Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop not asking for password

• 21-07-2014 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭

The last few days my laptop has stopped asking for a password when I turn it on. I never changed any settings so why is this happening and how do I return to being asked for a password hen turning laptop on? Its a Lenovo using Windows 7.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Control panel- user accounts-select your one and add a password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If your computer was previously asking for a password and you're sure you haven't deleted it and the suggestion above doesn't work then try this:

From a command prompt or by pressing CMD+R type:

netplwiz

This will load the Advanced User Account Control Panel applet.

Select the Users tab and check if the box labelled Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. is selected or ticked.

Click Apply and see how that works.

Ken

Advertisement