Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Lads did the 800x have ****e microphones
    It did, particularly at launch. Turtle beach went with a built in microphone design which doesn't favor a quality mic sound.

Initially the mic was terrible however with a post launch update they were able to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It did, particularly at launch. Turtle beach went with a built in microphone design which doesn't favor a quality mic sound.

Initially the mic was terrible however with a post launch update they were able to fix it.

So a software update fixed it? May pick one of these up

I remember the sound was immense but the mic at launch was atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Arsenium wrote: »
    Thanks a million. We changed this to headset and still no joy. When I go into the configuration section of the controller, there are 6 options under the Firmware section..all of which are accessible except the Volume one. For some reason this greyed out.

Hi all, Just to update. I have verified the headset is functioning. I have reset the xbox console and got any updates needed. I downloaded Skype to the console and tested it with the echo test and all works fine. The headset logo appears and I can hear through the earphones (for a wired controller).

However the micrphone will still not work with any games. It's my sons system and he is on Fortnite. When you go into Fortnite it seems you can see your icon on the screen and when you speak, some bars etc come of the icon to show you are speaking. None of this happens however.

Is there any setting for Fortnite that needs to be made?

AT this stage it looks like we have a nice set of headphones for Skype or Netflix but no use for games.

Hi all, Just to update. I have verified the headset is functioning. I have reset the xbox console and got any updates needed. I downloaded Skype to the console and tested it with the echo test and all works fine. The headset logo appears and I can hear through the earphones (for a wired controller).

However the micrphone will still not work with any games. It's my sons system and he is on Fortnite. When you go into Fortnite it seems you can see your icon on the screen and when you speak, some bars etc come of the icon to show you are speaking. None of this happens however.

Is there any setting for Fortnite that needs to be made?

AT this stage it looks like we have a nice set of headphones for Skype or Netflix but no use for games.
    Does he have a child account on Xbox with chat turned off perhaps?

Are there parental controls active on the Xbox.

Does he have a child account on Xbox with chat turned off perhaps?

Are there parental controls active on the Xbox.

No the account is set with adult access. The parental controls are not switched on.

• Advertisement

No the account is set with adult access. The parental controls are not switched on.

What about party chat? can other gamers hear him in party chat?

What about party chat? can other gamers hear him in party chat?

He doesnt have any friends in Party chat. IT seems if you speak in Party chat, your icon should show that you are speaking and that would indicate that the mic is working...but that's not happening either....

Are you sure the mic isn't muted?

Are you sure the mic isn't muted?

Yep. The volume is turned up. We can test it 100% fine using Skype on the XBOX. It's very confusing...

Yep. The volume is turned up. We can test it 100% fine using Skype on the XBOX. It's very confusing...

It's more than likely something in the sound settings that's giving you the problems. If the mic is working for Skype then it should be working in game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

He doesnt have any friends in Party chat. IT seems if you speak in Party chat, your icon should show that you are speaking and that would indicate that the mic is working...but that's not happening either....

Can you add one of us to test it out maybe, just to be 100%?

What happens when you plug a wired headset from a phone in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sorry if this has been covered

someone has given my son a brand new boxed Gioteck HCC Mono Chat Headset for Xbox 360 & he's wondering if he can use it on his Xbox One ?

It has a 2.5mm jack on it - is it as simple as getting a 2.5 to 3.5mm converter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Im practically reviving a zombie thread so apologies in advance. :(

Going to get a new Wireless headset and I have been leaning towards the Astros A50 or Razer ultimate and can't make my mind up.

While I am primarily on the OneX, is there any option that is wireless on the PS Pro as well? Im guessing two base stations?

Is there any option out there in that price range that I should consider? Sennheiser, logitech, etc?

Currently using LS30s but fancy an upgrade.

Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I just bought 2 pairs of the Plantronics RIG 800LX.
    I bought these for myself and my brother to replace ageing Turtle Beach headsets and because they offer full Dolby Atmos support (which is an amazing app).

I have to say I love the Plantronics, they are unbelievably comfortable and the sound is very good out of them. It says a charge lasts 24 hours but I charged mine over a week ago and it is still reading as battery level (high).

I refuse to pay the extortionate prices for Astros A50. They are over double the price of the Plantronics and the Plantronics allows for replaceable parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

ZiabR wrote: »
    I just bought 2 pairs of the Plantronics RIG 800LX.
    I bought these for myself and my brother to replace ageing Turtle Beach headsets and because they offer full Dolby Atmos support (which is an amazing app).

I have to say I love the Plantronics, they are unbelievably comfortable and the sound is very good out of them. It says a charge lasts 24 hours but I charged mine over a week ago and it is still reading as battery level (high).

I refuse to pay the extortionate prices for Astros A50. They are over double the price of the Plantronics and the Plantronics allows for replaceable parts.

Thanks for sharing! I'm coming to EOL with my LS30s and I really like the look of those.

Although I mostly game on the X like Amadablam, I'd be left stuck for the Pro. Do you know if the 800HS are the PS4 equivalent?

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing! I'm coming to EOL with my LS30s and I really like the look of those.

Although I mostly game on the X like Amadablam, I'd be left stuck for the Pro. Do you know if the 800HS are the PS4 equivalent?

