Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you are about to lose a customer

Options
  • 21-07-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Moving house, so decided to update the address for my account. Rang the phone line to be told to use contact form. After only a week of waiting I've received an email that you need my (now previous) landlord name and mobile before you can "close" my account. I don't want to close the account, I wanted to move it to new address to avoid having to pay you ridiculous deposit.

Anyway, I rand the customer care today with this details and some clueless guy on the other side didn't want to proceed without the information I already gave you when using contact form on your website. 

After half an hour on the phone, the guy told me that your "system" cannot find the address, and to get him mprn number of the new property. Why didn't you inform me about that in the email you sent?

I'm loosing my patience here, so please get your things together, orelse you will be losing another customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi FobleAsNuck,

Thanks for your post, and sorry to hear of your frustration.
    I don't want to close the account, I wanted to move it to new address to avoid having to pay you ridiculous deposit.

Just to clarify this, when you move an account from one property to another, it would involve temporarily closing it, before re-opening (or re-using) it at a new property. A single account number couldn't cover two properties at the same time.
    After half an hour on the phone, the guy told me that your "system" cannot find the address, and to get him mprn number of the new property. Why didn't you inform me about that in the email you sent?

Our apologies if you weren't informed of the information you need to close an old account/open a new one. You can find all the relevant information here.

If you send us the details of your query by private message we can look into this further for you. 

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

sent you PM, David

Advertisement