Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving distance

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

I play off 5..average driver carry is 245..a huge % of golfers only carry the ball about 210 but they'll tell you it's 230 or so.
    Have played in altitude and heat and the difference was pretty significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

It really depends on the conditions. I hit the ball a fair distance when I’m playing well but rarely measure yardages as it really doesn’t concern me. The last time I measured was 260 yard carry as I tried to carry over a ditch in the fairway but went straight in without bouncing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That was a long bloody survey!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

The real question is : How far do you hit your bad drives?
    Nobody wants to know that one, the only measure the one they creamed.
    According to game golf I hit bad ones 175m to 190m. Average 227m but I have it ones 311m but it means nothing.
    I have come to realise 230m is my target distance off the tee smooth swing consistent strike. I could lash at one if I need to but its risky.

Advertisement