Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

For Xbox One they recommend you use the USB on the side of the console as that has the best connection. I'd just switch the dongle and optical cable between the two as you're using them.

Yeah thats what I do.

I contacted Lucidsound to buy a second dongle and they said it was more hassle than it was worth to keep pairing up so they said they would send me an extra optical cable free of charge to just allow me to switch the dongle.

Really happy with them myself and to get a response on a saturday night from customer care, bodes very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Any special offers on good headsets?
    Son broke his Turtle Beach ones, and I gave him mine until I can get him a new pair.

JoyPad wrote: »
    Any special offers on good headsets?
    Son broke his Turtle Beach ones, and I gave him mine until I can get him a new pair.

This looks like a good offer if you wnated to use in on PC as well.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3397552.htm

amadablam wrote: »
    This looks like a good offer if you wnated to use in on PC as well.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3397552.htm

Was just looking at it, but it doesn't say XBox. PC/Mac/PS4, no XBox?
    BTW, I can't see any stock.

Was just looking at it, but it doesn't say XBox. PC/Mac/PS4, no XBox?
    BTW, I can't see any stock.

Oops, sorry :o

I didnt go that far myself, just had spotted the offer and it looked good for the price.

• Advertisement

Still wondering about the standards: should all headsets that have a 4-pole 3.5mm jack connector work with the XBox One Elite controller?
    How about through the chatpad accessory? I keep this connected to my Elite as it gives me quick access to the volume features, just like the headset adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Here's what i'm wondering, are these fully wireless or are they wired to the controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Here's what i'm wondering, are these fully wireless or are they wired to the controller?

Astro were releasing fully wireless set of A50 this year for the One so if that's this year's set should be no wires.

Pricey though.

Based on information in the manual, looks like you can use them wireless if you only want to listen, but you need to connect a cable between them and the controller if you also want to chat.

I think this applies to any wireless headsets in combination with XBox One.
    Looks like the most recent A50 do not need any cables at all.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Astro were releasing fully wireless set of A50 this year for the One so if that's this year's set should be no wires.

Pricey though.

Might sell a Mac and buy them :P

• Advertisement

Based on information in the manual, looks like you can use them wireless if you only want to listen, but you need to connect a cable between them and the controller if you also want to chat.

I think this applies to any wireless headsets in combination with XBox One.

Nope- Fully wireless here and also here

I was wondering was it these which are the announced fully wireless Astro's

I see the Lucidsound LS30 are down to €140.

Nope- Fully wireless here and also here

I was wondering was it these which are the announced fully wireless Astro's

Hey, thanks for that link.
    Turns out there's a special on those, down from €169.99 to €129.99 (if you select the EU flag to change to Euro). Ordered, thank you very much!

Hey, thanks for that link.
    Turns out there's a special on those, down from €169.99 to €129.99 (if you select the EU flag to change to Euro). Ordered, thank you very much!

Which one, the 420? I have them, and they are excellent, but i get bored of things super quick :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Yup. Those new A50's with base station are fully wireless on Xbox One.

Yup. Those new A50's with base station are fully wireless on Xbox One.

The ones from Argos as per the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

The ones from Argos as per the link

Those ones linked from Argos need a chat cable to controller. It's the brand new ones that were released yesterday that are totally wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

recommend me a decent headset with inline control for mic/game sound for say €60 or under

jambofc wrote: »
    recommend me a decent headset with inline control for mic/game sound for say €60 or under

I had the Recon 50x, still have them, they were grand tbh- not going to be spectacular but for 40 notes you couldn't go wrong

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-996/xbox-one-accessories/p-14802/turtle-beach-ear-force-recon-50x-headset/

I had the Recon 50x, still have them, they were grand tbh- not going to be spectacular but for 40 notes you couldn't go wrong

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-996/xbox-one-accessories/p-14802/turtle-beach-ear-force-recon-50x-headset/

can you adjust the mic volume and the game volume inline ?

• Advertisement

Lucidsound LS30 down to £109 on Amazon. Works out about €120 using Revolut.

Currently €160 in Argos.

LucidSound LS30 Wireless Gaming Headset - Black (PS4/Xbox One/Xbox/PS3) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017NDOXSQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7BNgybWEJR4PX

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Lucidsound LS30 down to £109 on Amazon. Works out about €120 using Revolut.

Currently €160 in Argos.

LucidSound LS30 Wireless Gaming Headset - Black (PS4/Xbox One/Xbox/PS3) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017NDOXSQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7BNgybWEJR4PX

I picked these up the other week, lovely piece of hardware.

I picked these up the other week, lovely piece of hardware.

I've Stealth 500x at home and I've these sitting in my basket but just trying to decide do I actually need them :pac:

I've Stealth 500x at home and I've these sitting in my basket but just trying to decide do I actually need them :pac:

The only problem I see with this headset is that you still need a cable if you want to talk, according to this video by LucidSound.

That puts me off from buying them.

went for turtle beach xo

The only problem I see with this headset is that you still need a cable if you want to talk, according to this video by LucidSound.

That puts me off from buying them.

Ah I'll be buying them for the PS4 and can try them on the One.

The wire to the Controller won't really bother me to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone see any high end headsets reasonably priced?

Would anyone have an idea how much a pair of TurtleBeach Stealth 500x would be worth?

I'm thinking of selling mine and buying a Lucidsound or Astro but not sure how much mine are worth?

Anyone see any high end headsets reasonably priced?

Turtle Beach 420X+ (wireless for XB1) are €120 in Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Turtle Beach 420X+ (wireless for XB1) are €120 in Smyths.

Not bad and they are fully wireless

Advertisement