Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

The only thing that annoys me about the stealth 700 is when there’s firmware update you can’t use the app until you update and then you have to repair with the Xbox after the update

Otherwise they are a decent headset

The odd time people complain that I’m too low on the mic but it normally sorts itself out after a few minutes

Went with the Ls20's. Great value for money. Only nit picking I can say is that the cups are on the small side, which I wasn't expecting but then again these can be used for general purpose listening to music on your phone etc. so smaller size is more practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

dunworth1 wrote: »
    The only thing that annoys me about the stealth 700 is when there’s  firmware update you can’t use the app until you update and then you have to repair with the Xbox after the update

Otherwise they are a decent headset

The odd time people complain that I’m too low on the mic but it normally sorts itself out after a few minutes
    how often are the updates? I like the head set that I can hear my self through them less shouting at friends in games now!

gmg678 wrote: »
    how often are the updates? I like the head set that I can hear my self through them less shouting at friends in games now!

Before Christmas there was one every couple of weeks
    After there’s been two I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This headset worth getting for 55?

Yup, defo. Have Cloud II's a few years myself and couldn't be happier.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yup, defo. Have Cloud II's a few years myself and couldn't be happier.

May get them and sell my PS4 headset I've the gold white ones wonder would the headsets be similar quality, as my PlayStation ones don't seem to work with Xbox even with the cable I'm having trouble..

Is it USB cable or can you plug into headphone jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is it USB cable or can you plug into headphone jack?

3.5mm afaik

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    3.5mm afaik

Purchased it anyways cheers for fast reply

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just got home with one of these and the discovered I need a headset adaptor to use it. Very annoying. As it's not very clear on the box.

Official adaptor is €29.99. Which kind of defeats the point of getting a bargain headset.

Are there any alternative adaptors available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just got home with one of these and the discovered I need a headset adaptor to use it. Very annoying. As it's not very clear on the box.

Official adaptor is €29.99. Which kind of defeats the point of getting a bargain headset.

Are there any alternative adaptors available?

It clearly shows the 3.5mm connector on the box.

Do you have one of the old controllers? All the new ones have the standard headphone jack.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Do you have one of the old controllers? All the new ones have the standard headphone jack.

It may clearly show a 3.5m jack but box clearly says Xbox One and does not show adaptor required.

Obvioulsy I have an old controller as it wouldn't be an issue otherwise.

Anyhow, I'll just have to get an adaptor somewhere.

It may clearly show a 3.5m jack but box clearly says Xbox One and does not show adaptor required.

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset?partnum=KHX-HSCP-RD

It shows on the website the headset plugged into the Elite Pad but I don't see them mention an adaptor may be needed.

There is a video further down the page showing it connecting to an older One controller.

Might be worth emailing Hyperx customer support.

Edit: I just watched the video and it does state you need the adaptor.

youd be better off trading in your old controller into cex (€21 cash)

and buying a new controller Argos have the new ones for 50

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

TitianGerm wrote: »

Yeah, at this stage, you'd be better off looking for a bargain new controller

Ok that's a decent tip. Any other advantages to the newer controller?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, at this stage, you'd be better off looking for a bargain new controller

Cheapest I can see is £40 from Amazon but the coloured ones are only €50 in Argos.

Ok that's a decent tip. Any other advantages to the newer controller?

they also have Bluetooth for connecting to windows 10 pcs

and i think they have a slight textured grip on them now

• Advertisement

Thanks again for this. Got a new controller today in Argos for €49.99 and will sell my older one to CEX in the next few days.

So I've got a decent headset and new controller for around €83.

Thanks again for this. Got a new controller today in Argos for €49.99 and will sell my older one to CEX in the next few days.

So I've got a decent headset and new controller for around €83.

great stuff happy to help

this is what boards is all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Currently i have a crappy bluetooth headset that i got free somewhere connected to my tv and use that for both late night tv and gaming with the all audio going via the TV to headset. I'd like to upgrade these but really like the convenience of having a headset connected to the TV rather than a set connected exclusively to the xbox. TV has optical out and hdmi arc.
    Any suggestions on an upgrade?
    Is there a way to do this and have chat functionality?
    Would it possibly support 7.1 or would it just be stereo?

Can't recommend the Lucidsound LS20's unfortunately. It needs to be charged up which is a real pain and does not give a low battery indicator. Chat mic stopped working so was using built in mic. Then that stopped working. Brought them back and went for Astro A10's. Comfortably fit, no charging, decent sound, great mic..happy gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

here's a stupid question:
    young fella has just got a Turtle Beach Stealth600

should I still hear damn Fortnight from the tv?
    he's chatting away to his friends, i cant hear them, but the game sounds are coming out of the tv.
    is this a setting on the xbox? (1S)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

here's a stupid question:
    young fella has just got a Turtle Beach Stealth600

should I still hear damn Fortnight from the tv?
    he's chatting away to his friends, i cant hear them, but the game sounds are coming out of the tv.
    is this a setting on the xbox? (1S)

Just turn the TV down?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Just turn the TV down?

well that was embarrassing.
    :D

You have to set the audio to Dolby Digital in the sound settings on Xbox as far as i remember. Can his friends hear him on chat?

You have to set the audio to Dolby Digital in the sound settings on Xbox as far as i remember. Can his friends hear him on chat?

they're all chatting away, i could hear the game sounds from the tv.
    im sorted though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, I night be going to pick up a headset next week. I heard good things about stealth 600 ones. They are 99 quid and connect directly to xbox.
    I think there are 700x ones for 169eu too. Are they worth extra money?

Advertisement