Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport to Longford travel

Options
  • 21-07-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm arriving to Dublin airport at 8:20pm and want to travel to the midlands. But the only public transport I can find leaves the airport at 11pm. Is there any service outside the regular Bus Eireann/Citilink buses before 11pm? I can travel to Longford, Carrick, Mullingar, Athlone. Anywhere within 30 mins drive of Longford.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Doesn't look like it unfortunately. All the private bus operators in Longford don't do regular trips to the airport (and only tend to do them for events such as Whartons doing trips to the UK for football matches).

That 20:15pm Bus Eireann bus however leaves from Dublin Airport Atrium Road Zone 12 if that is any help to you.

Here it is marked on google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

theres a bus eireann bumber 20 to Athlone at 9.50 which gets to Kinnegad an hour later, and another hour is in Athlone.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1403523373-020X.pdf
    thats 44minutes to Longford so not much different than going to Athlone and is a better road.

theres a bus eireann bumber 20 to Athlone at 9.50 which gets to Kinnegad an hour later, and another hour is in Athlone.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1403523373-020X.pdf
    thats 44minutes to Longford so not much different than going to Athlone and is a better road.

It's €19.95 (Airport to Longford) as opposed to €36.10 however (Airport to Athlone and then Athlone to Longford). Got those prices from the website based on an adult return. €16.62

Munchkin is spot on though, would get you in earlier.

Edit: My mistake, thought the goal was to get to Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

indeed, but is there a bus from Athlone to Longford at midnight to connect with the bus from the airport?

indeed, but is there a bus from Athlone to Longford at midnight to connect with the bus from the airport?

My mistake, took it that OP wanted to get to Longford. And yes, no bus after 16:30 monday to Thursday from Atlone to Longford.

• Advertisement
Advertisement