Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fataleight

My Xbox one chat headset that came with the console broke last night. A loose wire going into the puck I think. I was going to pickup the same again in Argos but there 25 Euro, so I'm back to thinking of getting a better headset.

I have a surround sound system running on the Xbox and loud gaming isn't a big problem in the room I'm in so I'm not looking for the high end headset. Is Argos still the place to go for the best deals ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

fataleight wrote: »
    My Xbox one chat headset that came with the console broke last night. A loose wire going into the puck I think. I was going to pickup the same again in Argos but there 25 Euro, so I'm back to thinking of getting a better headset.

I have a surround sound system running on the Xbox and loud gaming isn't a big problem in the room I'm in so I'm not looking for the high end headset. Is Argos still the place to go for the best deals ?

whats you budget?

also do you have the old style controller or the new one?

argos have a chat headset for €13
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5015667/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo%2Bgames%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CHeadsets%7C28081695.htm

but its for the new controllers with the headphone jack

as most of the headsets around now don't come with the adapter anymore

these do
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2889298/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CHeadsets%7C28081695.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1946077/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CHeadsets%7C28081695.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4506885/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CHeadsets%7C28081695.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Astro A50 Fully Wireless is on offer currently in Argos for €275

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Astro A50 Fully Wireless is on offer currently in Argos for €275

seriously tempted but buying a switch next month so thats blown my budget
    just did a quick check to see what cex would give me for my a50s €62 quid :(

Thanks Guys,

I have both an elite and standard controller with the mini jack input so would need an in-line mute for the mic.
    Thank you for the links, I found this on amazon for the same sort of money and I think I was reading good things about them earlier in the thread,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-CloudX-Gaming-Headset-Xbox/dp/B01FY6FB30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486905741&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+x

275 euro for a headset while nice would mean an extended stay in the dog house :o

• Advertisement

Thanks Guys,

I have both an elite and standard controller with the mini jack input so would need an in-line mute for the mic.
    Thank you for the links, I found this on amazon for the same sort of money and I think I was reading good things about them earlier in the thread,

275 euro for a headset while nice would mean an extended stay in the dog house :o

think you may have forgotten the link to the amazon one

Thanks Guys,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-CloudX-Gaming-Headset-Xbox/dp/B01FY6FB30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486905741&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+x

Fixed the link :)

Thanks Guys,

Bout €70, i think we can do better. How far can you go money wise?

Bout €70, i think we can do better. How far can you go money wise?

To be honest I was thinking around 70 euro and that same headset is 110 in Argos which I think is a good deal

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=HyperX+CloudX+Pro+Gaming+&authToken=

But if you can get me Astro A50 for 100 euro I could be persuaded :D

To be honest I was thinking around 70 euro and that same headset is 110 in Argos which I think is a good deal

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=HyperX+CloudX+Pro+Gaming+&authToken=

But if you can get me Astro A50 for 100 euro I could be persuaded :D

I was going to say offer up the 420x fully wireless for £100, but that might be stretching it for you?

• Advertisement

I was going to say offer up the 420x fully wireless for £100, but that might be stretching it for you?

Yes a bit rich for me 120euro all in, I do like the Turtle Beach I have Earforce X11 on my PC for a few years now and still going strong.

Yes a bit rich for me 120euro all in, I do like the Turtle Beach I have Earforce X11 on my PC for a few years now and still going strong.

I have literally just discovered that the 420 also works on PC.

Well I pulled the trigger on the HyperX Cloudx 70euro to my door can't go wrong with that.

I will let you know how I get on with them.

Thanks again for all the help.

Well I’ve been using the HyperX Cloudx headset for a few days now and have to say they are well worth the 70euro I paid for them.
    Build quality very good and are comfortable to ware for extended game play. Some of the guys I game with commented on the improvement in voice chat as well.

The only gripe I would have is the in-line volume control is quite sensitive and can brush against your clothes so I may look into getting the puck for the controller and tape up the in-line control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone see the Lucidsound LS40 for sale here yet?

They are getting great reviews off players in the USA on a few groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone see the Lucidsound LS40 for sale here yet?

They are getting great reviews off players in the USA on a few groups.

I'm sure Argos will get them shortly. They're on Amazon.co.uk so wouldn't be long i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Is there much difference in these? Or is something similar that better for around €50?
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Turtle Beach Recon 50X[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Turtle Beach XO One[/font]

Is there much difference in these? Or is something similar that better for around €50?
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Turtle Beach Recon 50X[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Turtle Beach XO One[/font]

Recon is very much entry level, more like everyday headphones, XO One would be a better headset, more features, sturdier build

The Gen 3 Astro A50 is back down to €275 in Argos.

I see Argos have got rid of most of the headsets that they had for sale. All the good one's are gone.

• Advertisement

I see Argos have got rid of most of the headsets that they had for sale. All the good one's are gone.

where are you looking?

i see 111 headsets on the argos site

They must have been doing an overhaul of the site yesterday morning. It's back to normal now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They must have been doing an overhaul of the site yesterday morning. It's back to normal now.

The Argos website is notoriously flakey, so it might just have been that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Is it just me or does the Argos mobile website only show the first page of a search with no navigation buttons? I always have to go to full website.

qrx wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the Argos mobile website only show the first page of a search with no navigation buttons? I always have to go to full website.

It's not just you- I don't bother with the mobile site at all. I'm surprised there's no app tbh.

Hi guys

Anyone have a set of Lucidsound LS30?

I have a set and really like them but people have complained of a buzzing type noise when I am in chat party on xbox live.

I've seen it mentioned about other headsets.

Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? Hopefully it's not an issue with the headset.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hi guys

Anyone have a set of Lucidsound LS30?

I have a set and really like them but people have complained of a buzzing type noise when I am in chat party on xbox live.

I've seen it mentioned about other headsets.

Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? Hopefully it's not an issue with the headset.

Thanks

Do you have the controller charging while the headset is connected to the controller?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you have the controller charging while the headset is connected to the controller?

No emmet, Ive never really noticed it as normally its just a small chat party but they complained of a buzzing noise.

If its a problem with the headset, Id return them as its pointless if I cant use them as intended. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No emmet, Ive never really noticed it as normally its just a small chat party but they complained of a buzzing noise.

If its a problem with the headset, Id return them as its pointless if I cant use them as intended. :o

You won't hear the buzzing yourself. Loads of headsets cause buzzing for other party members if you have your controller charging while the headset is also plugged into that controller.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You won't hear the buzzing yourself. Loads of headsets cause buzzing for other party members if you have your controller charging while the headset is also plugged into that controller.

sorry, I meant 'no' about charging. :o

I only use rechargeable batteries and not the ones that require the controller to be connected to charge

Advertisement