Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Mine are working perfectly for nearly 3 years now. I got them for €160 or something like that when Argos made a error and reduced the new ones instead of the old model.

Also this, still working 100%. Can't quite remember who copied who mind ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Would you ever crank the volume right up?

There were no specific games mentioned really, I just saw it reported across a few review sites and in the comments. The problem only seemed to present itself at high/full volume.

I've no doubt they're an awesome headset, and I really like the look of them, but when I'm dropping €200 I want to be sure I don't regret it.

I'm hearing that the sound quality on the LS35Xs wins out over the three I've mentioned.

Considering I was very happy with the sound quality of the LS30s, I'd be pretty disappointed if anything else wasn't up to that standard.

So I reckon I'm going to go with the LS35Xs and leave the (battered but still working) LS30s connected to my Pro

My sister live in the States so she can get them there for me for €160 as opposed to €230 from Amazon.

I did consider going more "all rounder" with the LS41s but I'd have to keep switching the dongle and the chat function on the X would only work wired.

Thanks for helping out man!

No problem, if you want I can crank the volume up but I wont be wearing them when I do :pac: otherwise I would have hearing damage... I have mine at about 40% and they are more than loud enough for any game. No idea why you would want a game at 60%+.

Also, I paid €140 on Amazon.co.uk. Where are you seeing them for €200? Don't pay €200. They are not worth that. They are worth 140-160 all day long though.

EDIT: Apologies, I thought you were referring to the RIG 800XL for €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

ZiabR wrote: »
    Also, I paid €140 on Amazon.co.uk. Where are you seeing them for €200? Don't pay €200. They are not worth that. They are worth 140-160 all day long though.

EDIT: Apologies, I thought you were referring to the RIG 800XL for €200.
    No worries. It was worth you mentioning because Argos have them listed at €199.99 - if anyone else is after them they should know that!

My sister put the order through the the LS35Xs, so sin é :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Those LS35Xs it says on their website works with your phone but I see no mention of Bluetooth, do the mean you can just plug in a cable to your phone like every headphone ever.

Really want one that's good for Xbox that also has good sound from your phone via Bluetooth. Anyone any recommendations?

Those LS35Xs it says on their website works with your phone but I see no mention of Bluetooth, do the mean you can just plug in a cable to your phone like every headphone ever.

Really want one that's good for Xbox that also has good sound from your phone via Bluetooth. Anyone any recommendations?

They're no Bluetooth so yes, they do mean connecting to your phone by cable.

I am over the moon with this headset....but they're not going to suit your needs if you're looking for both Xbox and phone. One or the other is going to end up needing a cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Did you get your LS35Xs yet? How do you find them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They're no Bluetooth so yes, they do mean connecting to your phone by cable.

I am over the moon with this headset....but they're not going to suit your needs if you're looking for both Xbox and phone. One or the other is going to end up needing a cable.

Yea connecting to my phone with Bluetooth, ended up going for the ARCTIS 3 BLUETOOTH 2019 Edition, seemed the best all rounder and doesn't look like a gaming headset for when I'm out and about.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Did you get your LS35Xs yet? How do you find them?

I did indeed. It was a bit ropey at first, but it all settled down.

There had been complaints before of them losing connection and Lucid Sound released a firmware update. I updated the headset as soon as they arrived.

On the first day (last Monday) they worked fine for an hour or so and then began to crackle and drop connection. I thought I'd made the wrong decision.
    However, it was a weird one because the WiFi network in my house was acting up, Modem rebooting itself, and my controller was disconnecting itself as well.

I've used them every day since for 2-3 hour stints and there hasn't been a hiccup since.

They pair with the Xbox just like a controller. Powering them on will power up the Xbox and after the Xbox shuts down, they power themselves off.

Comfort wise, they're really nice. Gel cooled memory foam ear cups.
    They don't have an EQ button, so they've just the one setting, unlike the LS30s I had, but sound is crisp and and levelled just right.

Yea connecting to my phone with Bluetooth, ended up going for the ARCTIS 3 BLUETOOTH 2019 Edition, seemed the best all rounder and doesn't look like a gaming headset for when I'm out and about.

Niiiiiice

Guys, does anyone know if audio quality of a headset differs depending on the output?

For instance, the LS30s I had sounded way better digitally/wirelessly than they did (powered off) plugged into the controller.

If you were to get a wired headset, would the sound be superior if they were a set that plugged straight into the console rather than the controller?

Hope I'm making sense....

The reason I'm asking is that I'm back in the market for a headset for the XB1X

I'm returning the LS35Xs because the were intermittently suffering from crackling/interference even after a firmware update. It's such a shame, because they're top shelf otherwise.

I may revisit the Plantronics that ZiabR recommended.

I could also get the A50s from the States for €240.

But to be honest, I'm not completely married to the wireless solution.

For me, sound quality is absolute paramount, even if that means wired.

What do you think about going along the lines of an amp like the Astro Mixamp Pro TR and Sennheiser Game Ones (or the Zeros, but I think I'd like to try out open backed headphones)

Have any of you guys got any suggestions please??

• Advertisement

So guys,

After some research and some help from Reddit, I've ordered myself a pair of Sennheiser Game Zeros and an Astro MixAmp Pro TR.

When they arrive I'll report back if anyone is interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So guys,

After some research and some help from Reddit, I've ordered myself a pair of Sennheiser Game Zeros and an Astro MixAmp Pro TR.

When they arrive I'll report back if anyone is interested :)

The astro mix app makes any headset awesome. I've used 3 headsets connected to it. (Not at the same time btw :)) and it makes all them sound awesome.

