Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Astro don't mess around lads they are all about giving end users the best experience they can. This will be fixed and opportunities to get that headset at that price point might not come around again.

Argos said see what you think if not happy return them it's a win win imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Astro don't mess around lads they are all about giving end users the best experience they can. This will be fixed and opportunities to get that headset at that price point might not come around again.

Agree with you. The sound on them new one's have to be heard to be believed. I had the Gen 1 A50's when they came out and the sound is way better than them even. So powerful yet so clear and crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4626727/Trail/searchtext%3EAstro+a50.htm

I think these are the ones meant to be €212

emmetkenny wrote: »

Yup i reckon so. Ive given in and reserved the new ones to compliment my PS4 one's. They'll probably cop on to the mistake pretty soon i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Read the forum, they are denying any issues and flat out stating that the headset works as intended.

• Advertisement

So, I gave in and got the Xbox One version. Anyone I've spoken to on party chat has said my mic sounds nice and clear. I'm using the Streaming/Bright setting in the Command Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

So, I gave in and got the Xbox One version. Anyone I've spoken to on party chat has said my mic sounds nice and clear. I'm using the Streaming/Bright setting in the Command Centre.
    Got mine used them last night and party members say that my voice was coming through perfect and no issuea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I've had to hold off getting a headset as I realized I'd mostly be using these through the xbox streaming app on my PC, but also needs to work on the console. I'm guessing I'd need a dual PC\Xbox compatible headset, or does it matter at all when you're going through a USB dongle?

Saw this Wireless headphone on Groupon Deals
    any good?

• Advertisement

any good?

I wouldn't say it's up to much to be honest but probably does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

any good?

I have actually used one of these, or at least another branded variant of them- couldn't recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Bit late with this but a big shout out to stone for picking a pair of the Astro A50's for me. Forever a gentleman!

Lucidsound LS30 down to £97 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Lucidsound LS30 down to £97 on Amazon.

That's a bargain! Especially with sterling so low.

I have a set and they are fantastic.

I am getting £69.95 fo the Lucidsound LS30 on Xbox One on Amazon

Edit: Never mind, seller does not post to Ireland!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Edit: Never mind, seller does not post to Ireland!!

Use parcelmotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Edit: Never mind, seller does not post to Ireland!!

Parcel motel or addresspal
    Can you post a link to them

http://amzn.eu/8nJE3QS

Can Pacel Motel but I am broke until next weekend :/

http://amzn.eu/8nJE3QS

Can Pacel Motel but I am broke until next weekend :/

They are ls20 in that link, I think.

• Advertisement

You're right, my bad, I didnt notice it switched to the LS20 when you clicked on the lower price despite it being posted in the same box!! :/

You're right, my bad, I didnt notice it switched to the LS20 when you clicked on the lower price despite it being posted in the same box!! :/

I was actually going to offer you to use my parcel motel if you wanted and sort me out next week by PayPal l. I topped it up twice recently by accident :o

Thats vey kind of you and much appreciated but I'm good thanks :)

Thats vey kind of you and much appreciated but I'm good thanks :)

No bother, if it had been the ls30 at that price, you couldn't have missed them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The HyperX CloudX Pro is down to £63 on Amazon I see. Approx €75 compared to €115 on Argos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

LS30s down to €99.99 although not much stock about.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/5713732

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Andrew76 wrote: »
    LS30s down to €99.99 although not much stock about.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/5713732

Is there a way to replace the battery for when it does eventually lose life in a few years?

andy125 wrote: »
    Is there a way to replace the battery for when it does eventually lose life in a few years?

A few years is a long time for a headset and things move on so there probably wouldn't be much point in worrying about the battery yet. Although I have found lucidsound customer care is brilliant

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

As I'm notoriously difficult to buy a Christmas present for, this year I was asked what I wanted. I had no idea, but the idea of a headset jumped into my head, and it was literally the only thing I could think of for days.

So, I'm getting the LS30s for Christmas. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Hi
    Just looking for a recommendation for a headset for an 11 year old? Something half decent..
    Thanks

Advertisement