Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I think my ones were the 500x. Horrible buzzing and they had a vice like grip. So uncomfortable.
    Had the LS30's before and really liked them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭175010012017

gmg678 wrote: »
    did anyone pick up the Turtle beach stealth 600 or 700? I was looking at 700s but am not reading great things. a buzzing in the ears an connections issues. any one know has this been resolved yet?

I picked the Stealth 600 up a few days before they officially were released. Had the exact same problems (noise in left ear and disconnects).
    I can't recommend them.
    Went through troubleshooting with TB. Wasn't solved.
    I brought them back to the shop after TB admitted it's a hardware issue.

You could try updating them: http://www.turtlebeach.com/en-us/audiohub

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

Iv spent 1000s on TB headsets over the years and they always tend to go out buzzing!

Once I notice the buzz i just trade them into CEX and use the cash against the price of a new pair in gamestop , Im shooting myself in the foot saying this publicly but feck it they "test" them as i stand there so no guilt here

Astros are decent but not as comfy as the TB sets imo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,088 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EMPunk wrote: »
    Astros are decent but not as comfy as the TB sets imo

I've had a few different headsets over the years including the Turtlebeach Ear Force Bravo, Turtlebeach XO Ones, Turtlebeach Stealth 500x, Triton Pro Plus, Triton Warheads and now I have Astros A50.

The Astros are the most comfortable and most premium feeling of all of those for me. The Warheads were a very close second, and I was seriously annoyed when I couldn't use them for game chat after switching to the One.

What's the best offering in the wired section?.

Is there a wired equivalent of say the Stealth that might be cheaper since most ppl want to go wireless?.

Can't say I'm too keen on wireless headsets/headphones.... call me old fashioned but I'd feel more confident of wired headphones lasting provided they're looked after.

Is that an unfounded idea btw?!. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I picked the Stealth 600 up a few days before they officially were released. Had the exact same problems (noise in left ear and disconnects).
    I can't recommend them.
    Went through troubleshooting with TB. Wasn't solved.
    I brought them back to the shop after TB admitted it's a hardware issue.

You could try updating them: http://www.turtlebeach.com/en-us/audiohub

It was worth waiting for the update. They were totally unusable on release but the firmware update solved all the issues and I've been using them without an issue since updating.
    What's the best offering in the wired section?

Cant go too far wrong with the HyperX Cloud X.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

bucks73 wrote: »
    It was worth waiting for the update. They were totally unusable on release but the firmware update solved all the issues and I've been using them without an issue since updating.

i bought the 700 two weeks ago from GameStop i had them ordered but they were delayed because apparently, TB recalled most of the orders to fix the buzzing issue

its a great headset

argree you cant to wrong with the hyperx good solid headset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

bucks73 wrote: »

Maybe it's just mine, but the volume control is very bad on this headset. When I use it, it crackles and pops, and sometimes I have to jiggle it to get proper sound. Most times, I keep it at maximum and control the volume from the phone. I use this headset on the go a lot, on my commute and in the office.

New Astro A20 is out. They look good and at a reasonable price.

JoyPad wrote: »
    Maybe it's just mine, but the volume control is very bad on this headset. When I use it, it crackles and pops, and sometimes I have to jiggle it to get proper sound. Most times, I keep it at maximum and control the volume from the phone. I use this headset on the go a lot, on my commute and in the office.

Never had an issue with the sound myself. I use it for gaming and also listening to music/youtube on the iPad and never had any crackling or popping. Sounds like it could be an issue with yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Hey Guys/Girls,

I've just bought a xbox 1 and I'm wondering do either of my ps4 heatsets work with it? (it hasn't been delivered yet so that's why I haven't tried)

I have a Turtle Beach p12 and on the box it says for PS4 but no mention of Xbox so I assume these are out of the question?

I also have an afterglow headset but I cant for the life of me remember the full title, they are wireless and about three years old

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Hey Guys/Girls,

I've just bought a xbox 1 and I'm wondering do either of my ps4 heatsets work with it? (it hasn't been delivered yet so that's why I haven't tried)

I have a Turtle Beach p12 and on the box it says for PS4 but no mention of Xbox so I assume these are out of the question?

I also have an afterglow headset but I cant for the life of me remember the full title, they are wireless and about three years old

If they have a 3.5mm jack you should be able to plug them into the controller no bother. I'm not sure the usb connection would work though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If they have a 3.5mm jack you should be able to plug them into the controller no bother. I'm not sure the usb connection would work though.

ah ok, the p12's only have a usb connection I think.

the afterglows are plugged in to the usb to allow charging I think and then into the audio slot at the back of the ps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

New Astro A20 is out. They look good and at a reasonable price.

I got them. There pretty good. Dolby Atmos stuff sounds great. Also, works great on my PC, and it only needs the USB cable on my PC too :).

SeanHarty wrote: »
    ah ok, the p12's only have a usb connection I think.

the afterglows are plugged in to the usb to allow charging I think and then into the audio slot at the back of the ps.

p12's didn't work afterglows did

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I did some testing.

Gears of War 4 act 2 "all geared up" I played from the start until the threat was eliminated.

I played 3 times switching between Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos.

Atmos was clearly better. Windows Sonic sounded incredibly flat. Now the game is Atmos supported so it's not exactly a surprise.

If everyone wants to repeat the same please do. If you are using a premium headset be sure to switch it to stereo mode before using either audio mode.

I did some testing.

Gears of War 4 act 2 "all geared up" I played from the start until the threat was eliminated.

I played 3 times switching between Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos.

Atmos was clearly better. Windows Sonic sounded incredibly flat. Now the game is Atmos supported so it's not exactly a surprise.

If everyone wants to repeat the same please do. If you are using a premium headset be sure to switch it to stereo mode before using either audio mode.

Would there be much of an improvement with Atmos on A50s?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would there be much of an improvement with Atmos on A50s?

You know Emmet i tried both today in Wildlands and i reckoned Sonic was better. Of course it's going to be game dependant and i will try a few more games in the 30 day trial and make a call on it then, but it's worth looking into it yourself too because one man's music is another's noise.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    You know Emmet i tried both today in Wildlands and i reckoned Sonic was better. Of course it's going to be game dependant and i will try a few more games in the 30 day trial and make a call on it then, but it's worth looking into it yourself too because one man's music is another's noise.

Do you not have to buy the Atmos app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you not have to buy the Atmos app?

There's a 29 day trial before you have to splash the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

anyone that picked up the TB stealth 600/700 have they fixed all the issues(dropping connection, buzzing sound Etc) with the updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

What would you recommend to use for both Xbox 1 and ps4?

I'd say around €50-100.
    I also have a barely used xbox 1 controller that I could trade in to cex or similar against some headphones.

I'm currently playing fortnite and forza

Cheers :)

Blanchy90 wrote: »

I'd say around €50-100.
    I also have a barely used xbox 1 controller that I could trade in to cex or similar against some headphones.

Astro A10?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'd say around €50-100.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-accessories/hyperx-cloud-ii-headset-gunmetal/p/158082

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'd say around €50-100.

You could get the Lucidsound LS30 which are completely wireless on PS4 for around that budget.

They only have a single wire to the controller on the Xbox One too.

Fantastic, high quality, stereo sound.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LucidSound-LS30-Wireless-Gaming-Headset/dp/B017NDOXSQ

Probably cheaper than that out there. I got mine for a good price from Argos when I bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

gmg678 wrote: »
    anyone that picked up the TB stealth 600/700 have they fixed all the issues(dropping connection, buzzing sound Etc) with the updates?

Picked the 600s up on release and were unusable until Turtle Beach released a firmware update after a week. Havent had a single issue since. Not once have I had a dropped connection or buzzing. I'd have to move into the next room around 20-30 feet away for it to start dropping connection. Finding them fantastic. Really light and comfortable and mic monitoring is a big plus over the Cloud X's I have also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Are the 6/700s truly wireless now?

Looking at getting a fully wireless headset that will work for me on the xbox and PS4. Stealths seem to have a different version for each though, any way to make them work with both?

maximoose wrote: »
    Are the 6/700s truly wireless now?

Looking at getting a fully wireless headset that will work for me on the xbox and PS4. Stealths seem to have a different version for each though, any way to make them work with both?

Yep. Headset connects directly to console. No wire to controller and no dongle to plug into console. No idea about getting to work on both console though as I only have Xbox.

• Advertisement

I think they are console specific.

Advertisement