Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Lads, I night be going to pick up a headset next week. I heard good things about stealth 600 ones. They are 99 quid and connect directly to xbox.
    I think there are 700x ones for 169eu too. Are they worth extra money?

I don't like the stealth series. I have a Stealth 700 and a Elite 800X.

The stealth 600, 700 are cheap crap. Very poor build quality. Nice feature set with the Bluetooth built in. The sound is alright but its wireless signal mustn't be great, every now and then I get dips where the sound goes slighty out of tune for a second then it recovers. I would have rather got a wired €50 headset instead of any stealth series models.

The best Xbox headset I have ever bought is the 800X. I have had it almost 3 years and its still very comfortable and the sound is awesome. If you can find an 800X I recommend it. Amazon have it for around €200. It used to be priced at €300.

Regardless of what headset you buy I recommend getting the Dolby Atmos app for Xbox if you want to get the best out of any headset. If you use dolby atmos with a premium headset like the 800X be sure to switch the headset to stereo mode. It sounds odd to do that with a premium headset but it lets Atmos do its thing without any additional processing from the headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads, I night be going to pick up a headset next week. I heard good things about stealth 600 ones. They are 99 quid and connect directly to xbox.
    I think there are 700x ones for 169eu too. Are they worth extra money?

Not sure of your budget but I can't recommend the Astro A50 enough. I got them for around €200 just after they released the newest version in Argos (I know a few others on here got them at the same time).

The build and sound quality is far better than any headset I've ever had and that includes TurtleBeach Stealth 500x and Triton Warheads.

The A50s are very comfortable and the sound quality is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I currently have the hyper cloud 2 headset

Whilst it's a grand headsi would prefer a fully wireless headset as few controller Jack's now failed

Any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Not sure of your budget but I can't recommend the Astro A50 enough. I got them for around €200 just after they released the newest version in Argos (I know a few others on here got them at the same time).

The build and sound quality is far better than any headset I've ever had and that includes TurtleBeach Stealth 500x and Triton Warheads.

The A50s are very comfortable and the sound quality is excellent.

I sow that on Arogs website. The ones one sale are wireless? No mixer thing though?

My budget is only 100-150eu. Right now I am ising old xo one headset, if thats the right name. It worked for me well for 50 quid.
    I just want to give my old ones to ratty and get myself something decent. Preferably wireless as ia noticed that headphones really drain controllers battery.

I sow that on Arogs website. The ones one sale are wireless? No mixer thing though?

No I got these ones

http://www.checkargos.com/product/5717965

Argos reduced the new model instead of the previous model.

• Advertisement

So I sold my old tv today to a buddy and have the caps for that headset.

Still budget of 150ish eu. Did a bit of research in so far in my price range I got stealth 700 and astro A20.

I currently have Turtle Beach xo one, which I have for years and had no issues, really happy. So I dont really have anything against Turtle beach. I was told they will completely fall apart by just looking at them, but so far I gave it a good few hard looks and they still work. :pac:

I presume a lot of people will suggest going for A20, due to Astro brand being so strong. Thing is I like what stealth 700 offers for the price and it connects directly to xbox, instead of extra wee dongles.

Now I know, there are better headsets, but I am not spending 250-300eu on headset.
    So any thoughts lads? I already watched a good lash of youtube reviews and the more I watch, the more undecided I get. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I've had the Stealth 600s since launch and find them excellent. Also have the HyperX Cloud X and prefer the 600s for the mic monitoring and no cables/dongles. Never had a single issue since updating the firmware released about two weeks after launch.

• Administrators Posts: 53,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don't like the stealth series. I have a Stealth 700 and a Elite 800X.

The stealth 600, 700 are cheap crap. Very poor build quality. Nice feature set with the Bluetooth built in. The sound is alright but its wireless signal mustn't be great, every now and then I get dips where the sound goes slighty out of tune for a second then it recovers. I would have rather got a wired €50 headset instead of any stealth series models.

