Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland U20 2015 6 nations and junior world cup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Ireland getting pummelled in the scrum again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Driven off our own ball? jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Interesting to see when porter comes on if the scrum changes , Lagan is not a good scrummager he struggled when he came on against England

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thegoat310

Interesting to see when porter comes on if the scrum changes , Lagan is not a good scrummager he struggled when he came on against England

Porters out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Brilliant try for Fitzgerald again.
    Dardis Ireland's best player so far

Best backs we've probably ever had combined with close to the weakest pack as a collective

Lagan gets a turnover good way to reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Game is on BBC red button.

Which BBC channel is this?

Nothing on the red button on the BBC channels on my Sky box, that I can find anyway :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

What's the score?

thegoat310 wrote: »
    Porters out

He's on the bench apparently.
    LEIN wrote: »
    What's the score?

12-10 to Scotland at half-time. Scotland got two tries from the maul and Ireland scored through Stephen Fitzgerald after some good work from Gaffney and Dardis.

LEIN wrote: »
    What's the score?

12-10 Scotland at ht

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

U-20's currently due to finish 2nd bottom unless they turn around the Scotland game.

Referee just missed the most obvious offside I've ever seen in the England v France game. Should have been a yellow card.

I know we look like coming second last but the 20s 6N has been brilliantly competitive this year. All the teams beating each other and Italy pushing Wales too.

Oh wow. That is criminal. Not only did he miss the offside tackle in real time, he then went upstairs after the French try and missed it on numerous occasions in slow mo. That's unacceptable.

Sounds like Ireland's back line is bailing out their pack at the moment

Very dubious knock on there for France. Ref has to at least check it. Getting nothing france

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Hagz wrote: »
    Oh wow. That is criminal. Not only did he miss the offside tackle in real time, he then went upstairs after the French try and missed it on numerous occasions in slow mo. That's unacceptable.

What channel are you watching it on?

Sounds like our backs are throwing everything at them.

Stainalert wrote: »
    What channel are you watching it on?

I'm talking about the Fra v Eng game on Sky Sports 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Ireland score?? How long left??

Sam Arnold knocks on on the tryline.

funtime93 wrote: »
    Ireland score?? How long left??

Still 12-10. Lots of time left. About 30 mins. Ireland putting serious pressure on through the backs. Sam Arnold knocks on close to the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Sam Arnold knocks on on the tryline.

How are you watching it??

@rugby_ie

Bbc red button. I'm in Scotland though, I don't know if its available in Ireland

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Bbc red button. I'm in Scotland though, I don't know if its available in Ireland

You're actually watching it?

How are we looking?

still 12-10 scot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

still 12-10 scot?
    Yep.

This is so infuriating. It sounds like the Irish backs are running riot and we can't see any of it.

Try scotland

• Advertisement

So Ireland finish 5th.

Scotland are in our pool for the WC so a big confidence boost for them. Our set-piece needs to improve big time.

over?

over?

Yep. 17-10 to Scotland.

At under 18 level that Ireland team beat the scots 40-0 shocking regression in just 2 years , the players sound like they've never been taught how to defend a maul , very badly coached

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bradders90

Hagz wrote: »
    So Ireland finish 5th.

Scotland are in our pool for the WC so a big confidence boost for them. Our set-piece needs to improve big time.

The whole forward pack needs some serious coaching, if not that a complete overhaul in personnel - which we don't have the depth to do. I can handle a lot of the backs mistakes because they are creating opportunites it just hasn't clicked correct yet, something i think will. But the forwards have been dominated in the England,Wales,Scotland games and partially the French game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭typhoony

the good news is that they have nearly 3 months to fix problems that can be fixed with the right coaching

Forwards this year are a bit of a pisstake

At under 18 level that Ireland team beat the scots 40-0 shocking regression in just 2 years, the players sound like they've never been taught how to defend a maul, very badly coached
    Yes the schools side beat Scotland well 2 years ago but 2 years is huge in age grade development. It ultimately isn't that shocking..
    I don't think we can just simply say the side has been badly coached. We always knew the forwards were the weak link as such this year and from sounds of it we were well beaten up up front again tonight like some of the previous games...
    18s is completely different ball game to 20s.

