Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Guys any good headset for under €100.

What I don't need
    A mic

What it does need
    Wireless
    Bluetooth
    Works on Xbox one s

Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Guys any good headset for under €100.

What I don't need
    A mic

What it does need
    Wireless
    Bluetooth
    Works on Xbox one s

Any thoughts?

You should be able to use any Bluetooth headphones with it but you'll still need to connect it to your controller with a 3.5mm cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I'd like to thank all those that recommended the LS30s

Holy WOW!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Anyone get the new astros a50s and had the older model?

Much of an upgrade

dunworth1 wrote: »

Much of an upgrade

I did. The sound is a bit clearer to these ears and also the Astro Command Centre lets you tweak them to the best sound for you. The battery life is doubled too and the magnetic charging station is great.

• Advertisement

Much of an upgrade

I did. The sound is a bit clearer to these ears and also the Astro Command Centre lets you tweak them to the best sound for you. The battery life is doubled too and the magnetic charging station is great.

Hows the mic is that improved? I have issues with mine on the latest firmware had to downgrade

Hows the mic is that improved? I have issues with mine on the latest firmware had to downgrade

I've had no complaints. The mic monitoring is the best I've ever had on a headset too if that's important to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

The A50's with Basestation have had one significant update in November, and one in December which further improves the mic performance. I said at the time i was going to take them back but i didn't because laziness, and i am very glad, because they are truly phenomenal.

You should be able to use any Bluetooth headphones with it but you'll still need to connect it to your controller with a 3.5mm cable.

Got the apple headphones to work. I have four sets of them but when i tried to use them I would get lots of hissing noise. Had to disable mic option and turn mic should down to 0. Works perfect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys I've a pair of TurtleBeach Stealth 500x sitting in a press here in perfect working order. I'm going to trade them into CEX but I said I'd offer them here first incase anyone is thinking of picking up a pair seen as CEX are selling them for €100.

Mods apologies if this isn't allowed and delete away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭175010012017

I'm usually a Turtle Beach guy, but they crap out after a year or two and the current gen of the 400x have some build quality issues.
    So I was looking at the high end of the spectrum with virtual surround sound, but I'm not willing to spend more than €200.
    Elite 800X - too expensive.
    LS40 - God knows whenever those are released in Europe.
    Steelseries - Way too expensive.

Argos has the Astro A50 Gen 2 on offer for €169.99 (462/6727). I read mixed reviews on them though and I'm uncertain. Apparently the mic is bad, they auto shutdown after 10 mins even with audio and there can be interference.

Can anyone with some years of use recommend them or should I stay away?

Thanks in advance!

I'm usually a Turtle Beach guy, but they crap out after a year or two and the current gen of the 400x have some build quality issues.
    So I was looking at the high end of the spectrum with virtual surround sound, but I'm not willing to spend more than €200.
    Elite 800X - too expensive.
    LS40 - God knows whenever those are released in Europe.
    Steelseries - Way too expensive.

Argos has the Astro A50 Gen 2 on offer for €169.99 (462/6727). I read mixed reviews on them though and I'm uncertain. Apparently the mic is bad, they auto shutdown after 10 mins even with audio and there can be interference.

Can anyone with some years of use recommend them or should I stay away?

Thanks in advance!

I got the Astro A50 Gen 3 in Argos in November for €212. Might be worth your while hanging on?

I have the Gen 3's too and they are amazing. I had the Gen 2's before and they're great too. The only letdown I had with them was the battery life. If you don't mind charging regularly then I'd go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I have the Gen 3's too and they are amazing. I had the Gen 2's before and they're great too. The only letdown I had with them was the battery life. If you don't mind charging regularly then I'd go for it.

Is the gen2 still have a wire to the controller?

If so I think I'll hang on to my ls30 and wait for the Gen 3's to drop again.

Very happy with them so far anyway and they work with both consoles.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got the Astro A50 Gen 3 in Argos in November for €212. Might be worth your while hanging on?

This- completely worth the €212.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    This- completely worth the €212.

One of my better spots on Argos :pac:

I will allow you this one :D

amadablam wrote: »
    Is the gen2 still have a wire to the controller?

If so I think I'll hang on to my ls30 and wait for the Gen 3's to drop again.

Very happy with them so far anyway and they work with both consoles.

Yea. The Gen 3 is totally wireless though.

I managed to snag them for that price too. It must have been a mistake.

I managed to snag them for that price too. It must have been a mistake.

I said to Foxer that looking at the prices at the time they reduced the Gen 2 and the Gen 3 incorrectly. To me it looked as if the Gen 3 was reduced to the price Gen 2 should have been and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Picked up the Astro A50's for my PS4 a good few months ago. Turns out they actually work on the Xbox One too. Not sure the mic is compatible but still, pretty happy when I found that out this morning. :)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Picked up the Astro A50's for my PS4 a good few months ago. Turns out they actually work on the Xbox One too. Not sure the mic is compatible but still, pretty happy when I found that out this morning. :)

Yea. Mic won't work but other than that all is good.

stumbled across these today

PLANTRONICS RIG 800HX
    fully wireless RIG 800HX delivers up to 24 hours of lag-free wireless audio and lightweight comfort for marathon gaming sessions.

due out soon priced at around €150 link

RIG_800-645x645.jpg

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/rig-800hx?skuId=sku7350025

I pitched these up yesterday for €81.99. So far I'm happy, I think it's a cheap option. You get the adapter for the controller.

Turtle Beach Titanfall Atlas Headset Xbox And PC

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1946383/Trail/searchtext%3ETurtle+beach.htm

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I pitched these up yesterday for €81.99. So far I'm happy, I think it's a cheap option. You get the adapter for the controller.

Turtle Beach Titanfall Atlas Headset Xbox And PC

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1946383/Trail/searchtext%3ETurtle+beach.htm

Those are quite old. If I'm not mistaken they are rebranded XO4 that were released just after the Xbox One.

Those are quite old. If I'm not mistaken they are rebranded XO4 that were released just after the Xbox One.

It's an upgrade on my 17year old pc130.

I think the above headset came out in 2014.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Folks, picked up a new One S last week after a year long hiatus.

There's no headset in the box? Have they stopped shipping them?

Folks, picked up a new One S last week after a year long hiatus.

There's no headset in the box? Have they stopped shipping them?

Yea ages ago. I don't think there were any shipped with the later Standard Ones either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yea ages ago. I don't think there were any shipped with the later Standard Ones either.

Cheers, had my Xbox since the beginning.

Will keep an eye out for some headset deals

• Advertisement

Cheers, had my Xbox since the beginning.

Will keep an eye out for some headset deals

Keep an eye on Argos. Lucidsound LS30 are well regarded and drop to €99 every now and then.

Advertisement