Be sure to pick up a Dolby atmos lifetime sub. Its about €18 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

The astro mix app makes any headset awesome. I've used 3 headsets connected to it. (Not at the same time btw :)) and it makes all them sound awesome.

I was about to say, you were all ears :D Im loving the Atmos app too but still struggling to find anything appealing to replace my (perfectly functioning) LS30's but Id love 7.1 headset and getting one that will work on Xbox wireless and do the odd stint on the PS pro, is a pain in the hoop!

Although I read/watched something that the PS version of the A50 can work with the Xbox but the Xbox version cant work with the PS?

Anyone verify this?

Sweet, that's great to know! Thanks.

Yep, I already have the sub. Bargain!

Anyone using the Arctis Pro Wireless?

Great reviews but I've zero experience with the brand. I know they are similar price to the A50s but they look pretty nice and could double as an everyday headset I'd say.

Also came across the Plantronics Rig800 which seem to well regarded although I prefer the look of the Arctis pro wireless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Hi

I suspect through rough handling, but my son has been using turtle beach plugged into his controller and they seem to just stop working. I suspect its the connector plug on the controller that gets broken.

I was looking to get him the Plantronics RIG 800LX wireless and it 'looks' as though there are just a couple of connections from the Xbox to the transmitter & that's it !

Is it really as easy to set up as it would eliminate the wired element that i think is causing so many problems.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hi

I suspect through rough handling, but my son has been using turtle beach plugged into his controller and they seem to just stop working. I suspect its the connector plug on the controller that gets broken.

I was looking to get him the Plantronics RIG 800LX wireless and it 'looks' as though there are just a couple of connections from the Xbox to the transmitter & that's it !

Is it really as easy to set up as it would eliminate the wired element that i think is causing so many problems.

I've 2 controllers that my son has done this to!
    I'm also looking for wireless or any other headsets that use the other ports on the controller.

Hi

Havent used the LX myself but with most of the Xbox One designed 'wireless' headsets, you only need the 3.5mm cable for the voice chat function but when you are not chatting, you dont need it really. Its not cumbersome and is only from the headset to the controller port once you have the second gen controllers.

Other than that, its usually a small dongle in the xbox USB port and you pair the headset with that

amadablam wrote: »
    Havent used the LX myself but with most of the Xbox One designed 'wireless' headsets, you only need the 3.5mm cable for the voice chat function but when you are not chatting, you dont need it really. Its not cumbersome and is only from the headset to the controller port once you have the second gen controllers.

Other than that, its usually a small dongle in the xbox USB port and you pair the headset with that
    Actually, the Rig 800lx is a completely wireless solution for the XB1. No chat cable needed. :)
    It's just a usb receiver which connects to the box

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've 2 controllers that my son has done this to!
    I'm also looking for wireless or any other headsets that use the other ports on the controller.

For completely wireless, no chat cable connection (but maybe a base station or dongle - bypassing the controller either way) your options are:

Astro A50
    Astro A40 (connects to a mix amp which connects to the Xbox, bypasses the controller)
    Plantronics RIG 800lx
    Lucid Sound LS35X (I unfortunately had bad experience with these)
    Razer Thresher for Xbox One
    Turtle Beach Elite 800x
    Turtle Beach Pro Elite 2 (same set up as the Astro A40s)

Now I may be mistaken, but those are fresh in my mind as I recently did a huge amount of research.

Maybe there are more that others can ad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Actually, the Rig 800lx is a completely wireless solution for the XB1. No chat cable needed. :)

Thanks all

That's what is hoping for, nothing to get yanked!

That's good to know as I thought they all had dongles or base stations. Might buy one myself although I'm undecided about the plantronics, the a50 and the Arctis Pro Wireless. On the other side, my ls30 are great with atmos so I'm in no panic.

amadablam wrote:
    That's good to know as I thought they all had dongles or base stations. Might buy one myself although I'm undecided about the plantronics, the a50 and the Arctis Pro Wireless. On the other side, my ls30 are great with atmos so I'm in no panic.

Ok sorry, I may have misunderstood what you were saying man.

I thought you were saying the RIGs would need a chat cable which is not the case. However, the RIGs do have a dongle receiver.
    Totally wireless audio and chat, but a usb dongle receiver.

As far as I know, the only headset to provide wireless audio and chat without a base station or dongle are the LS35Xs. They pair just like a controller.

Yeah dude, the LS30s are beauts!

amadablam wrote: »

Fwiw, the A50's are outstanding, base station is powered by USB so no need for a socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi

Currently have this headset

I can honestly say its the best headset i have ever owned and trust me i have tried them all

ibFoxer wrote:
    Fwiw, the A50's are outstanding, base station is powered by USB so no need for a socket.

Yep, IvoryTower on here has a pair and swears by them.

I can honestly say its the best headset i have ever owned and trust me i have tried them all

That's cool!
    ZiabR was singing their praises on here recently as well so it's safe to say they're a deadly headset!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

ibFoxer wrote: »

+1 on this, have the A50's well over 2 years now and never a spot of bother with them.

Yep, IvoryTower on here has a pair and swears by them.

The proof is in the pudding there, swearing by them and not at them is usually indicative of quality :D:p

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

A50s are the best headset I have ever owned. Unfortunately, my pair were dodgy and suffered from a well-known fault where they would freeze and you had to let the battery run out before you could use them again.

I currently have Turtle Beach 800x for the Xbox, and while they are the same price as the Astros, they are nowhere near as good.

I have HyperX Cloud X2s for PC and they're a fraction of the cost and just as good as the 800x. Way more comfortable. But they're not wireless.

Advertisement