Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Go for the Lucid Sound LS30's. Works on both systems and only €125 in Argos. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you!
    I've been looking for ages for a headset like this, never once showed up on Amazon or Argos even when I searched "Xbox Gaming Headsets".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Had a look in Argos today and the Lucid LS30 are coming in at €124.99 which is great and

The HyperX Revolver (which I like aesthetically) are €124.99 and the Cloud2 is €93.99 or the original Cloud for €74.99?? and even the Hyper X pro €99

Any guidance on which is better? Seems to be a close call between all three going by reviews.

Presume they all can plug straight into a 2nd Gen Xbone controller?

Also the Astro A40 at €109 seems good value! I know the only wireless one is the LS30 but the choice is a pain!! :eek:

The lucid v hyperx choice is a hard one as I haven't physically seen any of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

amadablam wrote: »
    Had a look in Argos today and the Lucid LS30 are coming in at €124.99 which is great and

The HyperX Revolver (which I like aesthetically) are €124.99 and the Cloud2 is €93.99 or the original Cloud for €74.99?? and even the Hyper X pro €99

Any guidance on which is better? Seems to be a close call between all three going by reviews.

Presume they all can plug straight into a 2nd Gen Xbone controller?

Also the Astro A40 at €109 seems good value! I know the only wireless one is the LS30 but the choice is a pain!! :eek:

The lucid v hyperx choice is a hard one as I haven't physically seen any of them

The LS30 wins hands down. The Revolver is a very loose fit and sound quality is not nearly as good. Make sure you have a chat adapter whichever choice you make. I have both headsets but the LS is the one to go for.

Ok to follow on from my post above

Ive decided on Either the Hyper X Cloud1 Cloud2 (no main difference other than the sound card?) or Lucid LS30

With the wired setup of the Clouds, the wire just goes to the controller, right?

SO with the Xbone this would be the same with the 'Wireless' LS30?

Apologies for the stupid question but I have not used a headset on either my Xbone or PS4 before.

Hope to buy today.

Ok to follow on from my post above

Ive decided on Either the Hyper X Cloud1 Cloud2 (no main difference other than the sound card?) or Lucid LS30

With the wired setup of the Clouds, the wire just goes to the controller, right?

SO with the Xbone this would be the same with the 'Wireless' LS30?

Apologies for the stupid question but I have not used a headset on either my Xbone or PS4 before.

Hope to buy today.

On the Xbox One they both plug into the chat adapter and on the PS4 they just plug straight into the controller (Hyper X Clouds). The LS30 is totally wireless on the PS4.

• Advertisement

On the Xbox One they both plug into the chat adapter and on the PS4 they just plug straight into the controller (Hyper X Clouds). The LS30 is totally wireless on the PS4.

What about on the Xbox One/One S? Are they totally wireless too? Because that's the main reason I want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

DanC90 wrote: »
    What about on the Xbox One/One S? Are they totally wireless too? Because that's the main reason I want them.

Sure your not going to get a chance to use them at all ;)

Not sure about that. I'm sure Google will have the answer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Go for the Lucid Sound LS30's. Works on both systems and only €125 in Argos. You won't be disappointed.

am i missing something? they are 162 in argos?

mossym wrote: »
    am i missing something? they are 162 in argos?

They changed this morning from €124.99

• Advertisement

Well after deciding to finally purchase the Hyperx CloudX Pro, off I went to Argos at lunch time.

It was mental there but chatting to the guy on the till and he was giving out about the order system saying it was majorly slow today because of the sale update prices.

Said that I had tried to reserve something last night but couldn't and he asked what it was, checked the stock number and said he would give it to me at the reduced price.

In the door looking to buy the Cloud X pro and left with a set of Lucidsound LS30.

Hopefully they live up to the great reviews now!! They seem to have extra features but hopefully better stereo sound for gaming. Weight wise with the Cloud 2 quoted at 320 and the LS30 at 188, seems a lot lighter too.

Best part was I has a voucher for 100 that I had forgotten about so I didnt have to pay much.

20160831_145529_zpsojlv6ygk.jpg

amadablam wrote:
    Hopefully they live up to the great reviews now!! They seem to have extra features but hopefully better stereo sound for gaming. Weight wise with the Cloud 2 quoted at 320 and the LS30 at 188, seems a lot lighter too.

Could you let me know if they work completely wireless with XB1? Really interested in getting these but only if they work without any wires connected :P And if they do work wirelessly is it through Bluetooth or a dongle?

TIA

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

The wired headsets are much handier than the 360 days where you had usb and phono cables connecting to the console along with a wire connecting from the mixer to the controller. Its just one wire to the controller and thats it, I hardly notice it.

Could you let me know if they work completely wireless with XB1? Really interested in getting these but only if they work without any wires connected :P And if they do work wirelessly is it through Bluetooth or a dongle?

TIA

You need to use a chat cable to the controller on Xbox One.

The wired headsets are much handier than the 360 days where you had usb and phono cables connecting to the console along with a wire connecting from the mixer to the controller. Its just one wire to the controller and thats it, I hardly notice it.

That's one too many for me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Got the LS30'S at the weekend while they were €125. I'd been trying to hold out for the LS40'S which will be 7.1, but they're apparently delayed til November. Not disappointed. Great soundstage from them. Bass heavy, but not in a muddy Beats way. Mids are a wee bit weak, but fine.