Yes the XL is the Xbox version and the HS is the Playstation version. The headset is identical on both. The only difference is the little USB wireless broadcasting unit that is plugged into the console.

I got mine on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

amadablam wrote: »
    Im practically reviving a zombie thread so apologies in advance. :(

Going to get a new Wireless headset and I have been leaning towards the Astros A50 or Razer ultimate and can't make my mind up.

While I am primarily on the OneX, is there any option that is wireless on the PS Pro as well? Im guessing two base stations?

Is there any option out there in that price range that I should consider? Sennheiser, logitech, etc?

Currently using LS30s but fancy an upgrade.

Thanks folks.

What about these or these?

Personally, i have the A50's and i think they are absolutely the best headset i have ever used. Admittedly i purchased them in Argos when they were marked down incorrectly but i'd consider even now at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

Hi,

Did anyone get the lidl headset this christmas? I can't figure out how to get it to work with the xbox one.......

Any help would be appreciated.

JRBY

jrby wrote: »
    Hi,

Did anyone get the lidl headset this christmas? I can't figure out how to get it to work with the xbox one.......

Any help would be appreciated.

JRBY

What is the make and model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

its the silvercrest gaming headset......picture attached. It says its xbox one compataible on the side, but a bit lacking in instructions and i've tried various combinations of plugging it in......

jrby wrote: »
    its the silvercrest gaming headset......picture attached. It says its xbox one compataible on the side, but a bit lacking in instructions and i've tried various combinations of plugging it in......

May seem like a silly question but what version of the xbox one are you using and how old is it? Do you have the Gen 1 or the Gen 2/ Gen 3? The difference is the 3.5mm jack on the base of the controller.

If you have the 3.5mm jack, it should be a simple case of plugging the headset in and you should get sound.

ZiabR wrote:

Hey man,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of these.
    I've seen some complaints online about bass distortion on at least one of the EQ settings.
    Got any insight on that???

I'm now also reading they don't really handle high volumes well.
    I like to blow my head off when I'm playing.

I'm looking at LS35Xs now.
    Not much of a change from the LS30s I have, but I could never fault the sound (which is the most important factor for me).

€230 delivered from Amazon.

It's between the Plantronics Rig 800, Razer Thresher, and LS35Xs

I'm now second guessing the importance of wireless to me.

If I was to go wired (it would suit both the X and the Pro) does anyone have any suggestions for really good sound quality?
    Using the LS30s digitally has always provided a much superior sound than when wired to the controller. I'm wondering if to get the best our of a high end wired headset, does it have to be connected directly to the console?

I've already bought the Atmos app for the Xbox but I were to use the headset for both, I guess it should be a 7.1

As an aside, does anyone think Microsoft will hold on to their proprietary audio connection in the next gen?

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Hey man,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of these.
    I've seen some complaints online about bass distortion on at least one of the EQ settings.
    Got any insight on that???

Hey, I cant say I have come across any issues personally with mine. I game approx 5 days a week in the evenings and have yet to get this problem.

I am playing RE2, BF5, Anthem, WoT, Apex Legends, Mutant Road to Eden at the moment so I am playing a good mix of games. Now I don't want to say that the issue is not present but I have had no problems with any game to date.

Did the reviews happen to say what games if any this Bass issue is linked to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

amadablam wrote: »

My son sat on his Astro A50s headset and broke it beyond repair. The whole build is flimsy plastic, it didn't take a lot of pressure for the head band to snap, as well as the wire underneath.

JoyPad wrote: »
    My son sat on his Astro A50s headset and broke it beyond repair. The whole build is flimsy plastic, it didn't take a lot of pressure for the head band to snap, as well as the wire underneath.

That and the fact that the price is extortionate. The Astro A50s are not worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JoyPad wrote: »

Mine are working perfectly for nearly 3 years now. I got them for €160 or something like that when Argos made a error and reduced the new ones instead of the old model.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    Hey, I cant say I have come across any issues personally with mine. I game approx 5 days a week in the evenings and have yet to get this problem.

I am playing RE2, BF5, Anthem, WoT, Apex Legends, Mutant Road to Eden at the moment so I am playing a good mix of games. Now I don't want to say that the issue is not present but I have had no problems with any game to date.

Did the reviews happen to say what games if any this Bass issue is linked to?

Would you ever crank the volume right up?

There were no specific games mentioned really, I just saw it reported across a few review sites and in the comments. The problem only seemed to present itself at high/full volume.

I've no doubt they're an awesome headset, and I really like the look of them, but when I'm dropping €200 I want to be sure I don't regret it.

I'm hearing that the sound quality on the LS35Xs wins out over the three I've mentioned.

Considering I was very happy with the sound quality of the LS30s, I'd be pretty disappointed if anything else wasn't up to that standard.

So I reckon I'm going to go with the LS35Xs and leave the (battered but still working) LS30s connected to my Pro

My sister live in the States so she can get them there for me for €160 as opposed to €230 from Amazon.

I did consider going more "all rounder" with the LS41s but I'd have to keep switching the dongle and the chat function on the X would only work wired.

Thanks for helping out man!

Advertisement