Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work wardrobe revamp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

Those dresses are just absolutely divine. The polka dot one is my fav. There is no limit as regards what to wear with them. Let your imagination run right. Think accessories, pearls, rings, etc etc. Lots of options too re tights, from the sheerest skintones to satins to glossy black. Unless the fabric of the dresses is very light weight, or inclined to rise or bunch, I don't think I'd go for a slip. Dresses like those ones would be quite at home at ,''Lady's Day'' at Galway races. But I'm one who believes that elegence and glamour knows no limits, so yes, to me they are appropiate for an office envoirnment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I would wear them in the office. They are long enough and covered but it really depends where you work and also what body type you are. Btw my favourite office style would be Diane from The Good Wife and maybe I am a bit too flamboyant sometimes.

Lovely dresses btw.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Those dresses are just absolutely divine. The polka dot one is my fav. There is no limit as regards what to wear with them. Let your imagination run right. Think accessories, pearls, rings, etc etc. Lots of options too re tights, from the sheerest skintones to satins to glossy black. Unless the fabric of the dresses is very light weight, or inclined to rise or bunch, I don't think I'd go for a slip. Dresses like those ones would be quite at home at ,''Lady's Day'' at Galway races. But I'm one who believes that elegence and glamour knows no limits, so yes, to me they are appropiate for an office envoirnment.

Thank you, I tried on a few of them at the weekend, and they looked and more importantly FELT divine, real confidence building dresses, I've a decent enough figure

I tend to always wear a slip as I've big boobs and I use the slip as coverage for that!

I was thinking they will be year round dresses that I can do up/down as I need to :) The office I currently work in is where most of the women would dress like this
    meeeeh wrote: »
    I would wear them in the office. They are long enough and covered but it really depends where you work and also what body type you are. Btw my favourite office style would be Diane from The Good Wife and maybe I am a bit too flamboyant sometimes.

Lovely dresses btw.

I've no idea who Dianne from the good wife is I'm afraid.

My partner was with me when I tried a few on and thought they looked lovely, but I just wanted to check

Thanks to you both.

Was in LK Bennet at the weekend, and fit in a pair of size six trousers, vanity sizing at it's best.

I'm five eight and nine and a half stone, the style of those dressess really suits my figure to be honest.

In our office, it's important to look smart and well groomed and that's about it. For me personally, I'd like to do just that but with a bit of style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Oh that character's wardrobe is just an example of very well tailored dresses and skirt suits with strong jewellery. A few very similar to those posted in the link.

Advertisement