Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out on the beach

• 21-07-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Today I made the best of the weather and finally took my new portable setup to the beach. I have to say I'm quite happy with the results :)
    There were quite a few strong JA's on 17m. Although I didn't work any of them myself with just 100 watts the stations I did work from all over Europe on 17 and 20 and even one from Florida on a pretty much closed 15m band were worth the effort. And I met a lot of very interested people asking what the gigantic fishing pole was for :D
    The antenna is a 9m Spirit of Air telescopic flagpole mounted on a Lidl bicycle maintenance stand (10m combined height) and with 12.5m of wire spiralling around it up to the top. It's being fed trough an 1:9 Balun (Unun) and the LDG IT-100 autotuner. TRX is my trusty IC-7200, which - as I just discovered today - fits neatly in the glovebox. I think I will be out doing radio a lot more often from now on...

315394.jpg

315393.jpg

315392.jpg

Comments

Advertisement