Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

lads just picked up a set of turtle beach tangos brand new from gamestop for 109.99 delivered.... absolutely crazy value.

imo one of the best headsets i have had and for 110 euro is a steal.

Gorgeous looking headset imo. Still €239 on Turtle Beach website. Can these be used full surround sound on Xbox ONE with the chat adapter for the voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Hi guys,

there i am looking for a new headset for Xmas and i came across this thread. I have a set of TB X41's it seems i've had em longer than i have kids ;)) - they are on the way out, crackling a little and get inteference when downloading on laptop etc.

Anyways ... i am looking to upgrade but it must be wireless. I want Optical in cos i also use em for listening to TV/Music at nights when everyone is asleep. I normally just plug the optical into the TV but there are 2 cables if i need to go directly into the xbox as well.

I seen this today : Tritton Warhead 7.1 - 2 batteries one charges while you play and you switch em when you need to. Seem pretty decent anyone any experience on these OR recommend a decent alternative at a good price?

Cheers.

EDIT : http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Turtle-Beach-Earforce-XP500-Programmable-Wireless-7-1-Gaming-Headset-PS3-360-/400786905484?pt=UK_Video_Games_Headsets&hash=item5d50c2d98c ... Refurb ... opinions???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Emmo-m- wrote: »
    Some guys over on Reddit got them early at BestBuy. Some half decent feedback if anyone's interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2jpwwo/turtle_beach_500_x_unboxing/

Got an email from Amazon, and they have no idea, when there getting them in. Looks like there delayed on this side of the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Gorgeous looking headset imo. Still €239 on Turtle Beach website. Can these be used full surround sound on Xbox ONE with the chat adapter for the voice?

yes they can.. and the sound is fantastic. much better quality than the stealth 550s i see people looking to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

wes wrote: »
    Got an email from Amazon, and they have no idea, when there getting them in. Looks like there delayed on this side of the pond.

I got the same. Pain in the hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

hey gang, newbie here, i've a son and he's at an age (10) where he and his mates are playing online amongst themselves (minecraft etc) looking to get him a headset as the one that came with the 360 huts his nogging, it plugs into the controller itself, I've read through this thread and I'm baffled as to how the headsets you are all chatting about connect (apologies for being so clueless) so what do you recommend and how does it connect (to the TV, the actual xbox, the controller) dont want anything to fancy 50 euro ish mark, any advice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is this the one he has?

TBH, At that age I'd go for something cheap and cheerful, something like this perhaps? Be more comfortable but not break the bank for something that might get broken easily!

If you do want to go a bit better, can't beat the Turtle Beach X12s for under €50!

yep the first link is the one he has, dont mind spending the 46 odd from argos he's good with his stuff and so far not much on the santa list ( last year I'd say too) how does this plug into the xbox, thats the confusing bit for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Depends how your Xbox is connected to the TV - is it plugged in by HDMI?

There's a guide here

yeah always been connected via HDMI

• Advertisement

BobMc wrote: »
    yeah always been connected via HDMI

Thanks, Understand now, checked tv so no Audio Out so I need to purchase that adapter with the headset also !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 likey

a nice cheap option for the xbox one is if you have a samsung phone with the earphones (ones with the built in mic) then this works as a headset and mic with the stereo headset adapter. iphone ones do work as standard headphones, but chating using the mic doesnt

another cheap way for a headset is if you have an old pc headset lying about, the ones with two 3.5mm connectors (pink and green), then you can use a 3.5mm 4 pole splitter like the ones below

h t t p ://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71ki8e8DUDL._SL1500_.jpg

likey wrote: »
    another cheap way for a headset is if you have an old pc headset lying about, the ones with two 3.5mm connectors (pink and green), then you can use a 3.5mm 4 pole splitter like the ones below

h t t p ://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71ki8e8DUDL._SL1500_.jpg

Ftfy ;)

71ki8e8DUDL._SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is there any 2.4mm to 3.5mm cable available that works with the X1 Chat adapter yet? That mini adapter thing is so easy to break..

as long as its a 4 pole one then any adapter should work.
    e.g.
    w w w.amazon.co.uk/Pole-Adapter-3-5mm-Socket-2-5mm/dp/B003OSYYNY

thanks MiskyBoyy. i cant post pics or links yet as im new

miralize wrote: »
    Is there any 2.4mm to 3.5mm cable available that works with the X1 Chat adapter yet? That mini adapter thing is so easy to break..

the cable that comes with the chat adapter that's a couple of inches long? Mine broke too. I got this one during the week.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271176094439?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

thats only a 3 pole one. you need a 4 pole for it to fully work as a stereo headset and mic

• Advertisement

thats only a 3 pole one. you need a 4 pole for it to fully work as a stereo headset and mic

**** seriously? I didn't realise there was a difference, don't know about these poles. Haven't received it yet.

That one you linked tho as far as I can tell is 2.5mm male, 3.5mm female, you need it the other way around for the chat adapter.

**** seriously? I didn't realise there was a difference, don't know about these poles. Haven't received it yet.

That one you linked tho as far as I can tell is 2.5mm male, 3.5mm female, you need it the other way around for the chat adapter.

yes you're right

Would this work?

amazon.co.uk/2-5mm-3-5mm-4-Pole-4-Pin-Visual/dp/B00G5JP1S6

no as you need to 2.5mm female (socket) in the other end

this should work though now i've found one the right way round
    w w w.ebay.co.uk/itm/IP078EN-Gold-3-5mm-Male-to-2-5mm-Female-Audio-Stereo-Jack-Plug-Converter-Adapter-/321573433614?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4adf45310e

no as you need to 2.5mm female (socket) in the other end

If I were to directly attach it into my headset it should be fine as their is a female connector in there. (Astro A50s)

But the 4 pole cable should work?

If I were to directly attach it into my headset it should be fine as their is a female connector in there. (Astro A50s)

But the 4 pole cable should work?

yes that should work as its 4 pole

check this video if you need a how to and make sure you update your firmware on the a50

w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=3YWhAag4RLc

lads just picked up a set of turtle beach tangos brand new from gamestop for 109.99 delivered.... absolutely crazy value.

imo one of the best headsets i have had and for 110 euro is a steal.

These are back in stock again. Just ordered myself a set. Can't wait to get them now, I personally really like the look of them and they have very good reviews! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

dricko_lim wrote: »
    I got the same. Pain in the hole!

According to game.co.uk there out 21st of November now. Amazon haven't updated there page yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

These are back in stock again. Just ordered myself a set. Can't wait to get them now, I personally really like the look of them and they have very good reviews! :D

good stuff. enjoy

Advertisement