Sound separation is fantastic on them, and the game/ chat controls are simplicity. Build quality is top notch. Very, very comfortable despite being a substantial piece of equipment.

Can not recommended these highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well after deciding to finally purchase the Hyperx CloudX Pro, off I went to Argos at lunch time.

It was mental there but chatting to the guy on the till and he was giving out about the order system saying it was majorly slow today because of the sale update prices.

Said that I had tried to reserve something last night but couldn't and he asked what it was, checked the stock number and said he would give it to me at the reduced price.

In the door looking to buy the Cloud X pro and left with a set of Lucidsound LS30.

Best part was I has a voucher for 100 that I had forgotten about so I didnt have to pay much.

20160831_145529_zpsojlv6ygk.jpg

They look great. Is the silver part metal?

I'd be tempted to get a pair myself now. How would they compare to the TurtleBeach Stealth 500x does anyone know?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They look great. Is the silver part metal?

I'd be tempted to get a pair myself now. How would they compare to the TurtleBeach Stealth 500x does anyone know?

I tried the 500P at a demo stand in Gamestop, and was underwhelmed. Firstly by the construction, which I thought felt likecheap plastic. And the sound was nothing to write home about. Felt like the sound was lacking in substance. Granted, it was a demo stand, but was enough to put me off.

And yes, the silver part is metal. Nearly sure it's aluminium.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I tried the 500P at a demo stand in Gamestop, and was underwhelmed. Firstly by the construction, which I thought felt likecheap plastic. And the sound was nothing to write home about. Felt like the sound was lacking in substance. Granted, it was a demo stand, but was enough to put me off.

And yes, the silver part is metal. Nearly sure it's aluminium.

I can't fault the sound on the 500x but I am wary of the build quality. I had a pair of Triton Warheads for the 360 and they were brilliant.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can't fault the sound on the 500x but I am wary of the build quality. I had a pair of Triton Warheads for the 360 and they were brilliant.

It was at a demo stand, so I'd expect the sound to be better in home. You would be going to stereo only with these, but the build quality is fantastic. Just using them passively with my mobile gave great sound. Not audiophile quality, but better than most cans in that price range, imo.

• Advertisement

That's one too many for me 😂

It's really just a short cable for chat to the controller and on ps4 it's completely wireless.

Haven't managed to multi quote but they are top quality and yes they are aluminum. Very good so far tonight and for the money, they are seriously well built. Sound is good on the default setting for my hearing. Setup is pretty self explanatory too.

Well worth 124.99 and I can't compare them to the HyperX Cloud X though buy perhaps Grahamer666 can as he was a great help to me in choosing these.

Haven't tried them listening to music yet though but I am sure, going by reviews that they are pretty good. I wear etymotics usually when out about listening to music anyway so these won't leave the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Can anyone recommend some headsets at the lower end of the price scale? The young lad keeps braking them so he's going to have to start buying his own. They'll need to have the Xbox adapter because he's also managed to damage one of the triggers on the controller with the 3.5mm plug....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Can anyone recommend some headsets at the lower end of the price scale? The young lad keeps braking them so he's going to have to start buying his own. They'll need to have the Xbox adapter because he's also managed to damage one of the triggers on the controller with the 3.5mm plug....

50€ gets you the official xbox ones at argos, although if it were me, Id get a new controller with the 3.5mm plug and a set of earbuds from the poundshop.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1946077/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+STEREO+HEADSET.htm
    (showing my age, ahh, poundshops)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

A better price model would be to buy the chat adapter and cheap headsets/earbuds.

JoyPad wrote: »
    A better price model would be to buy the chat adapter and cheap headsets/earbuds.

That's a good idea. I'll try and pick one up.

Is there any headset types to avoid? I've had compatibility problems before. If I look at things described as "PC headsets", can I be reasonably confident they'll work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is there any headset types to avoid? I've had compatibility problems before. If I look at things described as "PC headsets", can I be reasonably confident they'll work?

Just make sure the connection is a single 4 pole 3.5mm adapter and not 2 separate cables for audio & mic also not a USB connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

In fact, if it says PC headset, it most likely has two stereo 3.5mm jack connectors (one for headphones, one for microphone), and you definitely do not want it.

What you want is, like MiskyBoyy said above, the 4-pole 3.5mm jack:

41sNTaRK-6L._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Most phone headsets will work, the ones with earbuds and inline microphone.

JoyPad wrote: »
    In fact, if it says PC headset, it most likely has two stereo 3.5mm jack connectors (one for headphones, one for microphone), and you definitely do not want it.

What you want is, like MiskyBoyy said above, the 4-pole 3.5mm jack:

41sNTaRK-6L._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Most phone headsets will work, the ones with earbuds and inline microphone.

If the headset has the two 3.5mm connectors you can get a splitter to allow them to work.

Thanks to all. I ended up getting the official xbox stereo headset since it came with the adapter and it's €25 on its own most places. Let's see how long this one lasts :D

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a good headset for XB1 for under €100 on Amazon? Have an Amazon voucher. Don't mind going a bit higher if its worth it. Cheers

Advertisement