Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterfrack Furniture Design & Manufacture

Options
  • 21-07-2014 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi everyone :)

Just wondering if anyone out there has attended this course in GMIT in the past few years and how they found it.

More specifically, has anyone given it a go without previously studying technical graphics or woodwork for the leaving cert? I have the course down for the CAO this year as the lack of experience in the JC/LC in woodwork and being of the womankind variety is making an apprenticeship hard to come by.

Any and all replies/advice welcome, Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Been there and done that. good course that will keep you busy. Being female has no bearing on doing the course, it actually benefits or did so in previous years where so many places were ket in each class for females. They will tell you that they like fresh blood who wont have icked up any bad habits, however any of the ones who stuck at it after completing all had a fairly basic grounding in woodwork prior to starting. A lot of people think the course is designing and making howevr a lot of it is tied up in the business side, science, technology and computers both programs and drawing. Give it a go if your sure and dont be put off by the location. i thought id go cracked down there but i had some of the best times down there.

Advertisement