Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland U20 2015 6 nations and junior world cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭typhoony

there's still no news if RTE will be showing the Italian game, i notice it's listed as being shown on espnscrum but not on the Sky listings for the ESPN Channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

RTE never show away games. Will most likely be on the website like in the past but don't expect to find much information about it even when the game has kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Stainalert

RuPi wrote: »

Very good article although I'm not sure Carolan should get all the credit for Marmion - Think Ruddock was the guy who identified him playing in Wales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Stainalert wrote: »
    Very good article although I'm not sure Carolan should get all the credit for Marmion - Think Ruddock was the guy who identified him playing in Wales
    Well he was in Irish Exiles set up and with Irish youths before Ruddock would have seen him....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Stainalert wrote: »

You only need to read interviews with Marmion to see where the credit goes and he's credited Carolan massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Stainalert

its_phil wrote: »
    You only need to read interviews with Marmion to see where the credit goes and he's credited Carolan massively.

Fair enough I stand corrected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Jack Carty was actually the guy who put Nigel Carolan on to Marmion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

article was a bit of a love in for me, lets wait till they play a few games before we wax lyrical about them and their set up. Talent is all there for a good season ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    aticle was a bit of a love in for me, lets wait till they play a few games before we wax lyrical about them and their set up. Talent is all there for a good season ahead

Same, but it is a very good squad, I think they will do very well this year. Wonder how Ruddock feels about the love in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Didn't Ruddock leave on his own terms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 leinster blue boys

whilst scrolling through forum boards and twitter,i noticed @irishrugyua has mentioned these exiles lads ,I wonder if the IRFU are aware ,with lads of this ability ,we are losing out on ,its not as if we have a wealth of talent in this country

whilst scrolling through forum boards and twitter, i noticed @irishrugyua has mentioned these exiles lads, I wonder if the IRFU are aware ,with lads of this ability, we are losing out on ,its not as if we have a wealth of talent in this country
    IRFU are most certainly aware of these guys. They've played Irish age grade but got asked to play for other nations and decided to play England etc

Will this thread be merged into other thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Ireland Under-20 team & Replacements (v Italy Under-20. Stadio Pozzi Lamarmora – Kick-off 19.00hrs local, 18.00hrs GMT):

15 – Billy Dardis (UCD/ Leinster)*
    14 – Greg O’Shea (Shannon/ Munster)
    13 – Garry Ringrose (UCD/ Leinster)*
    12 – Fergal Cleary (Lansdowne / Leinster)
    11 – Jack Owens (QUB/ Ulster)
    10 – Ross Byrne (UCD / Leinster)
    9 – Nick McCarthy (UCD/ Leinster) (Capt)*

1 – Jeremy Loughman (UCD / Leinster)
    2 – Zack McCall (QUB/Ulster)
    3 – Oisin Heffernan (Terenure/Leinster)*
    4 – David O’Connor (St. Mary’s/Leinster)
    5 – Alex Thompson (QUB/Ulster)
    6 – Josh Murphy (UCD/Leinster)*
    7 – Rory Moloney (Buccaneers/Connacht)*
    8 – Lorcan Dow (QUB/Ulster)

Replacements

16 – Adam McBurney (Ballymena/Ulster)
    17 – Michael Lagan (Ballymena/Ulster)
    18 – Conan O’Donnell (Sligo/NUIG/Connacht)
    19 – Cian Romaine (Buccaneers/Connacht)
    20 – Nick Timoney (St. Mary’s/Leinster)
    21 – Jack Cullen (Shannon/Munster)*
    22 – Joey Carbery (UCD/Leinster)
    23 – Sam Arnold (Ballynahinch/Ulster)

http://www.connachtrugby.ie/#ConnachtNews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Thought Romaine and Gaffney would start personally, but that's a tasty enough team in its own right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

wprathead wrote: »
    Thought Romaine and Gaffney would start personally, but that's a tasty enough team in its own right

Gaffney/Dwan/McNulty/Stockdale all injured and I hear Gaffney for the whole 6N die to a torn hamstring.

