Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountrath car boot sale?

Options
  • 21-07-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Anyone been? Does it get a good crowd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Went up to the Mountrath Car Boot Sale a few months ago (first time), very small compared to Athy, kilkenny or even Clara. A few people walking around (20 or so) but not much money been spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

yeah it is quite small. Not sure if the locals know too much about it tho but theres some decent stuff there....some guys are selling eJuice in there. Mate got a starter kit & some juice at decent price

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

very small and it looks as if the stock has been there for a long time. Where are the better ones in the midlands please for secondhand or vintage or antique things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Paulownia wrote: »
    very small and it looks as if the stock has been there for a long time. Where are the better ones in the midlands please for secondhand or vintage or antique things?

yeah was there on Saturday, hardly anyone there....wont be going back

I have bought a couple of things there but the stock never seems to change, I love buying junk stuff and bringing it home and cleaning it

• Advertisement

If you are looking for nic nacs or ornaments you should have a look around the simon market on every second week in the old tesco store in the texas car park in tullamore, saving that try some of the local monthly auctions.

240 Robert wrote: »
    If you are looking for nic nacs or ornaments you should have a look around the simon market on every second week in the old tesco store in the texas car park in tullamore, saving that try some of the local monthly auctions.

Thanks for the tip Robert, when is it open, I'm only around the midlands on the weekends and I often go to Tullamore for a massage so could go then?

It is on from 10am to 3pm on a saturday, not sure when it is on next, might even be this weekend.
    I will keep an eye out and let you know . They have a secondhand shop down on main street, near the pharmacy too.

thanks a mil Rob, if I find a treasure I'll go fifty fifty on the profits!

The Simon Market is taking place this saturday 6th sept from 10 am till 3 pm in the old Tesco, in the old Texas carpark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement