Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

qrx wrote: »
    Lucid L30 are forerunners for now. Need wireless really as I'm across the room from xbox.

Are the Lucid L30 stereo in the tradional sense? As in dual channel? Or do they have virtual surround?

I don't think I could go back to a cable between the headset and controller, so much freedom without wires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Lucid L30 are forerunners for now. Need wireless really as I'm across the room from xbox.

Are the Lucid L30 stereo in the tradional sense? As in dual channel? Or do they have virtual surround?

Theyre stereo. The LS40 is coming out next month and that's 7.1 surround but will probably be expensive.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I'll throw a hat in the ring for Turtle Beach 420x, got a set for €100 in GameStop a couple of weeks ago, fully wireless- no cable to the controller.

NB- This is my second set, I did have an issue from day one with my original set, just with the mic boom, I tried the boom from the new set in the old and its flawless. However I am the only one I know with this set who has had any issues.

I had the PlayStation version of those and sent them back. I found them unbearable to wear as the clamping pressure was too tight for me. There was also a horrible buzz when you turned the mic on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Where the cheapest for the LS30? Might pick up a pair for the PS4.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Where the cheapest for the LS30? Might pick up a pair for the PS4.

I've only seen them in Argos and on Amazon. €163 and £120 something.

• Advertisement

I've only seen them in Argos and on Amazon. €163 and £120 something.

Saw them on Amazon alright. Might just go with the official PS4 wireless headset because the Xbox is my main console and I have Stealth 500x for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I had the PlayStation version of those and sent them back. I found them unbearable to wear as the clamping pressure was too tight for me. There was also a horrible buzz when you turned the mic on.

Similar problem to the first set I got, second is absolutely perfect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'll just add on these, although they are stereo, sound quality is excellent. I'd much rather quality stereo sound over bad 7.1.

Also the ability to mute mic or sound so quickly is a godsend.

Tonight, Saturday, I sent an email to Lucidsound to see if I could buy a second wireless dongle. They said paring it would mean more hassle than switching to the ps4 each time so they offered a free Optical cable to be left in the other console.

They shipped it immediately. Great customer service in my books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

amadablam wrote: »
    I'll just add on these, although they are stereo, sound quality is excellent. I'd much rather quality stereo sound over bad 7.1.

Also the ability to mute mic or sound so quickly is a godsend.

Tonight, Saturday, I sent an email to Lucidsound to see if I could buy a second wireless dongle. They said paring it would mean more hassle than switching to the ps4 each time so they offered a free Optical cable to be left in the other console.

They shipped it immediately. Great customer service in my books

7.1 pushes you into the upper price range on all brands from what I can see.

Just one last question, can you set the audio mode per device on the Xbox? So can I have earphones set to stereo and the TV set to surround?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

My turtle beach tango stand died 😑

Any recommendations on a new headset?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hyperx+cloud+2

€30 off the LS30's in Argos at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ive never heard of this LucidSound crowd before are they new to the market?

a quick google looks like the founder of tritton sold up and started this new gaming headset company

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ive never heard of this LucidSound crowd before are they new to the market?

a quick google looks like the founder of tritton sold up and started this new gaming headset company

Think they started out in March. Great headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

€30 off the LS30's in Argos at the minute.

At this price, I'd be all over them like a rash. To my mind, they're a steal at full price, but total bargain at €30 off. I got mine on an offer price of €125.

Have them two months now, so they're fully broken in. Sound quality is the best I've found at that price. Definitely got a nice bass oomph, but not sloppy/ muddy. Good soundstage, so gives a good sense of direction. Cross platform support is a bonus. Comfort is great, niceties memory foam ear cups. I would prefer velour rather than "leather" ear cups, but that's a personal preference.

And if you bought them just for the purpose of listening to music, they beat most other sets of headphones at that price, and absolutely smash the sound quality of Beats.

The LS40'S are up on amazon for pre-order for $199, so I reckon they'll probable come in at €219 retail here. If they've gotten the 7.1 sounding as well on them, as the stereo sounds on the LS30'S, mine might become faulty, and have to go back to Argos so's I can upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Sorry to hear that man, from reading here I know you loved them.

