Beach crap. My go to headset though is the Lucid Sound LS30 wireless. You will not get better for the price. Blows the Astros away even.

I own both the Hyper X Cloud II and a Turtle Beach 800X and as nice as the Hyper X cloud headset is it doesn't come close to the 800X. Its actually not in the same league :D

When I use my Hyper X cloud II with my PC the thats a whole different ball game. On PC the headset becomes a 7.1 virtual surround sound headset but on the Xbox its just plain stereo.

I own both the Hyper X Cloud II and a Turtle Beach 800X and as nice as the Hyper X cloud headset is it doesn't come close to the 800X. Its actually not in the same league :D

When I use my Hyper X cloud II with my PC the thats a whole different ball game. On PC the headset becomes a 7.1 virtual surround sound headset but on the Xbox its just plain stereo.

I have the 800p's. Don't find them comfortable at all and they ain't loud enough. Admittedly my hearing is shot to bits anyway.

I have the 800p's. Don't find them comfortable at all and they ain't loud enough. Admittedly my hearing is shot to bits anyway.
    The 800P is the Playstation Version of the 800X which is the Xbox version.

I initially thought it was quiet compared to my previous Turtle beach headset but from switching between the 2 headsets I noticed the difference. The 800x picks up on sounds that can be very difficult to hear. Those kinds of low sounds in games that the other headset wasn't really getting unless you cranked it up.

I was worried when I ordered the headset that it might be uncomfortable. It looked small in images I had seen but Its a lovely fit. My ears always get sore across a range of headsets but not when I am using the 800X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm try to find a headset and was hoping for one to use predominantly on my Xbone but occasionally on the ps4.

Wireless would be great but it's not the end of the world. Looking at the hyper x.
    Also looked at the p22x and I think the p24 in Gamestop today but I asked the muppet at the counter what wireless or wired set he had that could work on both consoles. He hardly looked up from his phone to say "none, two different markets and technically not possible" he may have only learned how to tie shoelaces this morning so I didn't hold much hope anyway

Needless to say I left :)

Any recommendations up to €150? Thanks

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    I'm try to find a headset and was hoping for one to use predominantly on my Xbone but occasionally on the ps4.

Wireless would be great but it's not the end of the world. Looking at the hyper x.
    Also looked at the p22x and I think the p24 in Gamestop today but I asked the muppet at the counter what wireless or wired set he had that could work on both consoles. He hardly looked up from his phone to say "none, two different markets and technically not possible" he may have only learned how to tie shoelaces this morning so I didn't hold much hope anyway

Needless to say I left :)

Any recommendations up to €150? Thanks

Go for the Lucid Sound LS30's. Works on both systems and only €125 in Argos. You won't be disappointed.

Advertisement