Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

I would recommend wireless if you can. The 3.5mm port is prone to breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tiredalways

Scruff wrote: »
    Whats a good cheap headset for kids? wired is fine, cheap and chat is all i need

Lidl have gaming headsets next week for 40e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Just a follow up for anyone who got the 9x, I ended up being a tad unhappy with the mic monitoring and another boards ie brought this to my attention-- https://www.reddit.com/r/steelseries/comments/e6nkao/arctis_7_headset_pc_quiet_sidetone_fix/fdxjn2w?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Pretty easy to do and was a great success. Well worth the few minutes it took.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

Basil3 wrote: »
    I second this. Have had Turtle Beach Recon 50 and 70, as well as HyperX Cloud Stinger and Stinger Core. All have served the kids pretty well, but it's probably worth the few extra quid for the more expensive variants, rather than the absolute cheapest.

Ok got the Turtle beach 70 last time and by all accounts was happy, except where the lead connects to the head set split with a lot of movement (kids!) and when they have it on it kind of bends by pressing off their shoulders. Also the odd time I use them the headset is a tad small for adults.

BUT... the sound quality was fairly good for what you pay for but the mic quality was pretty good.

So... I'm tempted to buy another pair and risk the same issue again... or something else under the eur50 bracket.

Any recommendations?

Ah screw it, decided to support Irish (I think!) and get the Sennheiser 300 for eur99. I think they make Sennheiser in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Small fellow just got turtle beach recon 70 and is a bit unhappy. The mic is picking up every bit of noise around him and amplifying it. Seems to be super sensitive. Is there anything that can be done about it?

These are replacing an xo one set which he loved but don’t seem to be available any more. What might have been a more equivalent replacement?

Small fellow just got turtle beach recon 70 and is a bit unhappy. The mic is picking up every bit of noise around him and amplifying it. Seems to be super sensitive. Is there anything that can be done about it?

These are replacing an xo one set which he loved but don’t seem to be available any more. What might have been a more equivalent replacement?

make sure the TV is on mute when headset plugged into joypad.
    Plug out headset and plug it back in again during game
    Then look at audio settings. Here's mine

Link here for setup https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019620834-Recon-70-Quick-Start-Guide?mobile_site=true#:~:text=Go%20to%20Settings%20%3E%3E%20Devices%20%3E%3E%20Audio%20Devices.&text=Set%20Output%20to%20Headphones%20to,instructions%20to%20calibrate%20your%20microphone.

The picture below is my settings

517199.jpg

Treppen wrote: »

OK, now all the documentation from turtle beach is wrong and you photoshopped that’s screenshot or else, more than likely, I’m blind and don’t know what I’m doing.

I can’t find that audio option anywhere. See the options he has.

Xbox says it’s up to date and no update available.

What are the correct steps to change that option ?? System > General > ??????? > ????????

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

OK, now all the documentation from turtle beach is wrong and you photoshopped that’s screenshot or else, more than likely, I’m blind and don’t know what I’m doing.

I can’t find that audio option anywhere. See the options he has.

Xbox says it’s up to date and no update available.

What are the correct steps to change that option ?? System > General > ??????? > ????????

Thanks again.

It's accessed via your guide button. Things have moved around a bit lately, but it should on your Profile and System tab, where your gamer tag is. Audio is just below the sign out option.

Thanks but the only options are the ones attached previously. Only place I see an audio option is under accessibility.

Anybody care to take a couple of screenshots to show an idiot what I’m doing wrong and what I should be doing and seeing.

Would really appreciate it.

Oh and btw, it’s an Xbox one, and what’s a guide button??? I’m assuming it the big button with the Xbox logo.

Oh and btw, it’s an Xbox one, and what’s a guide button??? I’m assuming it the big button with the Xbox logo.

Yes, big white button with the Xbox logo. Press it, then use your LB/RB buttons to go to the tab with your gamertag entitled Profile and System. Audio will be on that tab, but only when you have a headset plugged in via the 3.5mm jack.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yes, big white button with the Xbox logo. Press it, then use your LB/RB buttons to go to the tab with your gamertag entitled Profile and System. Audio will be on that tab, but only when you have a headset plugged in via the 3.5mm jack.

You’re a genius.

He hadn’t it plugged into controller directly but some turtle beach audio controller and then that was plugged into Xbox controller.

When plugged in directly the audio options appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi lads

So my son's plantronic rig 800 headset is a year and a half old and is now faulty

Looking for a new headset what's available for reasonable money

Hi lads

So my son's plantronic rig 800 headset is a year and a half old and is now faulty

Budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Hi lads

I would highly recommend the HyperX Cloud X, designed for XBox One, great quality and very comfortable. Personally, I love the replacement ear covers, the textile ones, as I tend to get hot with the leather-like materials.

If you want them super-fast, they are 85 in argos. They go on sale at times for as low as 50 euro (e.g. in Smyths Toys).

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Any help appreciated.

Both my boys have the Turtle Beach headsets. (Recon 70 I think)

My heart is absolutely broken from trying to reconnect them. Either they dont work or just the mic doesnt work. I go into setting and go to devices and acessories and update ect..but it doesnt always work.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Is there any headset you could recommend that is really reliable?

They are trying to connect with friends and its very frustrating on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Pixied wrote: »

The HyperX mentioned in the post above yours would be very reliable. Just plug into the 3.5mm port on the xbox controller (assuming they have one) and away you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Are there wireless headsets?
    Would they be more reliable, or less so?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Are there wireless headsets?
    Would they be more reliable, or less so?

There is but for easy plug and play, and less to go wrong. Wired to the controller is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Any help appreciated.

Both my boys have the Turtle Beach headsets. (Recon 70 I think)

My heart is absolutely broken from trying to reconnect them. Either they dont work or just the mic doesnt work. I go into setting and go to devices and acessories and update ect..but it doesnt always work.

Any advice on how to fix this?

They are trying to connect with friends and its very frustrating on them.

If you go into messages and send soomeone a voice message will it record? I know some games like Fortnite are buggy with mics so sometimes they dont work.

Advertisement