The best Xbox headset I have ever bought is the 800X. I have had it almost 3 years and its still very comfortable and the sound is awesome. If you can find an 800X I recommend it. Amazon have it for around €200. It used to be priced at €300.

Regardless of what headset you buy I recommend getting the Dolby Atmos app for Xbox if you want to get the best out of any headset. If you use dolby atmos with a premium headset like the 800X be sure to switch the headset to stereo mode. It sounds odd to do that with a premium headset but it lets Atmos do its thing without any additional processing from the headset.
    Elite 800x are ok. I have them.

They feel pretty cheap and the sound is only alright IMO. I have Cloud X2s as well and there is not much difference despite a huge price gap (and wireless). I hate the leather ear cups.

Had Astro A50s as well and they blew the 800x out of the water in terms of sound and comfort. But my pair were faulty and Astro annoyed me with their customer service so I went and replaced them with 800X.

awec wrote: »
    Elite 800x are ok. I have them.

They feel pretty cheap and the sound is only alright IMO. I have Cloud X2s as well and there is not much difference despite a huge price gap (and wireless). I hate the leather ear cups.

Had Astro A50s as well and they blew the 800x out of the water in terms of sound and comfort. But my pair were faulty and Astro annoyed me with their customer service so I went and replaced them with 800X.
    Are you sure you are using the 800X?

They have a premium feel to them and the sound is fantastic. Almost 3 years of use and the headset is still in fantastic shape, the cushioning on the cans and the bridge is still as good as day 1.

I could do with a new battery though to get it back to 11 hrs battery life.

• Administrators Posts: 53,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are you sure you are using the 800X?

They have a premium feel to them and the sound is fantastic. Almost 3 years of use and the headset is still in fantastic shape, the cushioning on the cans and the bridge is still as good as day 1.

I could do with a new battery though to get it back to 11 hrs battery life.

Yes, I am sure.

Also, IMO there are far too many sound modes and too many buttons on the headset as a result.

• Advertisement

Yes, I am sure.

Also, IMO there are far too many sound modes and too many buttons on the headset as a result.
    Just to note If you are still using the headset with Dolby Atmos or Windows sonic be sure to put the headset into stereo mode for them to work correctly.

The variety of sound modes is one of features I bought it for. "Foot step focus" mode was very helpful for Rainbow 6 Siege and then for playing single player games "Signature sound" was perfect.

I found the headset was much superior to the Astro's A50 headset at picking up the quieter sound queues. The astros were definitely louder if thats what peeps are looking for.
    Only one button on the headset switches sound modes.

Buy a really nice pair of headphones and add a modmic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Buy a really nice pair of headphones and add a modmic.

With this sort of setup do I just need a good set of normal headphones and the modmic or do I need anything else?

mcgovern wrote: »
    With this sort of setup do I just need a good set of normal headphones and the modmic or do I need anything else?

Everything you need to know.

https://antlionaudio.com/blogs/faqs/how-do-i-use-my-modmic-with-a-ps4-or-xbox-1

shutterstock_3205165.jpg

As I have gotten older I have less tolerance of wires :D

I hate them too but i used to use a modmic with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770's and it was a good setup if you're after quality sound. Clips come included to keep the cables in check.

Its not like anyone cares, but I picked up last Astro A20 in argos before work today. Decided to go with them. I know its no A50, but will do for me now.

Its not like anyone cares, but I picked up last Astro A20 in argos before work today. Decided to go with them. I know its no A50, but will do for me now.

I've A10s for the PS4. Good headset for the price. You'd imagine the A20s would be better than the A10s.

Sure with all the digital surround sound apps (Windows Sonic & Dolby Atmos) now you can't go wrong. As long as its comfortable the apps will make the sound great.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Hi all,

Sorry for posting this as it has probably been answered elsewhere but I cant seem to find it.

So my kid bought a Konix Gaming headset recently and after plugging it into the wireless controller of the xbox, nothing happens.

Is there a way to configure or sync a headset with the xbox or should it just work once it is connected? I know very little about games consoles.

