Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can anyone recommend a good headset for XB1 for under €100 on Amazon? Have an Amazon voucher. Don't mind going a bit higher if its worth it. Cheers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00SAYCVTQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473010628&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+ii

Or an extra £10 for the flash of red.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Thanks Misky.

It says it needs an XB1 adapter. I have the elite controller, will I still need an adapter?

Thanks Misky.

It says it needs an XB1 adapter. I have the elite controller, will I still need an adapter?

Nah you're good. Just plug straight into the 3.5mm port on the elite. Exact setup I'm rocking :cool:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nah you're good. Just plug straight into the 3.5mm port on the elite. Exact setup I'm rocking :cool:

Cheers Misky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fataleight

Hi Guys,

Following this thread and just a couple of question about the HyperX Cloud II,

Is the 7.1 USB dongle only really for PC?

If I plug the headset into the 3.5 jack on the back of my controller (not XB1 adapter) will I not be able to mute the mic quickly if I need too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

fataleight wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Following this thread and just a couple of question about the HyperX Cloud II,

Is the 7.1 USB dongle only really for PC?

If I plug the headset into the 3.5 jack on the back of my controller (not XB1 adapter) will I not be able to mute the mic quickly if I need too?

yeah the dongle is PC only

I think the control for the mic is on the inline control box.

In the HyperX CloudX it looks like a slightly tidier option

If you want fast mic cancelling have a look at the LS30, you literally press the right side.

amadablam wrote: »
    yeah the dongle is PC only

I think the control for the mic is on the inline control box.

In the HyperX CloudX it looks like a slightly tidier option

If you want fast mic cancelling have a look at the LS30, you literally press the right side.

Thanks for that, LS30 is a bit rich for my budget :) I could get the XB1 adapter but that would add another 20+ euro. I don't play a lot online just a few friends in the UK now and then,I am using the stock chat headset at the moment and the game sound on my surround sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks for that, LS30 is a bit rich for my budget :) I could get the XB1 adapter but that would add another 20+ euro. I don't play a lot online just a few friends in the UK now and then,I am using the stock chat headset at the moment and the game sound on my surround sound.

Loads of us here on Boards. Don't be afraid to add a few.

There's a Gamertag thread float around somewhere.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

You could detach the mic temporarily.

You could pick up the Cloud 1 for handy money if you wanted to save a few quid, there isnt a load of differences as far as I can see and just do what AngryDiMaria said if you are stuck :)

• Advertisement

You could detach the mic temporarily.

I was thinking that myself but thought I would sound cheap saying it lol
    The cloud 1 is an option as well, thanks.

I was thinking that myself but thought I would sound cheap saying it lol
    The cloud 1 is an option as well, thanks.

Ya cheap fecker :) sure none of us are cheapskates around here! That's why we have a bargains thread, a dedicated Amazon product sourcer (MiskyBoyy)

And why boards Xbox forum members look like foraging hordes of zombies in tesco recently!

Damn you Tesco, I know that you are saying that you have no stock but we are going to check behind paint, under cabbages and further until we find something in this damn store!

No sir, we ain't cheapskates! :D

I presume there isn't much difference between the Hyperx cloud ii and the Hyperx cloudx?

The cloudx does have volume controls on the cable so that would be handy and it comes with a hard shell case.

It's £15 more than the cloud ii.

What should I do? :P

I presume there isn't much difference between the Hyperx cloud ii and the Hyperx cloudx?

The cloudx does have volume controls on the cable so that would be handy and it comes with a hard shell case.

It's £15 more than the cloud ii.

What should I do? :P

There is supposedly better mic monitoring on the Cloudx going by some reviews and some minor upgrades to the headset in addition to the braided cable and inline control which is not as chunky as the cloud 1 or 2.

If you want those difference, spend the extra. Personally, I think I would go for the cloud X

But if you want, go for the Cloud 1 or 2 (if you plan on using it on a PC)

Sleepless nights await you with such a dilemma! I have been through the same torment :D:D

Mic monitoring is provided by the Xbox itself for my cloud 2s and is perfect.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Mic is supposedly better on the cloud 2s, thats why I went with those over the 1s.