Very disappointing outcome given the amount of players back from a successful world cup last Summer. This team looks like it has got worse the more time they have spent together

Forwards this year are a bit of a pisstake
    What you mean by "piss take" and what would you like seen done to help forwards in relation to World Cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Two years ago it was hailed as the best schools team ever, they were going to win the FIRA easy as I recall. I don't remember anyone saying the forwards were rubbish then.

Shambles , joke , wanna buy a dictionary ? , get some steroids pumped into the boys , that'll sort em haha

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

What you mean by "piss take" and what would you like seen done to help forwards in relation to World Cup?
    I believe one of the criticisms of Ruddock by the IRFU was that he needed to employ a scrum coach and not do it himself and that the new set up would use a better system for scrum coaching. Well that worked out well! Team gone backwards since summer hopefully a big improvement by time RWC rolls around

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Two years ago it was hailed as the best schools team ever, they were going to win the FIRA easy as I recall. I don't remember anyone saying the forwards were rubbish then.
    And Robbie you have enough experience of age grade rugby to know 18s(schools or clubs) to 20s is a whole different ball game in every way...
    Shambles , joke , wanna buy a dictionary ? , get some steroids pumped into the boys , that'll sort em haha
    Shambles. No it isn't and the implying about drugs is not needed....
    ArmchairQB wrote: »
    I believe one of the criticisms of Ruddock by the IRFU was that he needed to employ a scrum coach and not do it himself and that the new set up would use a better system for scrum coaching. Well that worked out well! Team gone backwards since summer hopefully a big improvement by time RWC rolls around
    This isn't the same team as last summer. How can a team that didn't play last summer have gone backwards:confused:

We generally always have improved from 6Ns to World Championships. Hopefully this year will be the same

At under 18 level that Ireland team beat the scots 40-0 shocking regression in just 2 years , the players sound like they've never been taught how to defend a maul , very badly coached

There have been 14 changes in the Irish 23 from that game, and 17 changes in the Scottish 23. So it's basically two different sides, especially in the case of Scotland.

And Robbie you have enough experience of age grade rugby to know 18s(schools or clubs) to 20s is a whole different ball game in every way...

Shambles. No it isn't and the implying about drugs is not needed....
    This isn't the same team as last summer. How can a team that didn't play last summer have gone backwards:confused:

We generally always have improved from 6Ns to World Championships. Hopefully this year will be the same

All fair points Lost Sheep but you to admit it has been a pretty disappointing six nations

Stainalert wrote: »
    All fair points Lost Sheep but you to admit it has been a pretty disappointing six nations
    Disappointing yes but perhaps expectations were a bit too high based on last summer. Hopefully we'll see big improvement for the summer.

You need to relax , its a joke you might need a dictionary for that word too

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Obri1

bradders90 wrote: »
    The whole forward pack needs some serious coaching, if not that a complete overhaul in personnel - which we don't have the depth to do. I can handle a lot of the backs mistakes because they are creating opportunites it just hasn't clicked correct yet, something i think will. But the forwards have been dominated in the England,Wales,Scotland games and partially the French game.

Well there are other players around Frank Bradshaw Ryan at 6,9 second row from Munster, JP Phelan 6,2 115kg tight head from UCD/Leinster, Eric O'sulliven 6,1 112 kg loose from Dublin university/ Leinster, Greg Jones big back row from UCD/Leinster, Charlie rock scrum half from belvedere (McCarty has been poor in my opinion) all have been playing excellently for there clubs and are up to the age which does make a big difference in the pack at this age, Mcveigh Buccaneers/Connacht to start so in fairness there are loads of other options out there to look at, it is really disappointing to see them finish 5th I thought they would do a lot better than that.

• Advertisement

I havent seen the game but from the sounds of it the backs were quite good , can a member who watched the game on the red button tell me if any of the forwards were good tonite?

Advertisement