Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to listen back to a call?

Options
  • 21-07-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi,

Signed up for a new contract, was provided false information twice.

First, I could sign up with online pricing because my account would not work for signing up. I was instructed to call up after installation, which I did on June 24th.

Of course on call it was determined that there was no such process and I would not get the pricing promised which was a big seller when signing into a new contract. I was also told on this call that a case [font=arial, sans-serif]1470423 would be looked into and I would receive a response within 5-10 working days after the first call was listened back to.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Secondly, when requesting this callback I asked about the cool off period. It was obvious to me that if it took the full 10 days I could be outside this period before knowing what price I am going to be paying. I was informed that Eircom do not obey a cool off period and that I was stuck in a contact like it or not.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Is there any point following up?[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sicruise wrote: »
    Hi,

Signed up for a new contract, was provided false information twice.

First, I could sign up with online pricing because my account would not work for signing up. I was instructed to call up after installation, which I did on June 24th.

Of course on call it was determined that there was no such process and I would not get the pricing promised which was a big seller when signing into a new contract. I was also told on this call that a case [font=arial, sans-serif]1470423 would be looked into and I would receive a response within 5-10 working days after the first call was listened back to.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Secondly, when requesting this callback I asked about the cool off period. It was obvious to me that if it took the full 10 days I could be outside this period before knowing what price I am going to be paying. I was informed that Eircom do not obey a cool off period and that I was stuck in a contact like it or not.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Is there any point following up?[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi sicruise

I've looked in to this and I see the case remains open and still has not been resolved – Apologies for the delays however I have sent this to the complaints department to follow up on. You should be contacted by a member of complaints within the next 24 hours.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Hi Alan,

Thanks for looking into this and getting a resolution for me so quickly, just received a call from Shane in your complaints department and everything is sorted!

Simon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sicruise wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for looking into this and getting a resolution for me so quickly, just received a call from Shane in your complaints department and everything is sorted!

Simon
    Thanks sicruise

that's good to hear :)

Al

Advertisement