Mic is supposedly better on the cloud 2s, thats why I went with those over the 1s.

Not sure if the Cloud Core is the same as the Cloud one but Maplin have the Core for 49.99€

Unusual for them to be cheap with anything but I thought I'd post It anyway

I was talking earlier in the thread about getting a headset and I ended up getting the HyperX CloudX headset.

Just have a few questions.

I've never used a headset before (I just use ipod earphones, not the ones that go right over your ear) and every review I've read about the headset has said they are really comfortable and sometimes you forget you have them on.

Unfortunately that's not the case for me. After a few minutes my right ear does be aching. Not an internal ear ache, my actual ear does be sore. I've tried adjusting them and I even put on the extra ear covers that come with it and still the same.

I was just wondering do headsets have to be "broken in"? I've only used them a few times and not for long each time but should I keep using them hoping that it gets better or are some headsets just not the right shape for some peoples heads and I should return them?

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I was talking earlier in the thread about getting a headset and I ended up getting the HyperX CloudX headset.

Just have a few questions.

I've never used a headset before (I just use ipod earphones, not the ones that go right over your ear) and every review I've read about the headset has said they are really comfortable and sometimes you forget you have them on.

Unfortunately that's not the case for me. After a few minutes my right ear does be aching. Not an internal ear ache, my actual ear does be sore. I've tried adjusting them and I even put on the extra ear covers that come with it and still the same.

I was just wondering do headsets have to be "broken in"? I've only used them a few times and not for long each time but should I keep using them hoping that it gets better or are some headsets just not the right shape for some peoples heads and I should return them?

Thanks for any help.

If you're not used to wearing them then it could possibly take some time to get comfortable with them on. I am using headsets a long time and i still find them uncomfortable after a certain period. Give it time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Yup. My right left ear used to be the same just at the top of my jaw bone. Give it a while and it should feel better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yup. My right left ear used to be the same just at the top of my jaw bone. Give it a while and it should feel better.

My mental image of you is now very disturbing.... :)

CatInABox wrote: »
    My mental image of you is now very disturbing.... :)

Haha, D'OH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

what are the top end xbox one headsets these days? any fully wireless?

I think the new Astro A50's are going to be completely wireless for the Xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Gears 4 is getting me complaints about the noise. No way am I turning this game down :D So now it's headset time. Need something good, but not crazy expensive. €100-€150 would be nice for a decent but not fantastic pair. First that spring to mind checking bricks and mortar shops are the PDP Afterglow AG9. Anyone any experience with these? Anything better I should be taking a look at in that price range? Oh and wireless if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

qrx wrote: »
    Gears 4 is getting me complaints about the noise. No way am I turning this game down :D So now it's headset time. Need something good, but not crazy expensive. €100-€150 would be nice for a decent but not fantastic pair. First that spring to mind checking bricks and mortar shops are the PDP Afterglow AG9. Anyone any experience with these? Anything better I should be taking a look at in that price range? Oh and wireless if possible.

What about Astros A40?

http://www.checkargos.com/product/4506885

I have Astro A40 TR's and Lucidsound LS30's and both are fantastic.
    Lucidsound have a new set out now in Argos called the LS20's which are supposed to be fantastic too. €100 i think.

I have Astro A40 TR's and Lucidsound LS30's and both are fantastic.
    Lucidsound have a new set out now in Argos called the LS20's which are supposed to be fantastic too. €100 i think.

Ill second the Lucidsound LS30's, (thanks to Crahamer666 steer on them) really amazing sound from these and if you own more than one console, they are completely wireless on the PS4 plus work great with mobile devices also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'll throw a hat in the ring for Turtle Beach 420x, got a set for €100 in GameStop a couple of weeks ago, fully wireless- no cable to the controller.

NB- This is my second set, I did have an issue from day one with my original set, just with the mic boom, I tried the boom from the new set in the old and its flawless. However I am the only one I know with this set who has had any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Lucid L30 are forerunners for now. Need wireless really as I'm across the room from xbox.

Are the Lucid L30 stereo in the tradional sense? As in dual channel? Or do they have virtual surround?

Advertisement