Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport to Mount Congreve

Options
  • 21-07-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Is there any way to get to Mount Congreve? I think about getting bus to city boundaries and then taxi...

Walk/cycle isn't possible as we travel with our little baby girl. It's pain in the ankle without the car...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I'm afraid taxi would be your only option. The suirway bus to portlaw goes the cork road route.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

As above the portlaw bus to the Tramore Cross (Next Junction after the holy cross).

Cross the Cork road, and follow the road straight down towards the river to get to Mount Congreve, you pass through another junction on the way but its about a 10 / 15 minute walk.

Bus Timetable here (http://www.suirway.com/timetables-portlaw.html)

See the map here for the walking part (hopefully this works)
    https://www.google.ie/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=52.237104,-7.20613&sspn=0.016242,0.038581&geocode=FXv_HAMdZCCS_w%3BFb0sHQMd3RCS_w&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=15&t=m&z=15

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Milion thanks Hearny!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Your welcome. The tramore cross is actually the second junction after the holy cross sorry. The bus driver will let you know anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

To avoid confusion the map hearny provided would lead you to the nursery not the gardens. To get to the gardens follow this map. Still only a 10-15 min walk.

https://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?msid=205011730147917452909.0004fecb370248e5d2d03&msa=0&ll=52.236421,-7.202439&spn=0.015821,0.046434

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

kaef wrote: »
    Is there any way to get to Mount Congreve? I think about getting bus to city boundaries and then taxi...

Walk/cycle isn't possible as we travel with our little baby girl. It's pain in the ankle without the car...

This raises a good point. This summer the city has been offering a special pass that gives you entry to the museums (Medieval, Bishops Palace, Reginald's Tower) and Mount Congreve. When I asked how a tourist is meant to get out to Mount Congreve, the only answer was by taxi or having one's own car. Struck me as a bit silly to offer a pass to a place most tourists can't get too...

Should start my own shuttle service on the weekends ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

This raises a good point. This summer the city has been offering a special pass that gives you entry to the museums (Medieval, Bishops Palace, Reginald's Tower) and Mount Congreve. When I asked how a tourist is meant to get out to Mount Congreve, the only answer was by taxi or having one's own car. Struck me as a bit silly to offer a pass to a place most tourists can't get too...

Should start my own shuttle service on the weekends ;-)

Where would one get these special passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

Where would one get these special passes?

Sorry, double checked and see that Reginald's Tower isn't included (probably as it's run by OPW). But the ticket does cover the Medieval + Bishop's + Mount Congreve.

You can buy it online https://www.waterfordtreasures.com/shop/combined-value-pass or get it at the reception of either the Medieval Museum or Bishop's Palace for 12 euro.

Hope I didn't make it sound like they're giving them away for free (reading my message again, I see it might sound that way).

Advertisement