Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browsers extremely laggy

• 21-07-2014 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Every browser I try is extremely laggy, especially on graphically heavy sites such as Facebook or the Google Play Store. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. I am using an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1 G6 2240sa with AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 6 GB of RAM, and a 500 GB Hard drive at 5400 RPM. Is there something I can do to fix the lag or is it because of my PC's awful specs?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's the processor holding you back, the E2-1800 is the equivalent performance wise of an older atom processor. Nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Every browser I try is extremely laggy, especially on graphically heavy sites such as Facebook or the Google Play Store. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. I am using an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1 G6 2240sa with AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 6 GB of RAM, and a 500 GB Hard drive at 5400 RPM. Is there something I can do to fix the lag or is it because of my PC's awful specs?

Your 6GB of RAM is being totally wasted with that processor, it scores very low on CPUBenchmark unfortunately. There's nothing much you can do, apart from look into upgrading the processor. There's a lightweight web browser that I use on Linux distros called Midori which always works on Windows, you could try using that and see if its any better. Midori is much less resource hungry than Chrome/Firefox so it might be slightly better, but with that processor, you're pretty much on a hiding to nothing. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

What's your broadband speed?

Advertisement