Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland U20 2015 6 nations and junior world cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

Brilliant. Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Ringrose genius

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Lovely steal by Ringrose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ha, one of those intercepts where you aren't quite sure if you got the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

..BOD-esque?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Great pace. Sure wouldn't ya run like ya stole something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Tox56 wrote: »
    ..BOD-esque?

Took the words off my fingertips.

Referee was right though. Kicker should know how much time he has left. If he's taking to long he should know he still has opportunity to kick.

Its part of the laws. What else should be disregarded. Nothing wrong with saying it. Issue about scrums is irrevelant.
    His routine will be timed but how is referee to know that? Referee is correct to inform kicker that there time to kick may be up.

Referee has given us plenty. He's had a fine game.

Stupid comment.

Would you prefer referee to not warn the kicker and award a scrum to the opposition for not taking the kick within the allocated

Haha Losty you wouldn't have a bad word said about your fellow refs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭A-Train

Ross Byrne well deserved MOTM

• Advertisement

Great game Byrne motm

Byrne motm, easily. Can't wait to see more of him at Leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

.ak wrote: »
    Haha Losty you wouldn't have a bad word said about your fellow refs! :D
    I will when theyre bad but this guys been fine. Certainly doesn't deserve the criticism he's getting here

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

England in Donnybrook. Might be worth the trip....

Sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

molloyjh wrote: »
    England in Donnybrook. Might be worth the trip....

Any particular reason it's being played there instead of Dubarry like tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Great win. Donnybrook is gonna be packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

What was final score?

37 20 great entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Very, very impressive. That French side were no mugs, could be a lot of senior players from both sides. Cannot wait to see Ringrose and Byrne do their thing for Leinster, in the short term they're going to ravage some B&I cup teams

The sub TH was v. good, could be in line for a start

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Will assume 4G pitch will suit us and means if there is bad weather the pitch will still be good as Dubarry Park isn't great on a good day never mind on a bad day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

No idea tbh. Delighted though. Watching these lads on a 4G pitch could be enjoyable!

Kielys will be jammers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭typhoony

well that was enjoyable, as the game went by it gradually dawned on the commentators how good this u20 team is. some strange substitutions from the french coach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Byrne looks the real deal.....Cathal Marsh is probably on the beer already after watching that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

I will when theyre bad but this guys been fine. Certainly doesn't deserve the criticism he's getting here

I understand your loyalty to your fellow refs and ya, a lot of the time, refs get undeserved stick from eejits in the crowd who don't know a thing but that guy made plenty mistakes tonight.....2 of which led to 10 points for France.

While we as supporters shouldn't go over the top in our criticism, you shouldn't put the blinkers on and refuse to recognise the mistakes. His demeanour also left a lot to be desired which certainly doesn't help with our perception of him!

S12b wrote: »
    I understand your loyalty to your fellow refs and ya, a lot of the time, refs get undeserved stick from eejits in the crowd who don't know a thing but that guy made plenty mistakes tonight.....2 of which led to 10 points for France.

While we as supporters shouldn't go over the top in our criticism, you shouldn't put the blinkers on and refuse to recognise the mistakes. His demeanour also left a lot to be desired which certainly doesn't help with our perception of him!
    This isn't about loyalty to another referee. I would say the exact same if I wasn't a referee. He was fine. Referee's make mistakes but some of the comments were ridiculous like giving out to referee for telling the kicker to hurry up. If he didn't say it the referee could have blown up and no kick could have been taken. Is it not better that Byrne was warned so he knew he was running out of time. I don't have blinkers on at all, far from it, but some of the comments about the referee were ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Nigel has the u20's playing some scintillating rugby.
    When you have a pack that are up to the physical challenge and allow lads like Arnold, Ringrose and Byrne express themselves you are in for a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hype101

Thought O'Donnell, the sub TH, was impressive off the bench.. Shored up that scrum when the game was still in the pot.. Nice carrier as well and has another year at this level.. One to keep an eye on.. Byrne, Ringrose and co did their thing.. Serious group of players.. England on AstroTurf, can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

This isn't about loyalty to another referee. I would say the exact same if I wasn't a referee. He was fine. Referee's make mistakes but some of the comments were ridiculous like giving out to referee for telling the kicker to hurry up. If he didn't say it the referee could have blown up and no kick could have been taken. Is it not better that Byrne was warned so he knew he was running out of time. I don't have blinkers on at all, far from it, but some of the comments about the referee were ridiculous

agree,ref wasn't that bad. touch judges should be helping with those forward pass calls. when watching i didn't think he was having a shocker-even if i didn't agree with all calls(but when does that ever happen!)

one call i have issue with and have seen in a number of games lately. In the build up to the french try the 6 is part of ruck-reaches back picks and dives for the line.McCarthy does very well to stop him. Same thing happened for wasps vs leinster and in the rock game midweek.
    Now i thought if you are in the ruck and the ref calls ruck formed there is no hands. Surely a pick and dive like this is hands in the ruck? Have seen some refs call it in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conorsinnott

Guys, how did Sam Arnold get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Was very good in the first half. Big unit for an 18 year old was very strong in contact. Ulster seem to have a conveyor belt of quality 12's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 twies9

case885 wrote: »
    Was very good in the first half. Big unit for an 18 year old was very strong in contact. Ulster seem to have a conveyor belt of quality 12's.

