Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's annoying.

Think I'll keep an eye on the price of Lucidsound LS40s, seem to tick all the boxes

Appears they need a 3.5mm cable to controller. Feck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Guys/Girls,

Best headset for about 50euro?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Guys/Girls,

Best headset for about 50euro?

Thanks in advance!

Sennheiser GSP 107

or

HyperX Cloud Stinger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

ibFoxer wrote: »

Appreciate the help! Gonna pick up one of them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Appreciate the help! Gonna pick up one of them!

Those Stingers are very good for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I did some testing.

Gears of War 4 act 2 "all geared up" I played from the start until the threat was eliminated.

I played 3 times switching between Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos.

Atmos was clearly better. Windows Sonic sounded incredibly flat. Now the game is Atmos supported so it's not exactly a surprise.

If everyone wants to repeat the same please do. If you are using a premium headset be sure to switch it to stereo mode before using either audio mode.

I bought my cousin a hyperx cloud 2 headset, will Atmos work on these. Its just plugged into the joy pad at the moment. Can he plug the usb into the Xbox. I'm thinking surround sound won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

deco nate wrote: »
    I bought my cousin a hyperx cloud 2 headset, will Atmos work on these. Its just plugged into the joy pad at the moment. Can he plug the usb into the Xbox. I'm thinking surround sound won't work.

Atmos is virtual surround sound so your cousin won't need the USB wire part. He can keep this part for PC use when he/she wants to get virtual surround sound on PC.

Plug the 3.5mm wire from the headset into the Xbox controller and from there go to audio settings and turn on Atmos. There is a 14 day trial then a once of payment of something like €17-19 which gives you Atmos on up to 10 devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

fifth wrote: »
    Got a pair of Turtle Beach XO Sevens today so I'll try them out tomorrow and report back.

Be very gentle with them. The clips off the earpieces can break off with prolonged use. I’ve gone through two pairs but luckily I caught the 2nd pair early enough and wrapped black tape around each of them. I’d advise you to do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Atmos is virtual surround sound so your cousin won't need the USB wire part. He can keep this part for PC use when he/she wants to get virtual surround sound on PC.

Plug the 3.5mm wire from the headset into the Xbox controller and from there go to audio settings and turn on Atmos. There is a 14 day trial then a once of payment of something like €17-19 which gives you Atmos on up to 10 devices.
    Thanks, just had a go of it. Gonna get myself a headset after hearing it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

I'm thinking about picking up a headset soon and was looking at the turtle beach stealth 600 or hyperx cloud 2 but not sure which one to go with, the 600's have the wireless but that's not overly important because I don't mind having to connect to the controller. The other option is to just get a cheaper headset like the hyperx cloud stinger because I don't be online much, but I do have PUBG coming with the xbox and would like to give that a go so would need one for that at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I had a set of those Stingers and they are great for the price. Really good mic quality too.

dor83 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about picking up a headset soon and was looking at the turtle beach stealth 600 or hyperx cloud 2 but not sure which one to go with, the 600's have the wireless but that's not overly important because I don't mind having to connect to the controller. The other option is to just get a cheaper headset like the hyperx cloud stinger because I don't be online much, but I do have PUBG coming with the xbox and would like to give that a go so would need one for that at least.

I'd go with the Hyper X cloud 2.

I own the stealth 700 which has the same headset style as the 600. I also own the cloud 2 headset. The quality and sound isolation is way better on the hyper X cloud 2. Yes, its wired but IMO its better and more comfortable.

Combine your headset with Dolby Atmos and you have a really great sound setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

dor83 wrote: »

I just got the hyperx cloud 2 and from the little amount I've used them i find them amazing

Windows Sonic sounds great to me on the LS30's, don't feel the need to pay for Atmos.

Go into a bar in Witcher 3 :). A band playing music and the sound of chitter chatter. It really adds to the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

Thanks for the advice, seems like the Hyperx cloud 2 is the most popular of the ones I was looking at. I was looking at the creative sound blasterx h5 tournament edition last night too, has anyone here used them and what do you think of them compared to the cloud 2?

I've had the Hyper X Could X headset for a good while now but only really started using them properly over Christmas playing PUBG etc. I'm not a big online gamer up until now.

I've a problem with them though.

When I adjust or occasionally brush the volume control dial, the sound has a tendency to cut out completely. I then have to keep turning the dial up and down slowly until I hit the "sweet spot" for a lack of better term and the sound comes back. I can be fiddling with the dial for a good 2 minutes for it to come back though so it's annoying when playing a team game online and I can't hear teammates.

I have volume up to max etc in the settings on Xbox and I also get the same problem when listening to music on my iPod with the headset.

I think I got them last summer though so I can't bring them back at this stage so was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what might be wrong?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I've a problem with them though.

I said the same about this headset not too long ago.

From what I know of electronics, the volume wheel turns a variable resistor, most likely a potentiometer (3 pins for each channel). These are mechanical devices that are prone to mechanical faults.

If my headset stops working completely, I will crack open the volume control case and attempt to short-circuit each channel, thus having the volume fixed on maximum level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭Soarer

Evening lads.

What's the cheapest xbox one headset that can take advantage of Dolby Atmos?

Bought a Turtle Beach X03 reduced to €48 in Gamestop. It's surround sound capable, so assume it'll cope with Atmos?

The kid got a €50 for them for Christmas, so happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Soarer wrote: »
    Bought a Turtle Beach X03 reduced to €48 in Gamestop. It's surround sound capable, so assume it'll cope with Atmos?

The kid got a €50 for them for Christmas, so happy days.

I think Atmos is digital anyway so it works on any headset?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think Atmos is digital anyway so it works on any headset?

Haven't a clue.

This is literally the first headset that's been in the house for nearly 12 years, so way out of touch.

Soarer wrote: »
    Haven't a clue.

This is literally the first headset that's been in the house for nearly 12 years, so way out of touch.

It will work perfectly with ATMOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Is Atmos worth getting?

Personally I prefer Sonic, but there’s a free trial of Atmos available so it’s worth checking out, each to their own and all

For xbox headsets, do you need to hook them up to the xbox or do they power off the controller? Looking for one with a mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

For xbox headsets, do you need to hook them up to the xbox or do they power off the controller? Looking for one with a mic.

depends on the headset

some have a dongle that plugs into the console and is wireless for game audio but requires to be plugged into the controller for the mic

some plug directly into the 3.5mm jack on the controller and get the power from that

some are 100% wireless

whats your budget?
    and does your controller have the 3.5mm jack on it?

you can spend anywhere from €30-€400+ on a headset

dunworth1 wrote: »
    depends on the headset

some have a dongle that plugs into the console and is wireless for game audio but requires to be plugged into the controller for the mic

some plug directly into the 3.5mm jack on the controller and get the power from that

some are 100% wireless

whats your budget?
    and does your controller have the 3.5mm jack on it?

you can spend anywhere from €30-€400+ on a headset
    Yes i have the 3.mm jack. Budget is €50. Don't need completely wireless, just to the controller will do. But Wire to the xbox is asking for an accident as it will stretch across the room.

I'm thinking the LS20's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Yes i have the 3.mm jack. Budget is €50. Don't need completely wireless, just to the controller will do. But Wire to the xbox is asking for an accident as it will stretch across the room.

I'm thinking the LS20's.

the ls20 are a decent headset

another option to consider is
    Plantronics RIG 500HX

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-RIG-500HX-Gaming-Headset-black/dp/B016LK5F3E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521585706&sr=8-1&keywords=RIG+500HX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭gmg678

Picked up the Stealth 700 over the weekend. People were complaining when these released so held off getting them.
    Have to say I am enjoying them. playing PUBG with windows sonic on and the other settings on the headset. I could pick up foot steps from other players in other buildings a good distance away and could tell where they were. Only down side to them so far is you need a PC/laptop to update the firmware when you get them. There is a neat little app you can get which you can control the headset instead of pressing the buttons on the side.
    It connects to the Xbox like a controller and to your phone through Bluetooth.

Advertisement