I know this'll sound harsh, but I'm damn glad I didn't put an offer in on them on adverts.

At this price, I'd be all over them like a rash. To my mind, they're a steal at full price, but total bargain at €30 off. I got mine on an offer price of €125.

Have them two months now, so they're fully broken in. Sound quality is the best I've found at that price. Definitely got a nice bass oomph, but not sloppy/ muddy. Good soundstage, so gives a good sense of direction. Cross platform support is a bonus. Comfort is great, niceties memory foam ear cups. I would prefer velour rather than "leather" ear cups, but that's a personal preference.

And if you bought them just for the purpose of listening to music, they beat most other sets of headphones at that price, and absolutely smash the sound quality of Beats.

The LS40'S are up on amazon for pre-order for $199, so I reckon they'll probable come in at €219 retail here. If they've gotten the 7.1 sounding as well on them, as the stereo sounds on the LS30'S, mine might become faulty, and have to go back to Argos so's I can upgrade.

I picked them up when they were €125 too. Absolute bargain. I mainly use my Astro A40 TR's but swap between the two regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Save €23.00
    €139.99
    was €162.99
    :(

Argos seem to change their prices like the weather. Still a good price though.

I have a bunch of argos credit burning a hole in my pocket and the official MS headset gives me earache after a couple hours as the padding is terrible. So, i think i'll pick up a treat for myself at the weekend. These LS30 at 140 yoyo are what i need?

• Advertisement

I have a bunch of argos credit burning a hole in my pocket and the official MS headset gives me earache after a couple hours as the padding is terrible. So, i think i'll pick up a treat for myself at the weekend. These LS30 at 140 yoyo are what i need?

They're really good quality and you could also wear them to listen to music while on the go too without looking like a clown. When gaming they also can go up really really loud. Like 'make you deaf' loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Have there been any developments with wireless chat yet, or do wireless headsets still need to be tethered to the joypad for chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Have there been any developments with wireless chat yet, or do wireless headsets still need to be tethered to the joypad for chat?

Yes, recent advances in science have now made this utopian dream a reality. Try the turtle beach stealth 500

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Yes, recent advances in science have now made this utopian dream a reality. Try the turtle beach stealth 500

I was under in impression that although there were 3rd party wireless headsets for the XB1, to use the chat function, it had to be connected to the joypad.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I was under in impression that although there were 3rd party wireless headsets for the XB1, to use the chat function, it had to be connected to the joypad.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I have the Stealth 500 and they are a very good headset. Get about 10 hours out of a charge out of them. Very comfortable as well

Is the LS30 fully wireless? Like no cable to the controller.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4186920/Trail/searchtext>Turtle+beach.htm
    What about these, any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

I have the stealth 420x and they are also fully wireless for game sound and chat. Just plug a small thing into the USB port and away you go.

Not surround sound but still a grand headset

Is the LS30 fully wireless? Like no cable to the controller.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4186920/Trail/searchtext>Turtle+beach.htm
    What about these, any good?

You need the supplied chat cable to the controller. They're only fully wireless on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Have been following the thread with interest, and am about to pull the trigger on the LS30 that Argos have on special price right now.

Quick question; I'm using both Xbox One and PS4. Would the best way to move between the two to just plug the USB into the PS4 and switch optical cables between PS4 and Xbox One when needed? For chat, I guess I just plug in the chat cable into the Xbox One controller (I have older controllers so will need a chat adapter) and still leave the USB in the PS4 for power? Or should I unplug it from there and plug it into the Xbox One instead?

Cheers!

• Advertisement

eko wrote: »
    Have been following the thread with interest, and am about to pull the trigger on the LS30 that Argos have on special price right now.

Quick question; I'm using both Xbox One and PS4. Would the best way to move between the two to just plug the USB into the PS4 and switch optical cables between PS4 and Xbox One when needed? For chat, I guess I just plug in the chat cable into the Xbox One controller (I have older controllers so will need a chat adapter) and still leave the USB in the PS4 for power? Or should I unplug it from there and plug it into the Xbox One instead?

Cheers!

For Xbox One they recommend you use the USB on the side of the console as that has the best connection. I'd just switch the dongle and optical cable between the two as you're using them.

Advertisement