Would have had Fitzgerald in for O'Shea personally.

wprathead wrote: »

Gaffney not in at all is strange. Would've thought he was the most versatile of the backs.

Edit: just saw Stellenbosch's post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Didn't hear about Gaffney, massive shame. He been very impressive for Eagles this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

For someone with only a passing interest what is the U20s crop looking like this season compared to previous years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Brewer? is he injured again or what's the story there?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 leinster blue boys

IRFU are most certainly aware of these guys. They've played Irish age grade but got asked to play for other nations and decided to play England etc

Will this thread be merged into other thread?

how do you merge the thread into another thread ? Going back to the lads mentioned,i notice Treadwell an o connor are still in Englands squad , ,where as Sheedy is no longer in Wales squad ,anyone help with reason for him withdrawing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

If Gaffney is injured that makes a lot more sense alright, I was very surprised not to see him involved....he's been excellent every time I've seen him for Wegians + Connacht this season!! When did he get the injury?

For someone with only a passing interest what is the U20s crop looking like this season compared to previous years?
    With the high number who played last year back again you would be hopeful of the side going well. The backline is where the real strength of this years squad and if the forwards can match their English/French counterparts and give backs enough ball then we could do quite well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I would have thought McNulty would be starting after he did last year, if he's injured, that explains it. Does Fitzgerald have another year underage after this?

hopefully there's not too many long term injuries, McBurney on the replacements wasn't on the original squad list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Does anyone know when the player profiles will be up

• Registered Users Posts: 11 woody19

Anyone know if the game is going to be streamed online or on TV?

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I would have thought McNulty would be starting after he did last year, if he's injured, that explains it. Does Fitzgerald have another year underage after this?
    No he doesn't have another year.
    woody19 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the game is going to be streamed online or on TV?
    Its live on Italian tv so there may be a stream somewhere. Its live on Rai Sport 1 in Italy.
    Does anyone know when the player profiles will be up
    On IRFU site? Tweet them is best bet to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MagicF

I emailed the IRFU and got this reply:
    'We have asked the Italian Rugby Federation and we are not aware of anywhere streaming the game I'm afraid.'

definitely there will a stream available online, both Italian TV and ESPN are showing the game live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 MagicF

typhoony wrote: »
    definitely there will a stream available online, both Italian TV and ESPN are showing the game live

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Anyone know how I can watch the Wales u20 vs England u20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Anyone know how I can watch the Wales u20 vs England u20

Ferry from Dublin to Holyhead and then Colwyn Bay is about an hours drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Is this possible to watch at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Italy leading 7-0 after two minutes

Italy took the lead after 2 mins. Ireland reply after 6 mins with a good maul.
    7-7

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

7-7 now

The pitch is in tatters. Terrible conditions. Based on the touchline it looks like there has been heavy snow

10-7 Italy very nice penalty

Try Ireland brilliant work and break by Ringrose sets up O'Shea I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Cheers

Conditions really are dreadful, Ireland keep going for the corner too which when you've Byrne and Ringrose's kicking says it must be terrible underfoot

Beautiful kick into the corner from Byrne, pitch is one of the worst I've ever seen

I can't believe the state of the pitch. No option but to kick to the corners and maul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

no streams or requests please

Italy look a half decent side in attack

What a cut from the hooker haha. This is comical.

Wow brilliant individual skill by the hooker, charge down and outstanding pick up at full tilt in terrible conditions

Byrne nails the kick again, some effort from him

15-28, strangely high scoring game

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

Wow. Glad I peeked into this thread as a) The pitch has to be seen to be believed and b) it's the only rugby on atm

15 ITA - 28 IRE at half time

• Advertisement

Ireland have done very well to get a 13 point lead, conditions are hilariously terrible. Byrne's kicking has been very sweet

It's a very exciting team this year so if they can get through this they'll be set up well for the tournament

Advertisement