Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Limerick - renting buddies needed!

• 21-07-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi all

My friend and I are planning on renting a house in Limerick from September on. We are both working in an accounting firm in the city centre and are basically wondering if anyone out there is looking for accommodation as 2 bed places can be hard to find outside of the city centre - we don't want to live in town!

Wouldnt mind joining up with someone else to get somewhere nicer for cheaper!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lytivy2608

m...

Hi, I am a post grad student from UL also looking for room sharing in city centre. Have you rent an apt or house yet, that maybe we can share the rent and utilities etc.

Regards

Ivy
    moleary20 wrote: »
    Hi all

My friend and I are planning on renting a house in Limerick from September on. We are both working in an accounting firm in the city centre and are basically wondering if anyone out there is looking for accommodation as 2 bed places can be hard to find outside of the city centre - we don't want to live in town!

Hi, I am a post grad student from UL also looking for room sharing in city centre. Have you rent an apt or house yet, that maybe we can share the rent and utilities etc.

Regards

Ivy
    Hi all

Regards

Ivy

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Hi Ivy

I think we'll be looking at a more suburban area - Castletroy maybe - which would be near UL or Dooradoyle?

Martina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 cannonball14

Hi martina,

In a similar situation currently. What sites did you use looking for shared accommodation? Doesn't seem to be a whole pile of options on rent.ie or daft currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Hi Ivy

I think we'll be looking at a more suburban area - Castletroy maybe - which would be near UL or Dooradoyle?

Martina

Just curious, if you're working in the city centre, why would you want to live in the suburbs? Kinda making life hard for yourself, I think? And there's a lot going on in the city which you can enjoy too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

zulutango wrote: »
    Just curious, if you're working in the city centre, why would you want to live in the suburbs? Kinda making life hard for yourself, I think? And there's a lot going on in the city which you can enjoy too.

This. As long as you get a place that's not right beside a loud pub/club you'll be happy out being able to walk to and from work everyday. Going home for lunch is always good too and helps save money since you don't carelessly spend it as often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Each to their own obviously, I cannot for the life of me fathom why anybody without kids would want to live in suburbia.
    OP did mention she was an accountant, perhaps the old stereotype is still an accurate one:pac:;)

Get an apartment in town:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Because the city centre is quite restrictive in terms of nice front and back gardens and just general chilling out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

zig wrote: »
    Because the city centre is quite restrictive in terms of nice front and back gardens and just general chilling out.

I wouldn't accept that at all. There's plenty of properties with nice front and back gardens within 10 - 15 minutes walk of the city centre. Easily.

As for chilling out, the city centre wins hands down for most people I would say. But it depends on what you mean by 'chilling out' of course.

Advertisement