If it is of any use, there is an icon on the screen that looks like a microphone wth a line through it as if muted. Also, when the headset is plugged into the connection of the TV, the sound comes through fine.

Thanks a million.

• Advertisement

Sure with all the digital surround sound apps (Windows Sonic & Dolby Atmos) now you can't go wrong. As long as its comfortable the apps will make the sound great.

Does Dolby Atmos supported with A20?

Anyway, I managed to play with A20 after work last night. So far I am very impressed. They are very laud and sound great. Comfortable too. Wireless works perfectly and managed to have almost 4h session before bed out of box and they still had charge in them left.
    Just one thing about them: they feel very very cheap.

Any idea if these would work (using 3.5mm cable rather than Bluetooth)? Baby on the way so looking for something I could use while working (work from home a few days a week) and something I could use on Xbox as well.
    Arsenium wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry for posting this as it has probably been answered elsewhere but I cant seem to find it.

So my kid bought a Konix Gaming headset recently and after plugging it into the wireless controller of the xbox, nothing happens.

Is there a way to configure or sync a headset with the xbox or should it just work once it is connected? I know very little about games consoles.

If it is of any use, there is an icon on the screen that looks like a microphone wth a line through it as if muted. Also, when the headset is plugged into the connection of the TV, the sound comes through fine.

Thanks a million.

Are you getting any sound or just no chat?

Thanks for the reply.

I dont get any sound when connected to the wireless controller. I only get sound when I plug the jack into the audio output of the TV.

Thanks for the reply.

I dont get any sound when connected to the wireless controller. I only get sound when I plug the jack into the audio output of the TV.

You might need to update the firmware of the controller - mine are quite old so not sure if this is still needed on the newer controllers with the 3.5mm port built in.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

You might need to update the firmware of the controller - mine are quite old so not sure if this is still needed on the newer controllers with the 3.5mm port built in.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

Thanks a million. I tried this last night and I get the message saying no update needed.

I wonder should I be able to just plug this in and play, or do I need to re-pair the controller to the box or something like that once I add in the new headset?

Thanks a million. I tried this last night and I get the message saying no update needed.

I wonder should I be able to just plug this in and play, or do I need to re-pair the controller to the box or something like that once I add in the new headset?

Do you not need to go into Settings in the Xbox, then to Sound and the hit the option to play sound through the headphones?

I'll check at lunchtime for the exact option.

Edit:

Go to Settings - Display & Sound - Volume.
    In here pick Headset under Party Chat Output.

Go to Settings - Display & Sound - Audio Output.
    Just see if there's any options in there that will work.

Also worth checking that the volume isn't turned right down on the headset.

Any idea if these would work (using 3.5mm cable rather than Bluetooth)? Baby on the way so looking for something I could use while working (work from home a few days a week) and something I could use on Xbox as well.

Any headphones with a 3.5mm jack will work. The only trouble you could run into is you have to stick a magnet thing that comes with the modmic onto the side of the headphones so if you buy a pair with a big curve on the earcup it might not attach too well.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you not need to go into Settings in the Xbox, then to Sound and the hit the option to play sound through the headphones?

I'll check at lunchtime for the exact option.

Edit:

Go to Settings - Display & Sound - Volume.
    In here pick Headset under Party Chat Output.

Go to Settings - Display & Sound - Audio Output.
    Just see if there's any options in there that will work.

Also worth checking that the volume isn't turned right down on the headset.

Thanks a million. We changed this to headset and still no joy. When I go into the configuration section of the controller, there are 6 options under the Firmware section..all of which are accessible except the Volume one. For some reason this greyed out.

Does Dolby Atmos supported with A20?

Anyway, I managed to play with A20 after work last night. So far I am very impressed. They are very laud and sound great. Comfortable too. Wireless works perfectly and managed to have almost 4h session before bed out of box and they still had charge in them left.
    Just one thing about them: they feel very very cheap.

Atmos supports any stereo headset so yes the A20s are supported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lads did the 800x have ****e microphones

Advertisement