Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So I took a chance and ordered the Polk 4 Shot, picked them up today - have to say I'm impressed!

Sound quality is much better than my x12s, good bass sound but everything is much crisper. Really noticed the difference playing Destiny, hearing effects I'd never heard before.

There's one wire to the controller so not totally wireless, but much better than the dual wires required before. Build quality is great, very comfy to wear.

They also double as standard headphones for anything else which is kinda handy.

For €80 I'm delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Where did you buy the Polk 4 shot?

Do they have mic monitoring (so you can hear yourself speaking)?
    The newly released Turtle Beach XO Ones do.... not sure which to go for!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just thought I'd add an image of the Polk 4 shot since we are talking about it.
    I don't think there is mic monitoring.

Polk-Audio-4Shot.jpg

Quick unboxing video

biebiebie wrote: »
    Where did you buy the Polk 4 shot?

I got it through Flubit.com - came to €84 in total including Parcel Motel charge
    Do they have mic monitoring (so you can hear yourself speaking)?

They don't I'm afraid!

Also good to note that the headset adapter comes supplied with them too.

New promo video for the Stealth 500X headset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I really want to buy that stealth headset, my x12s are grand and all, but the wires would drive you mental at times.

I really want to buy that stealth headset, my x12s are grand and all, but the wires would drive you mental at times.

Same, I am using X12's and I am tired of all the wires and adapters at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Using tritton trigger headset for 360 on my xb1 , using the adaptor and i can hear game and voice sound but the game sound keeps breaking up . Would it be a faulty adaptor or the fact that the headset is for the 360?

Could be the adapter, my x12s did the same from time to time but a quick plug out and plug in again usually did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The adapter is rubbish. The small cable adapter from 2.5mm to 3.5mm breaks so easily, & everyone in chat gets to listen to themselves more so than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

83588088c84da298971eadcff933413ba1b2d51c394f431c2b58196f39ec5eaa.jpg

Have to get this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Using tritton trigger headset for 360 on my xb1 , using the adaptor and i can hear game and voice sound but the game sound keeps breaking up . Would it be a faulty adaptor or the fact that the headset is for the 360?

I have that set , don't use it a lot since I got a TB one but don't recall having any problems with it, did you update the firmware on the controller????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Do you get any vibration noise transmitted through the cables on the XO4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

wrt40 wrote: »
    Do you get any vibration noise transmitted through the cables on the XO4?

No none, you mean noise from the pad vibrating ?? Something is up there if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

calex71 wrote: »
    I have that set , don't use it a lot since I got a TB one but don't recall having any problems with it, did you update the firmware on the controller????

Ya i updated the controller with adaptor and headset plugged in. I got a feeling its the adaptor

Polk have a new headset out for the Xbox One -
    Polk Audio Striker ZX Headset
    £69.30 on Amazon
    These have mic monitoring.

The new Turtle Beach XO One also have mic monitoring. On amazon the description is :
    "Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Xbox One Amplified Stereo Gaming and Mobile Gaming Headset"
    Currently £59.99 but out of stock.
    Only 3 star reviews from a small number of reviews. Look on amazon.com for a better selection of reviews.

"Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Xbox One Amplified Stereo Gaming and Mobile Gaming Headset"
    Currently £59.99 but out of stock.
    Only 3 star reviews from a small number of reviews. Look on amazon.com for a better selection of reviews.

Audio adaptor does not fit the controller doaccording to Littlewoods reviews:

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/turtle-beach-xo-one-xbox-one-stereo-gaming-headset/1445241674.prd

Audio adaptor does not fit the controller doaccording to Littlewoods reviews:

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/turtle-beach-xo-one-xbox-one-stereo-gaming-headset/1445241674.prd

Hmm. I have it a week now and is fitting nicely. Bought from Amazon UK.

You need to watch the video from TB on YouTube. The adopter goes in at an angle. Case of easy when you know how.

Hmm. I have it a week now and is fitting nicely. Bought from Amazon UK.

You need to watch the video from TB on YouTube. The adopter goes in at an angle. Case of easy when you know how.

Thought it a bit strange it would hit the shops with such a fatal flaw.

These are on my list, once I get an actually console of course :-) I think a lot of people don't realise that you can only get stereo when plugged into the controller. you could have €1,000 headphones it doesn't matter, you're only going to get stereo.

The stealth 500X are the first to bypass the adaptor and connect direct to the console, so you get 7.1 DTS surround sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the verdict on the Turtlebeach XO Fours? They're currently €64.99 on Argos, worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

What's the verdict on the Turtlebeach XO Fours? They're currently €64.99 on Argos, worth it?
    good price
    great headset

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1389407/Trail/searchtext%3ETURTLE+BEACH.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The stealth 500X are the first to bypass the adaptor and connect direct to the console, so you get 7.1 DTS surround sound.

Older Turtle Beach headsets that connect via the digital out, will give you 5.1 dolby surround sound btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

has anyone spotted the stealth 500x
    cheaper then amazons £194?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

dunworth1 wrote: »
    has anyone spotted the stealth 500x
    cheaper then amazons £194?

Nope, not seen it anywhere. Decided to go ahead and pre-order from Amazon. It was available on Argos Ireland last week, but has disappeared from there site last I checked. The price wasn't a little more expensive than Amazon. Same anywhere else I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Completely wireless of the Stealth 500x is very appealing , particularly over the older models which all still seem to require the headset adapter.

May need to sell on my Sennheiser HD 555's and pick up a set. Fairly expensive though! But not TurtleBeach's most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

When are they released? My amazon accounts says tomorrow yet they haven't dispatched yet and the delivery estimate is Monday - Wednesday next week?

Game Uk have it down as 'November 2014' and US sites 4th November?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Some guys over on Reddit got them early at BestBuy. Some half decent feedback if anyone's interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2jpwwo/turtle_beach_500_x_unboxing/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hey all

so sent the link to the missus for the xo fours in argos when they were 65 sadly she missed out

now having looked around i cant find them cheaper than 90 from gamestop

from what i can see the atlas are also 90 but they are compatable for the 360 which makes them more down my street as i still play 360 frequently

any suggestions from users regarding the price or where they can be found cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

lads just picked up a set of turtle beach tangos brand new from gamestop for 109.99 delivered.... absolutely crazy value.

imo one of the best headsets i have had and for 110 euro is a steal.

Advertisement