Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Water Swims around Oranmore

Options
  • 21-07-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi,

I accepted that my swim is absolutely desperate and pledged to do something about it before I get lost with the sheep. Even if that something only means getting out into the open more often.

My problem is technique and therefore speed - comfortable to cover distances of up to 3km, albeit sloooooow, which puts me on the back foot straight away and makes catching up on the bike and run an uphill struggle.

Not prepared to join a Tri club at the moment as not sure whether to take my triathlon interest further next year (a different topic).
    I know GTC are swimming at Blackrock on Wednesday evenings, which poses a logistical problem to me, and I would be comfortable enough swimming there on my own.

Charted a few swim routes around Oranmore on this map , so looking for swimming buddies who would be up for a dip in the early mornings, between 6am and 8am before work while it's still bright.

I have checked out only a few of these routes, but they look sheltered enough to me, and it would be convenient on my way to work.

Anyone out there who'd be interested joining me in the mornings or working out a schedule so the swimming doesn't have to be done alone?

Advertisement