Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So the LS35X has been announced, and it's got an official Xbox License this time, meaning there's finally no cables involved.

Should be able to connect to PCs with the Xbox Wireless Adapter, or if the PC has the Xbox Wireless tech built in.

I was going to look into the LS40s as an upgrade, but these have jumped to the top of my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

CatInABox wrote: »
    So the LS35X has been announced, and it's got an official Xbox License this time, meaning there's finally no cables involved.

Should be able to connect to PCs with the Xbox Wireless Adapter, or if the PC has the Xbox Wireless tech built in.

I was going to look into the LS40s as an upgrade, but these have jumped to the top of my list.

Dolby Atmos compatibility. This will go nicely with the Scorpio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

Hi guys . I don't know much about headsets and which are compatible for xbox one. Looking to buy something with surround sound. Is it possible to buy a good pair for 100 or less. ?
    Has anyone got any recommendations? Thanks in advance .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Looking for a (very) very cheap headset for the lad's Xbox One if anyone knows of one please. Online (with relatively quick delivery times) or bricks and Mortar is fine.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

New Razer headset on the way, looks nice. Article on Verge

Also two new Turtle Beach headsets: Stealth 700 and the Stealth 600

Stealth 700 is interesting, connects via wireless to your console (like your controller) and bluetooth to other devices, so no need for an external hub or dongle, and looks like it might come in under €200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

ibFoxer wrote: »
    New Razer headset on the way, looks nice. Article on Verge

Also two new Turtle Beach headsets: Stealth 700 and the Stealth 600

Stealth 700 is interesting, connects via wireless to your console (like your controller) and bluetooth to other devices, so no need for an external hub or dongle, and looks like it might come in under €200

How many headsets do you own at the moment? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

any Dolby atmos headsets announced?

since the x will support it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'm also a headphone whore. Both for gaming and audio. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Nowhere near enough :D

Don't tell Mrs Foxer :confused:

dunworth1 wrote: »
    any Dolby atmos headsets announced?

since the x will support it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dolby Atmos is virtual surround sound and works with any stereo headphones, but I'm sure you need a decent pair to take full advantage.

Here's how to set it up on Xbox One.

Has anyone tried it? I'm thinking of getting the LS30 for this.

There's also Windows Sonic, Microsoft's native implementation of Dolby Atmos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I opened the Atmos app but it seems to be a subscription service.

I opened the Atmos app but it seems to be a subscription service.

Really? That's pretty bad. Windows sonic apparently is just as good. It's built in so no app or subscription needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

qrx wrote: »
    Really? That's pretty bad. Windows sonic apparently is just as good. It's built in so no app or subscription needed.

I was hoping someone here might be able to clarify if it is a subscription service or is it some extra features that are premium.

*Just looked. It's €18 for the atmos app.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Folks, I posted a while back about a headset, finally getting around to picking one but some are comptatible with a jack or the other type of connection

My controller has jack and a weird longer connection (https://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Controller-Bottom.jpg)

Which type do i go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Folks, I posted a while back about a headset, finally getting around to picking one but some are comptatible with a jack or the other type of connection

My controller has jack and a weird longer connection (https://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Controller-Bottom.jpg)

Which type do i go for?

good deal here on a wirless one
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=900542

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

These are the old model, which still require a wire to the controller for mic to work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The next gen Headsets are being unveiled/released soon, which connect to the Xbox (and supported PCs) directly, with no need for adapters or cables.

Turtle Beach have the Stealth 600, releasing at the start of September, while LucidSound have the LS15x and LS35X releasing at the start of December (although this is US only for the moment).

Be interesting to see how these work out, I love my LS30s, so will have to check out the reviews of the LS35x to see if it's a worthy upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

CatInABox wrote: »
    The next gen Headsets are being unveiled/released soon, which connect to the Xbox (and supported PCs) directly, with no need for adapters or cables.

Turtle Beach have the Stealth 600, releasing at the start of September, while LucidSound have the LS15x and LS35X releasing at the start of December (although this is US only for the moment).

Be interesting to see how these work out, I love my LS30s, so will have to check out the reviews of the LS35x to see if it's a worthy upgrade.
    Out of curiosity, have you had any issues with your LS30's? For the past couple of weeks, mine have been dropping the connection to the dongle. As in, I'll hear a beep, sound will drop for a second or so, followed by another beep.

I love the sound from them, but they're coming up to a year old now so almost out of warranty, and I've already replaced them once. The first replacement was due to the headband basically snapping.

I bought them in Argos, but they don't seem to stock them any more. But they currently have the Gen 2 Astro A50's for €150 or so, which would be a nice replacement/ upgrade.

Out of curiosity, have you had any issues with your LS30's? For the past couple of weeks, mine have been dropping the connection to the dongle. As in, I'll hear a beep, sound will drop for a second or so, followed by another beep.

I love the sound from them, but they're coming up to a year old now so almost out of warranty, and I've already replaced them once. The first replacement was due to the headband basically snapping.

I bought them in Argos, but they don't seem to stock them any more. But they currently have the Gen 2 Astro A50's for €150 or so, which would be a nice replacement/ upgrade.

So as an update to this, brought the LS30's back today, cos the drop outs were just starting to happen far too often. Picked up the Astro A50's.

LS30's are good, but these are in a different league altogether. Stereo sound quality is just that little bit more crisp. Surround sound is fantastic. Comfort...they have the one thing I wish the LS30's had, velour covering on the ear cups. They just don't get as warm, which is nice.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

A50s are the best headset I ever owned in terms of sound and comfort, but unfortunately my pair were plagued with the all-too-common freezing issue and I returned them for a pair of TBs instead (found Astro support to be absolutely useless). I hope they have fixed that in the latest generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

awec wrote: »
    A50s are the best headset I ever owned in terms of sound and comfort, but unfortunately my pair were plagued with the all-too-common freezing issue and I returned them for a pair of TBs instead (found Astro support to be absolutely useless). I hope they have fixed that in the latest generation.

I've had mine for a year now and never had them freeze.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I've had mine for a year now and never had them freeze.

If they've got rid of that defect then they're definitely the best on the market IMO.

I have TB Elite 800X now and they're definitely a step below the Astros. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

awec wrote: »
    If they've got rid of that defect then they're definitely the best on the market IMO.

I have TB Elite 800X now and they're definitely a step below the Astros. :(

I bought the Astros A50 when Argos reduced the new ones instead of the older model (one that needed the chat cable).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I bought the Astros A50 when Argos reduced the new ones instead of the older model (one that needed the chat cable).

Likewise and I've never once had an issue with them aside from maybe having to plug out the base once or twice to reset them.

Yea it was the older model with the chat cable that had the issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No, this one's got the chat cable for the XBone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭gmg678

did anyone pick up the Turtle beach stealth 600 or 700? I was looking at 700s but am not reading great things. a buzzing in the ears an connections issues. any one know has this been resolved yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Don't think it has. My last TB headset from a few gears ago had a buzzing issue too.
    Swore i'd never buy a TB product again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭gmg678

Don't think it has. My last TB headset from a few gears ago had a buzzing issue too.
    Swore i'd never buy a TB product again.
    I have a pair xo 7s for the past 3+years and they have been great. only reasons I was new headset is, I would like a true wireless one and the ear pads are starting to peel on mine.
    I think I will get the LucidSound LS35X when they come out, can only order from Amazon.com and shipping seems pricy to get them sent over here.

Advertisement