Not really a product of Ulster though as he came thru the exile system.

Although Ulster obviously have a lot of talented homegrown centres coming through.

Really impressed by McCarthy, rarely has a poor pass, makes quick decisions and usually the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

twies9 wrote: »
    Not really a product of Ulster though as he came thru the exile system.

Although Ulster obviously have a lot of talented homegrown centres coming through.

Yeah thats true, makes you wonder why Munster didnt pick him up as he has a long line in front of him in Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RuggaBugga

I am not sure if this has already been posted but the full video of the game against Italy is on YouTube if anyone wants to have a look.

www. youtube .com/watch?v=Kb-aYq0Dexw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

case885 wrote: »
    Yeah thats true, makes you wonder why Munster didnt pick him up as he has a long line in front of him in Ulster.

I think he may have started as a scrum half. Ulster do quite well at picking up Exiles. Joyce, Taggart, Dow and Arnold are four recent examples, and then from the current senior squad you can add Declan Fitzpatrick, Callum Black and Dan Tuohy to that list as well. Leinster have no real need for them as they have that many players coming through but I'm surprised Munster don't make more of the Exiles system.

bilston wrote: »
    I think he may have started as a scrum half. Ulster do quite well at picking up Exiles. Joyce, Taggart, Dow and Arnold are four recent examples, and then from the current senior squad you can add Declan Fitzpatrick, Callum Black and Dan Tuohy to that list as well. Leinster have no real need for them as they have that many players coming through but I'm surprised Munster don't make more of the Exiles system.

Easier transition to move to Belfast than to move to Limerick.

Although Munster took Cullen/Wootton recently and I know Leinster chased after an exile lock a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

twies9 wrote: »
    Easier transition to move to Belfast than to move to Limerick.

Although Munster took Cullen/Wootton recently and I know Leinster chased after an exile lock a few years ago.

That lock was probably Treadwell who's currently playing for England 20s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Scotland beat Wales 36-34.
    England beat Italy 61-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

The England game is going to be an absolute spectacle. If I can get down there I certainly will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

RuggaBugga wrote: »

Ringrose's assist at 27:25 is wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Thought that McCarthy led the team today, really a great prospect. Sets the tempo.

FrannoFan wrote: »
    agree,ref wasn't that bad. touch judges should be helping with those forward pass calls. when watching i didn't think he was having a shocker-even if i didn't agree with all calls(but when does that ever happen!)

one call i have issue with and have seen in a number of games lately. In the build up to the french try the 6 is part of ruck-reaches back picks and dives for the line.McCarthy does very well to stop him. Same thing happened for wasps vs leinster and in the rock game midweek.
    Now i thought if you are in the ruck and the ref calls ruck formed there is no hands. Surely a pick and dive like this is hands in the ruck? Have seen some refs call it in the past.
    Yep. At this level where all officials are micced there is no excuse for AR's not to be making calls.
    That situation would vary on a referees interpretation of each situation and would vary wildly between referees....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very good. Young too. Think he has another 2 years left at this level.

Very good. Young too. Think he has another 2 years left at this level.
    He is underage next year. Just 1 year left at this level after this June's world championship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Board_man

Pretty phenomanal performance by all accounts last night. Backline looks like a serious force to be reckoned with, forwards set piece could do with some improving though. McCalls throwing doesn't look up to scratch and Heffernan seemed to be struggling in the scrum. A win against England next week and you'd have to think a Grand Slam isn't out of the picture. Must be a very strong team if the likes of Gaffney, McNulty, Stockdale and Brewer aren't getting a look in.

Board_man wrote: »
    Pretty phenomanal performance by all accounts last night. Backline looks like a serious force to be reckoned with, forwards set piece could do with some improving though. McCalls throwing doesn't look up to scratch and Heffernan seemed to be struggling in the scrum. A win against England next week and you'd have to think a Grand Slam isn't out of the picture. Must be a very strong team if the likes of Gaffney, McNulty, Stockdale and Brewer aren't getting a look in.

All of the players you've just named are injured..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Board_man

Any clue when they're back? Ide imagine they would all make huge impacts

Board_man wrote: »
    Any clue when they're back? Ide imagine they would all make huge impacts

Not sure , ye it's good strength in depth

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bradders90

When the u2 squad was initially announced a lot was made of O'Hagan (Ulster) being left out. However if you look at his Twitter (@seanohagan10) then you see that he has been injured for at least 8 weeks. Not sure if it has already been mentioned or not. Just thought i'd point it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement